Speculation: Value of Shatt

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I'd rather have RNH > Spooner if we're only discussing players. But there's always layers to any deal.

RNH comes with the 6 million dollar multi-year deal. I doubt Edm adds anything significant if it's Shatty for RNH.

On the other hand, if you get Spooner + a 1st to me is more value. Spooner is cost controlled. He has another year making just 950k and even after is still a RFA. Adding a 1st to that almost guarantees another high quality prospect (hopefully forward).

You would be getting 2 1sts next year, a high quality, young cost controlled center, and the ability to bolster your top 9 in free agency due to the cap relief created by that deal.

To me it's not close. I'd pull the trigger on Spooner + 1st.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Adding pieces is tough. No idea if we could get a first with Spooner.

Maybe look at it like this:

RNH with a small plus.

Everyone else with a 1st - i would likely go with Horvat or Strome. Spooner is smaller and lighter then pretty much everyone on that list.

But the real truth is, I watch the Blues and not much of the other teams. I don't have time to watch all the highlights and those really don't show much. Be interesting to see where he winds up.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I'd rather have RNH > Spooner if we're only discussing players. But there's always layers to any deal.

RNH comes with the 6 million dollar multi-year deal. I doubt Edm adds anything significant if it's Shatty for RNH.

On the other hand, if you get Spooner + a 1st to me is more value. Spooner is cost controlled. He has another year making just 950k and even after is still a RFA. Adding a 1st to that almost guarantees another high quality prospect (hopefully forward).

You would be getting 2 1sts next year, a high quality, young cost controlled center, and the ability to bolster your top 9 in free agency due to the cap relief created by that deal.

To me it's not close. I'd pull the trigger on Spooner + 1st.

I agree...would pull the trigger on a first and Spooner...the first being the key part of the deal for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad