Value of our Players

Greatest=most votes (vote is unlimited so multiple selections to see where each stands)

• Hyman

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Marleau

• Kadri

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Komarov

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • JVR

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Bozak

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Martin

• Moore

• Leivo

• Rielly

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Hainsey

• Gardiner

• Zaits

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Borgman

• Carrick

• Total voters

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I think when you are making proposals, you should ask yourself why the other team (i.e. Las Vegas) would be trading the given asset (i.e. Theodore) you are attempting to acquire. Then, ask yourself what the best asset is in the deal is (i.e. in the case of your first proposal, Theodore).

Regarding JVR, he gets you Jack Johnson. He's a pending free agent winger who is prone to lazy lapses, and is predominantly a one-way player. Adding a little sweetner (i.e. a 2nd round pick) bumps it up to Savard.

What you said about JVR is what they said about Kessel until he stopped playing with Bozak. JVR could be 'the piece' on a cup contender too & no one will talk about his defense if he plays with a Selke type center.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
even if you were to offer this;

Bozak, Dermott, 2nd rounder

For

Shea Theodore--or
Brady Skjei

I mentioned on that trade thread that, that is a major overpayment for the leafs but apparently not, and apparently that does not even get us close.

If I was on the other end I wouldn't trade Theodore or Skjei for Bozak, Dermott and a 2nd rounder - not even close. I am a fan of Dermott, but he hasn't proved anything yet. Bozak is a rental and a 2nd rounder from the Leafs is meh.

Of course, it is not up to me and I find the proposals in the trade forums baffling because a high percentage of posters act like they are representatives for their team, instead of just fans. At the same time fans over-value most of their own players and undervalue the players on other teams, which is just a recipe for useless conversations. I have watched Dermott play several games and, as I have said, I am fan. But most Leafs fans have never watched Dermott play. Almost all fans of other teams have never seen Dermott play. All they see is a 2nd round pick in his D+3, who has never played a single NHL game - so he can't crack the Leafs D - which they view as one of the league's worst - and has no goals and 4 assists in 14 AHL games. How much value are they supposed to place on him?

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I voted for Kadri, Rielly, Brown and Jvr in that order of value.

I don't feel like a lot of teams see a lot of value in Gardiner, a wildly inconsistent 2nd pair D who can throw up points, but needs sheltering, doesn't PK and will probably ask for at least 5.5 year after next.

Kadri = Johansen
Rielly = Leddy
Brown = E. Lindholm
Jvr = Mike Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad