Salary Cap: Value of nylanders next contract

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I know Johnny Hockey is older but he also had better stats and he signed for just over 9mil. Think that’s the comparable for Willie.
I don't think Nylander can use two higher paid players having slightly down scoring years as a reason to make the same money. He is tied for 20th in league scoring and Johnny was 2nd last year.

Reactions: Americanadian

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
This will never happen but if I am Dubas I am giving it a shot.

If the Leafs do indeed find success this postseason, I bring the three of them in and try and sell 5 year deals to all of them at a minimal raise.

Matthews 5×12
Marner 5×11
Nylander 5×8

If playing together matters to them, and if the have made it to the finals, or won a cup then the sell is they would have 6 more years to win a few more together, knowing rhe cap will go up, Tavares' 11 million comes off the books and they can retool with more than just league minimum.

They would all be 30-32 and still be able to sign a 4-5 year deal at the end wherever they choose and for still pretty good money

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This will never happen but if I am Dubas I am giving it a shot.

If the Leafs do indeed find success this postseason, I bring the three of them in and try and sell 5 year deals to all of them at a minimal raise.

Matthews 5×12
Marner 5×11
Nylander 5×8

If playing together matters to them, and if the have made it to the finals, or won a cup then the sell is they would have 6 more years to win a few more together, knowing rhe cap will go up, Tavares' 11 million comes off the books and they can retool with more than just league minimum.

They would all be 30-32 and still be able to sign a 4-5 year deal at the end wherever they choose and for still pretty good money
There is no way one of the three except that. Not hard to figure out who.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad