Value of Dan Hamhuis (Discussion)

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I watch and marvel over your teams offense.....very envious!

So, I come in peace with an offer.........

Dan Hamhuis for Robert Hagg and 2015 1st

Now I did not come to insult you, but here is what I am thinking.......once you get winning like tonite, Hamhuis makes you much more solid of a threat.

The reason I am so free with your 2015- 1st is because isn't as low once you are in the playoffs, Hagg because I didn't want to ask for Morin (which I think? is your better prospect?)

Anyways......I will listen to you answers....thanks

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Now I did not come to insult you, but here is what I am thinking.......once you get winning like tonite, Hamhuis makes you much more solid of a threat.

The reason I am so free with your 2015- 1st is because isn't as low once you are in the playoffs, Hagg because I didn't want to ask for Morin (which I think? is your better prospect?)

Too risky to trade the 1st this year

Goes against everything Hextall wants (trading picks and prospects)

Hamhuis had a chance to sign here and chose not to. He wanted to sign with VAN instead.

So no.

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
You say you don't want to insult us but you did just that. The Flyers are not making the playoffs this year and should in no way trade two important parts of their future for a 32 year old Dan Hamhuis.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers virtually have no shot at making the playoffs even if you include Hamuis to the roster. The pick seeing as it's most likely going to be a top 10 pick in a very good draft & Hagg are more important to the Flyers going forward than adding a 30+ year old defender who's coming off his contract in another year.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Totally understand...where is your weakness.......and with all due respect, why are you guys so low?

I wouldm't expect you to trade away a top 10 pick.....totally understandable

Phili is fun to watch...just don't see them much out here......

Incidently,....always loved Harnell.......you guys missing him? Or was it time?

His sister is my physiotherapist........she is tuff! LOL

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Hamhuis burnt the bridge behind him when he turned down the Flyers' contract offer.

He doesn't really fit to the forward core age-wise. And that 2015 st rounder could turn into a really good player.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Totally understand...where is your weakness.......and with all due respect, why are you guys so low?

I wouldm't expect you to trade away a top 10 pick.....totally understandable

Phili is fun to watch...just don't see them much out here......

Incidently,....always loved Harnell.......you guys missing him? Or was it time?

His sister is my physiotherapist........she is tuff! LOL

Our D is atrocious and until very recently we have struggled to produce secondary scoring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They're not going to the playoffs, so it doesn't matter.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Hamhuis burnt the bridge behind him when he turned down the Flyers' contract offer.

He doesn't really fit to the forward core age-wise. And that 2015 st rounder could turn into a really good player.

This.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
There has got to be at least one bad-decent prospect that Vancouver could throw in to this deal, no?

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
I never want a player who had the chance to play here but passed it up

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I would do the deal as long as the pick was top-10 protected, sliding to 2016 if so. Hamhuis would be an excellent veteran top-pairing guy to help transition the rookies into the line-up, much more than Coburn, whom Hextall could even more aggressively shop for another 1st rounder.

The protection is probably a deal-breaker for Vancouver, though, and I would understand why.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The Flyers are not in win now mode. They are building towards contending in 2 years or so. They do not have anywhere near the defense to contend and Berube is not the coach to take us to the next level. That said, we will be looking to stock-pile picks and prospects, not trade them.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hamhuis is a hick....he wouldn't like it here and didn't. Not his kind of town...plus I don't want him anyway at this point. Rather continue to develop our prospects on D with Hagg being one of them

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hey everyone thanks for the responses...interesting reads

I can see your position......

To drinkfightflyers..........Hamhuis and Lack/Subban/Markstrom/Vey.........nothing that would put it over the top for you guys

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

Mate, this falls into the pitfall of most trade proposals. Why would the Flyers trade an excellent pick and a good prospect for a 32 year old when we're not trying to win now?!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hamhuis isn't worth **** to us as a team that won't make the playoffs. Also, he's not having a great season.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
You could add Shea Weber to this team and they would maybe win one round in the playoffs. Hamhuis doesn't do anything for us with the current build of the team, it'd be a waste of assets that are going to be more valuable for us in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00