Speculation: Value of Bishop

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Whether or not you think he should be traded, you got to admit he is one of the guys that is most likely to be moved.

This is a thread for how much we should be able to get for him.

Don't forget, even though he played bad tonight, he has been good most of the year

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
If a team is absolutely desperate maybe a late 1st at very best. But most likely a 2nd+ a prospect or something Lindback-esque

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Why are people saying at the draft?

Wouldn't Bishop be worth more at the trade deadline to a playoff team with an injured goalie, or a questionable back up?

As long as Andy is healthy I wouldn't mind moving Bishop then, it would also give Lehner AHL experience

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Should return a similar package that Lindback did on his own. Hopefully we see him as part of a bigger deal to bring a significant asset/name back.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I would easily trade him for a rook or possibly a knight.

G'night folks, be sure to tip your waiter.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
If Bishop plays a couple more games, he can turn into a UFA at the end of the season, so GM should be trading him very soon. He just has a one year contract.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If Bishop plays a couple more games, he can turn into a UFA at the end of the season, so GM should be trading him very soon. He just has a one year contract.

No you got that backwards.

If Bishop didn't play another game this year, he'd be a UFA. If he plays in only 2 more games (I think it's two more, after tonight), he remains an RFA.

There's no hurry to move him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

No...he needs to play 1 more game and then he'd be an RFA, or he already is. Can't remember if it was 8 or 9 games.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Bishop + Petersson + Puempel + Claesson + Sdao + Fransoo + Peltz = MacKinnon

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Philly wants to move Briere and a pick for bishop?

Are you asking if this is something Philly would want to do, or are you quoting a rumor from somewhere?

If the former, my guess is "probably not".
If it's the latter, I ask for a source... which, if legitimate, my reaction would be "where do I sign?"

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
I don't know if anyone would want to pay up to make him the starter like Tampa did with Lindbäck or St. Louis did with Halak (who had an incredible season leading up to the trade). I hope we can get a little bit lucky with a team losing their starter and employing a hatrack for a backup, much like we did last year.

I'd be happy if we can get the 2nd rounder back, but I think we'll need to get lucky even for that to happen.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Ironically does anyone else think he would be the ideal goalie for St. Louis? Play alot of games farily good without having to be the clear cut #1 or #2 goalie.?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Doubt Lehner agrees to the AHL next year. Something has to give, no question. Hold out for a 1st/top prospect at the deadline or keep him to the draft for the same return.

I think DaCosta is in the same boat - he'll need to be moved. Maybe package them up (with Bishop).

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Philly wants to move Briere and a pick for bishop?

This would be the perfect deal for us.

I would give up Bishop + Daugavins + Gryba

Briere-Spezza-Michalek
Siflverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Zibanejad
Condra-Smith-Neil

* And get a veteran D-man with another deal (similar, from a team that needs more cap space)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad