Proposal: Value of 77#...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I get your point, but in reality mind reading is not yet an available tech! They also said they're building for the future.

Would Dach, Anderson and Barron for Nemec and cap dump make more sense for the Devils? Barron is further developed too, and they're trying to win now, he replaces Nemec in their plans. I don't dare to post it on the main board, fans are way more greedy than GMs, they have their truth lol.
That would make no sense for Mtl not with what Dach is showing atm.

Reactions: MasterD

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Unless we land Bedard or Carlsson theres no reasons to trade him. And then again, we might just use him at wing as a playmaking winger for Bedard.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Dach is overrated and if the offer is right (Top 7 pick in this draft), you have to take it.

Could see Ottawa doing such a trade as they should be done rebuilding.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I get your point, but in reality mind reading is not yet an available tech! They also said they're building for the future.

Would Dach, Anderson and Barron for Nemec and cap dump make more sense for the Devils? Barron is further developed too, and they're trying to win now, he replaces Nemec in their plans. I don't dare to post it on the main board, fans are way more greedy than GMs, they have their truth lol.

I wouldn't even trade Dach for Nemec straight up. Nemec is a very good prospect but he's not a sure shot top pairing guy.

Dach is overrated and if the offer is right (Top 7 pick in this draft), you have to take it.

Explain why Dach is overrated? What makes you think a 7th OA pick ends up better than Dach?

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Perhaps he's not as good a skater as you think.

This is flawed. Makar could have done that to anybody. That play was not about skating (with Dach), it was about situational awareness and Makar caught him moving one way while he went the other.

Makar could have caught McDavid the same way with his change of direction and once he gets a step on him, even McDavid might have not been able to catch him in that timeframe.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
I wouldn't even trade Dach for Nemec straight up. Nemec is a very good prospect but he's not a sure shot top pairing guy.

Explain why Dach is overrated? What makes you think a 7th OA pick ends up better than Dach?

On these boards he is definitely over rated after a hot start to this year. I don’t see him maintaining this current pace

Reactions: FF de Mars

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
This is flawed. Makar could have done that to anybody. That play was not about skating (with Dach), it was about situational awareness and Makar caught him moving one way while he went the other.

Makar could have caught McDavid the same way and once he gets a step on him, even McDavid might have not been able to catch him in that timeframe.
Maybe. But perhaps he's not a nimble fluid skater. My point is simple. From what I have seen over twenty games Dach, at least now, lacks the skating ability to play effectively at center. Forget that he couldn't win a face-off against Helen Keller. MSL has largely come to the same conclusion and has placed him on the wing. Nothing wrong with that. We can use, big, skilled wingers. Ask Suzuki and Caufield.

Reactions: Walrus26

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe. But perhaps he's not a nimble fluid skater. My point is simple. From what I have seen over twenty games Dach, at least now, lacks the skating ability to play effectively at center. Forget that he couldn't win a face-off against Helen Keller. MSL has largely come to the same conclusion and has placed him on the wing. Nothing wrong with that. We can use, big, skilled wingers. Ask Suzuki and Caufield.

What. He's a better skater than both Suzuki and Monahan, who have been great playing center this season.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I’m really torn about where I want Dach to play in the lineup. He has great chemistry with Suzuki and Caufield but at the same time he is a natural center. Him playing down the middle would give the Habs a great 1-2 combo for years to come.

To play Devils advocate a little; what if Dubois does actually sign here! Then donyou play Dach in place of Dvorak or keep him on the wing?!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What. He's a better skater than both Suzuki and Monahan, who have been great playing center this season.
.... heh, Dach is more of a straight-line skater. He's faster, but I wouldn't call him outright better than Suzuki.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
You and I are obviously not watching the same flow of play. Did you see Dach carry the puck once through three zones of the ice? If he was a better skater than Suzuki and Monahan, why isn't MLS playing him at center?

This is not a motherhood issue. Dach is a good player. He just doesn't have the skating to be an effective center in the NHL. His future on the team is as a power, skilled winger who can supplement faster players. Nothing wrong with that. He will carve out a good career for himself and be a core player for this team going forward.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
.... heh, Dach is more of a straight-line skater. He's faster, but I wouldn't call him outright better than Suzuki.
Maybe its my aged eyes. Montreal's power play is built around the drop pass to Suzuki who has the skating speed to force the defenders off the offensive blueline. Now with the arrival of Matheson, that entry play may vary. When I see Montreal use Dach for the entry play, I may change my assessment. But it won't happen. Dach lacks the speed to force the defence off the blueline. Dach, despite some viewers' opinions, is a strong skater with average speed. Nothing more. As I said, there's a reason Chicago gave up on him and MSL isn't using him as a center. To this writer, the reason is obvious.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
On these boards he is definitely over rated after a hot start to this year. I don’t see him maintaining this current pace
overrated? he is doing well and posters are recognizing it. That is not overrating since he is not in a trade discussion. As for his pace unless you have a crystal ball then it means nothing...wait and see then we we can talk at the end of the season.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You and I are obviously not watching the same flow of play. Did you see Dach carry the puck once through three zones of the ice? If he was a better skater than Suzuki and Monahan, why isn't MLS playing him at center?

This is not a motherhood issue. Dach is a good player. He just doesn't have the skating to be an effective center in the NHL. His future on the team is as a power, skilled winger who can supplement faster players. Nothing wrong with that. He will carve out a good career for himself and be a core player for this team going forward.

Carrying the puck through 3-zones is not a requirement to be a good skater. Dach just prefers to defer to Suzuki for that.

His skating ability had nothing to do with being moved to the wing.
He was moved to the wing because the habs had trouble scoring, so they tried different line combinations. The Caufield - Suzuki - Dach line has worked tremendously, so there is no reason to break that up right now. Dach is also gaining a ton of confidence playing with those 2, and confidence was his biggest issue last year.

Both Hughes and Gorton said that eventually, they want to put Dach back at center. So clearly, skating has nothing to do with the move to the wing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I don't see skating and puck possession problems with Dach. I do see center responsibility issues though. Personally, I prefer to have Dach on wing with Suzuki/Caufield and we find other centers. Hopefully PLD signs when he is UFA and Beck turns into who we project him as. That would be ideal cause then we have wingers like Caufield, Slaf, Dach, and others coming. Might come together well.

Talent needs to play with talent and this applies to Dach. He's not overrated and he's playing very well for us.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Unless we draft an NHL-ready, legit top-6C in the next year or two, who can actually drive primary or secondary offence, why would we ever trade Dach (if he breaks out)?

Sure, if there's cap issues, HuGo can consider it but considering we still don't really have a 2C, trading Dach should be the last thing we think about right now.

Reactions: Redux91

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Makar could have caught McDavid the same way with his change of direction and once he gets a step on him, even McDavid might have not been able to catch him in that timeframe.

Only **** Lidstrom was bad ;)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Perhaps he's not as good a skater as you think.

He got beat by perhaps the smoothest, slickest D the NHL has seen in 30 years. It happens.
Ya he got beat bad but that's a move only a handful of players can make over the last 10 years.

77s top value is with the Habs right now. He is worth more than the 13th OA moved for him. If someone wants to substantially increase on what was paid 6 months HuGo should listen but I can't see it right now.
He is in a great spot.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Yeah the habs can take offer for Caufield and Suzuki too if the thing is trading away 21 years old guys, just give us top 5 picks!

Pretty sure Hughes and Gorton traded to get a 6’4 21 years old C who fits perfectly in age with the young players they already had just to trade him away! Good plan you’re having.

How is he more useful to a team who are supposedly done rebuilding than a team THAT IS currently rebuilding and have so little talent lol.

Reactions: habdynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad