Proposal: Value of 77#...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I mean you could just go off of their own exact words in various interviews and then piecing it together

I get your point, but in reality mind reading is not yet an available tech! They also said they're building for the future.

Would Dach, Anderson and Barron for Nemec and cap dump make more sense for the Devils? Barron is further developed too, and they're trying to win now, he replaces Nemec in their plans. I don't dare to post it on the main board, fans are way more greedy than GMs, they have their truth lol.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I get your point, but in reality mind reading is not yet an available tech! They also said they're building for the future.

Would Dach, Anderson and Barron for Nemec and cap dump make more sense for the Devils? Barron is further developed too, and they're trying to win now, he replaces Nemec in their plans. I don't dare to post it on the main board, fans are way more greedy than GMs, they have their truth lol.
True. I think HuGo have been really transparent tho relative to other GMs I've seen. For example when they traded for Barron, Hughes eluded to preferring ready prospects to futures which is why I think Anderson is probably netting a prospect in return. That proposal for Nemec imo is pretty bad considering Habs can keep Dach and Barron and find a GM stupid enough (there's are always willing candidates) to send Habs a lucrative package for Anderson

Reactions: FF de Mars

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I bet Devils fans think it's a bad proposal too, but when both team's fans think it's a bad deal, sometimes it's a good one; anyway, I gotta go to sleep.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Dach for Nemec? Anderson in the mix if the rumours are true? Get creative.

For a better future, you set it up for the next couple of years, enabling a top 10 pick in a deep draft and a really good blue chip prospect.

Should trade Suzuki instead. He's hurting the tank a lot more.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He would pair well with Slafkosky on a second line with one of Farrell, Beck or Mesar.
Really? No way of knowing unless it is tried. Could be the furthest thing from the truth.

In fact, even as a winger, Dach is a pass-first forward who has enough size and desire to dig pucks out of the corner ands play in and out of the opposing G's paint.

That's precisely why he is such a good match with Caufield and Suzuki. Caufield is a notable sniper who can also make a decent pass, while Suzuki is a premiere playmaker who can slow down the game, but also a C that can either rifle one past the opposing G or lob it into the net with a deft touch.

Dach has two sniper options in Caufield and Suzuki and a bonafide tic-tac-toe possibility when he chooses to dish it to Suzuki.

On that line, Dach doesn't have the responsibility of taking the F/Os (a dismal flaw in his game with his % been in the 30s, if not low 30s), but he can support Suzuki in his defensive missions as a C in our zone once he sees that Suzuki has an opportunity to run with the puck.

Putting Dach back at C presumes chemistry with two (not one) winger and overlooks the huge learning curve that will need to be surmounted in the dot taking F/Os before Dach can merit commensurate TOI for a top-6 forward.

I'm entirely comfortable with keeping Dach at RW on the Suzuki line and trying to find another legitimate top-6 C, t=rather than trying to force Dach back into that role.

A double threat C on a second line will always be a better option than Dach, IMO. Historically, pass-first, bordering on pass-only Cs plateau.

Montreal has found a niche for Dach to excel and earn tons of cash past this 4-year contract (what a smart move to sign him for that long at so little money).

We should be happy with that.

Reactions: Yarice

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
In before the lock.

Dach is in no way shape or form a trade chip.

He’s a cost controlled asset for the next 4 years producing .85ppg at 21 years old.

:facepalm:
After 20 games of producing at .85 PPG as mostly a RW with Suzuki and Caufield, sure, now he is. Before that, nobody thought he was remotely worth much and suggestions we could land anything for him would be laughed at.

Not sure Dach is worth as much if he returns to C, for example. He might have been a b=natural C in Juniors, but his lack of a power game down the middle at the NHL level takes away much of the advantage he might have had against younger, smaller players as a pivot.

It's too early to trade Dach, IMO. If Montreal were one piece away from contending, it might be the type of Iginla for Nieuwendyk move needed to get there.

Keep Dach, I say, but look to add another young but established top-6 C via the UFA market, whether it be Horvat this offseason, or Dubois the next offseason.

IMO, a C-line of Suzuki - Horvat - Beck would be a great playoff top-9 pivot trio, all three Cs able to shut down opponents and tally up points on the scoreboard at the same time.

Suzuki - Dubois - Beck would also be a strong C-line, with a little less shutdown boxy on the Dubois line.

It's also a good mix of value for the eventual cost, avoiding 12M players and enabling HuGo to pay out better wingers to play alongside such a strong C-line that would be built for the playoffs.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I’m guessing that the plan is to play Slafkovsky with either the Suzuki / Caufield pairing or to play him with his good friend from back home in Mesar. You could put Dach between those two.

Beck is a center so I can’t see him and Dach playing together. But if Beck pans out a Suzuki / Dach / Beck down the middle sounds really good.
Again, I don't want to be a contrarian, but I don't think Dach has the skating ability to be a top 2 center. He doesn't have the speed be able to push the play on a consistent basis. I think that limitation is why Chicago soured on him. That doesn't mean he can't be an important part of this team going forward. But it won't be as a center.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Again, I don't want to be a contrarian, but I don't think Dach has the skating ability to be a top 2 center. He doesn't have the speed be able to push the play on a consistent basis. I think that limitation is why Chicago soured on him. That doesn't mean he can't be an important part of this team going forward. But it won't be as a center.
You don't have to be an amazing skater to be a good center in this league!

I'd say it's actually more important for wingers.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
If he breaks out is he used as a trade chip?

If so, What is his Value in 2 years?

top-10? top-5?

A few good prospects and a 1st?
If he breaks out and becomes a valuable player why in the world would you trade a player like that for picks or prospects that might never work out. Makes no sense.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
This thread only going to remind me of the incredible deal Dach's contract is and how important he is to the future of this club. I have him in the "untouchable" category as an integral part of this clubs future. He's 21 and on pace for 70 points and making $3.3M for the next 4 years! You don't even mention the workd trade in the same sentence as Dach right now.

His only value is to the team right now.

Reactions: SlafySZN

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
After 20 games of producing at .85 PPG as mostly a RW with Suzuki and Caufield, sure, now he is. Before that, nobody thought he was remotely worth much and suggestions we could land anything for him would be laughed at.

Not sure Dach is worth as much if he returns to C, for example. He might have been a b=natural C in Juniors, but his lack of a power game down the middle at the NHL level takes away much of the advantage he might have had against younger, smaller players as a pivot.

It's too early to trade Dach, IMO. If Montreal were one piece away from contending, it might be the type of Iginla for Nieuwendyk move needed to get there.

Keep Dach, I say, but look to add another young but established top-6 C via the UFA market, whether it be Horvat this offseason, or Dubois the next offseason.

IMO, a C-line of Suzuki - Horvat - Beck would be a great playoff top-9 pivot trio, all three Cs able to shut down opponents and tally up points on the scoreboard at the same time.

Suzuki - Dubois - Beck would also be a strong C-line, with a little less shutdown boxy on the Dubois line.

It's also a good mix of value for the eventual cost, avoiding 12M players and enabling HuGo to pay out better wingers to play alongside such a strong C-line that would be built for the playoffs.

We also can’t too far ahead of ourselves.

Right now Dach is a high end complimentary piece to one of the best dynamic duos in the league, and as a result it’s been one of the best first lines in hockey which is an amazing feat and something we haven’t seen in Montreal in a long time.

Dach not being a Center obviously does reduce his value, but I’m not sure that even matters. We have the luxury of time to find that #2 Center before we genuinely contend. Whether that’s a player drafted this year remains to be seen.

There’s a very strong possibility that Dubois ends up coming here and is our #2 guy. People are also still pencilling Beck in as our #3 Center, but as I said earlier: it’s very early. Beck is showing some very good things in the OHL right now and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him being a very good 2-way 2nd Center line in the future.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
You don't have to be an amazing skater to be a good center in this league!

I'd say it's actually more important for wingers.
If you can’t skate as a centre you can’t execute your defensive responsibilities. Any time you need confirmation as to the limitations of Dach’s skating ability, just watch Makar’s shedding of Dach’s attempted defensive coverage in overtime last year.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
what a great trade , Dach is one of the best players on the team. Man can he skate.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
he looks fast to me.:huh:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Young, affordable, high end skills, on the upswing, 6'4" and can play wing or center.

And the question you're asking is not how to get more of these players, but to trade the one that's on the team. Interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad