Value contracts not signed

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Starting a thread to post players not yet signed and could be a good value contract.

Christian Djoos • #44 • D
Ht/Wt : 6'0", 180 lbs.
Born : Aug 6, 1994 (26 yrs) in Gothenburg, SWE
Experience : 4 years
Drafted : Drafted by Washington in 2012 (7/195).
Shoots : L

Christian Djoos Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | | The Sports Forecaster

SCOUTING REPORT
Has solid puck-moving qualities from the back end. Is also fairly productive offensively and can be an asset with the man advantage. Is very smooth and quite mobile. Lacks optimum size for the blueline position at the National Hockey League level, so he needs to add significant bulk and strength in order to maximize output.
Long Range Potential : Solid puck-moving defenseman with some upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He made $1 mil last year, not QO by Detroit. 26 years old. Might be a bottom 2 for us. We have Sandin so it might be a bit of we have no spot for him. In 2019-20 he played 21;02 ATOI for Anaheim (9 games).

-----

Ryan Donato • #16 • LW
Ht/Wt : 6'0", 192 lbs.
Born : Apr 9, 1996 (25 yrs) in Boston, MA
Experience : 4 years
Drafted : Drafted by Boston in 2014 (2/56).

Ryan Donato Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | | The Sports Forecaster

SCOUTING REPORT
Has good bloodlines as the son of former NHLer Ted Donato. Oozes creativity and hockey sense, and is capable of generating a ton of offense. Excels going one on one with defenders, due to great hands. Does not have elite skating ability, and is missing that extra gear. Also lacks ideal size for the National Hockey League game. Must prove capable of putting good numbers up versus elite competition.
Long Range Potential : Talented, versatile forward with upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Made $1.9 mil last year, plays center and LW, might take a haircut as he is now in the 2nd wave of UFA signings. Probably looking at a career 3rd or 4th liner but has the skills and potential to be a 2nd liner.

----------

Dominik Kahun • #21 • LW
Ht/Wt : 5'11", 175 lbs.
Born : Jul 2, 1995 (26 yrs) in Plana, CZE
Experience : 3 years
Drafted : Signed by Chicago in 2018.

Dominik Kahun Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | | The Sports Forecaster

SCOUTING REPORT
Has a fair amount of skill and playmaking ability for the highest level. Can play all three forward positions, which also adds to his overall value to a team. Is fairly responsible, too. Lacks size and strength, so he needs to prove himself in North American professional ice surfaces (which are narrower than those in Europe). Needs to shoot the puck more.
Long Range Potential : Skilled, versatile forward with some upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This guy is an interesting player, can play all 3 forward positions, scored 9 goals with less than 13min ATOI, he has some potential and made $975k last year, could get him for league min?

Reactions: geo25

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nice list. Every organization has a player who due to cap, depth or bad luck, just never get a chance. Carter Verhaeghe was one of ours. People are poking fun at bargain bin, value village, bottom of the barrel signings, but they’re out there.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
(Zach Parise)—got bought out? He can still play. Maybe he is just going to hang them up or i think he would be signed already. He is living home in Minny so likely comfortable. He’s still good.

Mark Jankowski still not signed also.

Chara still hasn’t made a decision on retirement.

That’s my three quick ones.

Last edited:

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Zach Parise got bought out? He can still play. Maybe he is just going to hang them up or i think he would be signed already. He is living home in Minny so likely comfortable. He’s still good.

Rumor is NYI have a deal lined up for him, just waiting on some RFA’s to sign to make it official.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Rumor is NYI have a deal lined up for him, just waiting on some RFA’s to sign to make it official.
Oh alright thanks. I added a couple more. Mark Jamkowski is the best fit but Chara can still play

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Nice list. Every organization has a player who due to cap, depth or bad luck, just never get a chance. Carter Verhaeghe was one of ours. People are poking fun at bargain bin, value village, bottom of the barrel signings, but they’re out there.
Verhaeghe was a project when he was drafted and got traded early... wasnt for another 5-6 years before he got a chance in the NHL. He was more of a loss to Tampa than us.

But he ended up being a great pickup. Hoping Ho-Sang can be that guy for us....but I'm doubtful.

Reactions: Erndog

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
not much left ...

for forwards the only player that i would get is alex chiasson
for defense jamie benn is still out there but probably outside our price range

if e were serious about trading reilly for a forward we could getting a ryan murray and have a left side of muzzin, murray, sandin which would be pretty good.

Reactions: geo25

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Oh alright thanks. I added a couple more. Mark Jamkowski is the best fit but Chara can still play
Jankowski is a local kid linked here before.
There’s already too many forwards around, but if musical chairs isn’t kind to him, he might be a great Marlie and callup.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
(Zach Parise)—got bought out? He can still play. Maybe he is just going to hang them up or i think he would be signed already. He is living home in Minny so likely comfortable. He’s still good.

Mark Jankowski still not signed also.

Chara still hasn’t made a decision on retirement.

That’s my three quick ones.

I'd rather not Jankowski, he's worse than Jimmy Vesey. Pens fans hated him, they said he was their worst forward. But Chara wouldn't be a bad add for the bottom pair.

Here are some extras I would look at.

- Tyler Bozak scored at a 45 point pace this past season. Was a good penalty killer in st Louis. He may be willing to come back on a cheap deal.
-Jason Demers, after a mediocre season, he will be a cheap target. Could be a decent 6d, stay at home type of guys here.
-Artem Anisimov, kinda like Bozak he could push Kampf to 4c. A big dude, can still score points.
-Evgeny Svechnikov. Showed some promise this year. A young player with some potential, would be willing to give him a shot. Dal Colle is a similar story.
- Also ditto the Donato idea

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd rather not Jankowski, he's worse than Jimmy Vesey. Pens fans hated him, they said he was their worst forward. But Chara wouldn't be a bad add for the bottom pair.

- Tyler Bozak scored at a 45 point pace this past season. Was a good penalty killer in st Louis. He may be willing to come back on a cheap deal.
-Jason Demers, after a mediocre season, he will be a cheap target. Could be a decent 6d, stay at home type of guys here.
-Artem Anisimov, kinda like Bozak he could push Kampf to 4c. A big dude, can still score points.
-Evgeny Svechnikov. Showed some promise this year. A young player with some potential, would be willing to give him a shot. Dal Colle is a similar story.

Heh bozak would actually be a fit...if he's cheap.

Reactions: The Apologist

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Heh bozak would actually be a fit...if he's cheap.

He'd be great fit at 3c/4c. I'd like to upgrade there so we can play spezza at the wing.

Ritchie - Matthews - Marner | 20 mins a game
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander | 18 minutes a game
Kerfoot - Bozak - Spezza | 11 mins
Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase | 11 mins
Extra - Simmonds to alternate with spezza and bunting.

This would allow us to have an offensive bottom 6 line and a more defensive line.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He'd be great fit at 3c/4c. I'd like to upgrade there so we can play spezza at the wing.

Ritchie - Matthews - Marner | 20 mins a game
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander | 18 minutes a game
Kerfoot - Bozak - Spezza | 11 mins
Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase | 11 mins
Extra - Simmonds to alternate with spezza and bunting.

This would allow us to have an offensive bottom 6 line and a more defensive line.

for some reason i think he was actually moved to the wing the last year or two but im not 100%.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
for some reason i think he was actually moved to the wing the last year or two but im not 100%.

regardless you can still play Spezza at center or kerfoot at center on that line. 3 center options that can play the wing.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
regardless you can still play Spezza at center or kerfoot at center on that line. 3 center options that can play the wing.

only thing i'm concerned with here is footspeed.

I think we got a bit too slow up front last year with all of Thornton Galchenyuk Simmonds, and like that we've added more guys who can skate this year in Bunting Kase Kampf. Ritchie is slow but not Thornton slow at least.

Bozak was slow even at his peak, i can only imagine he's even slower now.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
only thing i'm concerned with here is footspeed.

I think we got a bit too slow up front last year with all of Thornton Galchenyuk Simmonds, and like that we've added more guys who can skate this year in Bunting Kase Kampf. Ritchie is slow but not Thornton slow at least.

Bozak was slow even at his peak, i can only imagine he's even slower now.
IIRC Tyler Bozak was actually (and still is based on last season) a pretty explosive skater.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kahun isn't bad since he's played well with Kampf.

I like Ryan Donato. I think more was expected out of him by now. Scrappy player with unrealized offensive upside.

I'd like to circle back on Bozak as well but not sure what his appetite would be for coming back here.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Not really interested in anyone in this thread except for maybe Bozak who will be too expensive unless we can move someone or he signs for league min

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

agreed jankowski is total garbage, hes a shitter version of engvall. ill pass on chara , hes to slow and will take a billion hooking penalties this year.

looking at center depth i would go in the following order
bozak ..... anisimov ..... johansson

on D the only guy i would get is benn , he would be an amazing pickup but we would probably need to trade away someone to fit that salary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad