GDT: Valimaki-mackey? | Flames (7-5-1) @ Canucks (6-11-0) @ 8PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Vancouver played the trap and we couldn't beat it. The Flames always have trouble with trapping teams. It takes skating and speed to do that.

Markstrom was great last night. So too was Mangiapane. Everyone else's give-o-shite meter was stuck at zero.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’m so happy I barely have time watch these sad sacks of shit for the next week. Coach is a loser, players are losers, the captain mark nowheredano is a loser, and the GM Brad pizza deliver boy is a LoSeR. Honestly blame can go everywhere rn besides Marky. Goddamn.

Reactions: Darkwinter and DFF

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
First, you were playing a team that literally had their season hanging by a thread. Then (how lucky for the Flames!) you had their owner come out and make a statement that their coach/GM/chief waterboy wasn't going to be fired.

We all knew that whatever the Canucks are, you were getting every ounce of them, and we did.

What we also did, was keep it a tied game through 40 minutes despite being outshot by a hundred.

We are good at bending, not breaking and most nights (yes, thanks to Jacob Markstrom) we sure make the other team pull out teeth to score a few (normally 2 or less) goals.

So, the issue is, we need to generate more offense and score more goals. I still think a new coach (system) would be best for this in the short-term. I just don't think there is 1-2 players out there on the trade market that could come in to rectify that issue without us giving up other areas of needed strength

Reactions: NinjaTurtle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad