Post-Game Talk: Vaiting for Evander

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ugh.

Awesome win. Tons of excitement for me. McAwesome tonight. Kosko makes saving easy. Bouchard looking ahead of where even I was hoping he would be. 9 goals half way through the season, crazy.

But...

The amount of errors being made by the Oilers seems way too high. Keith, Kassian, Yama, Pulj, Bouch all at times seemed lost and unsure where they were supposed to be tonight, poor gap control, or just made low percent plays with the puck.

With the way this team is playing our only hope will be to just out score our opponents by getting 4+ goals a game... Like we have for chunks of the season. Kane should fit in well with that strategy.
Didn’t we just win 2 games scoring 3 goals?

Reactions: oilers'72

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Ngl we looked pretty good against a 2nd place team today.

If Kosk can play like this during the playoffs I’m all for it. But I still think Kenny needs to add one goalie for insurance, one 4/5 d man and two harder to play against bottom six forwards to replace Ryan, Benson, Perilini, Turris bunch

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Don’t care what people say Koskinen played a hell of a game. Nashville had crazy number of great chances.

that shootout goal by McDavid can only be pulled off by one player. Just crazy fast hands.

He's the best player in the World--period.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Ngl we looked pretty good against a 2nd place team today.

If Kosk can play like this during the playoffs I’m all for it. But I still think Kenny needs to add one goalie for insurance, one 4/5 d man and two harder to play against bottom six forwards to replace Ryan, Benson, Perilini, Turris bunch

If Koskiwin is back, the I'm all for the bolded. Smith on LTIR, cap out (not sure who) and bring someone decent in for a 3-headed monster with Smith back for the playoffs.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Didn’t we just win 2 games scoring 3 goals?

To each their own but I just don't see this team being able to win enough only scoring 2/3 goals a game. On the plus side they have a team able to put up more than 2/3 goals per game.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
@Drivesaitl I hope that's all it is because I think these last few winning games they have made more obvious mistakes than when they were losing.

@AddyTheWrath I agree Yam Pulj are typically solid two way players but Pulj had a sequence tonight where his controller got disconnected in the D zone and Yama skated to no where good multiple times this game as well and was fortunate the puck never made it way to where he was supposed to be.

Stuff like that happens every game to every team but for the Oilers in these last few wins despite winning possession and shots/scoring chances the attention to detail in the D zone was atrocious and "could" have easily lead to a loss despite carrying the play most the night.

Getting nit picky... even more nit picky that is, but the deferring/passing while in the slot happening in these last couple games has been very frustrating/concerning as well.

@Stoneman89 Keith was our worst defenseman tonight. Had some absolutely brutal moments one that cost the team a goal. They Preds got in behind him multiple times.
You're right. Attention to detail in the D zone is atrocious. We're not going to get out of the first round if we don't clean that up. While not perfect, they're doing some good things in the o-zone. At this point, I'm just happy they've stopped their free fall.
That slump was a long, nasty one and while a 3 game winning streak doesn't erase that, it seems to have restored their confidence somewhat. For the immediate now, I'll take however they can win one.

Reactions: Aerchon

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Team is still pretty sloppy.... I can blame it on the amount of time they've had off for about 1 more game and then the systems failures fall back to the feet of Tip

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
When Nurse makes $9.25m how do we re-sign Bouchard?

One more year at $863K after this. Then, unaffordable unless the cap skyrockets

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Dear Oiler fans that are still up,

Do you guys like listening to the interviews with Coach Tippett?
He kinda annoys me, it's like he always has a slightly negative spin on everything.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This wasn't noted but for the first time in probably 20 games, its been incredibly long, the Oilers got a fortuitous goal. A two deflection goal with eyes. We've had games where opponents have had multiple of those goals against us in one game. Hockey gods are cruel. We just weren't getting any bounces. Now they're starting to come. We're working for the bounces too with how many pucks we're getting at net.
Shoot the puck at the net if you want to score goals like that. It’s really that simple. This team refuses to do that for whatever reason. Always looking for the perfect play instead and end up eventually turning it over. IMO, that’s been the difference in the last three games. They’re finally showing some desperation and firing the puck at the net every chance they get.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Foegele-RNH-Kass is the answer. That line will do good things just watch and you can put them out like that when the top six is now some mix Hyman/McD/Pulju/Kane/Drai/Yamo.
Nuge is a passer he needs a shooter on his line not stone hands Drai needs a passer more than a shooter on his

Reactions: Duke74 and ujju2

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Screenshot_20220127-230702~2.png

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Happy with the win, but still way too flimsy defensively. Keith and Ceci seemed to be on the wrong side of things quite often tonight. Koskinen looked great, but still left some juicy rebounds there.

Drai and McDavid look back in form, so no surprise the wins are coming, but they still seem to be winning despite their flaws, just as they were earlier this year.

I'm still interested in a goalie upgrade, but only if it's a clear upgrade, and not just trying out a different B level goalie. I think a top 4 defenseman is a bigger need right now.

Reactions: nally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad