Post-Game Talk: Vaiting for Evander

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'll cut him some slack because he was thrust into a role he was never meant to have and if we had any semblance of competent management the last few years he either wouldn't be here, would be on a much more reasonable contract, or would be backing up someone better (who isn't a band-aid).
I guess, I mean he could have a little bit of mental fortitude, but whatever you aren't wrong.

Either way, the team should look to move him as soon as possible.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I guess, I mean he could have a little bit of mental fortitude, but whatever you aren't wrong.

Either way, the team should look to move him as soon as possible.
I feel bad for him because he's the easy target for angry Oiler fans (and sometimes rightfully so) since management keeps themselves at a safe distance and are more than happy to throw him under the bus whenever the heat gets too much for them.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
A couple of leftovers from the GDT.

Need D and G badly

Dolce and Gabbana? OhhhhKayyy. To each his own I guess. :D

dolcegabbana_lady-kitty-spencer_wedding_party-2.jpg

dolcegabbana_lady-kitty-spencer_wedding_party-1.jpg

screenshot-2021-07-26-at-115708.jpg

Every dress Lady Kitty Spencer wore during her Italian wedding extravaganza

Man I’m jealous of their goalie.

Wish we had Saros

Could've had Saros (or Jarry) if MacT wasn't looking at Zach Fucale through sepia-tone eyes back in 2013.

2013 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Watching the presser.

Jim Matheson asked the most disruptive, stupid questions. He looks to make drama.
We need a players appreciation thread for putting up with the clown media we have I would give an exemption to Gregor and that Nugent guy they ask game impact questions the 3 above you listed try and make it about them it's sad

Reactions: oilers'72

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
With Kane coming in, I think we should be able to balance out the top 9 pretty well. I'd like to see the coaching staff try and balance out the top 9 with like 18 mins a game with some plus for PP time. Fourth line getting like 6-8 mins a game.
Fourth line min 8 minutes, and a bunch of pk time.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Why not ask that? There are about three threads on this board asking the same question
Did you watch the beginning of the presser when Holland spoke? He addressed what he went through to get to the point of hiring Kane.

Matheson's implication was how did you possibly get the point to offer a contract to such a bad person, and he did it in front of that person. He was looking for drama, nothing more, nothing less.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Did you watch the beginning of the presser when Holland spoke? He addressed what he went through to get to the point of hiring Kane.

Matheson's implication was how did you possibly get the point to offer a contract to such a bad person, and he did it in front of that person. He was looking for drama, nothing more, nothing less.
You might have a slightly negative bias to anything that comes out of his mouth. Does restocking the rage feel that good, is that why you watch it? This is a guy with a one year old daughter. For me if I’m asked that question it’s a simple answer. People in formative stages in a families life need some support. And I don’t mind giving it while I can.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
You might have a slightly negative bias to anything that comes out of his mouth. Does restocking the rage feel that good, is that why you watch it? This is a guy with a one year old daughter. For me if I’m asked that question it’s a simple answer. People in formative stages in a families life need some support. And I don’t mind giving it while I can.
Restocking the rage? haha

I watched it to see what the presser was all about, you should have watched it as well. Yeah he has a one year old daughter...ok and? A one year old daughter that he has full custody of, which doesn't say much for his ex wife. What does that have to do with Matheson asking Holland how much of his soul did he search before hiring him?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Restocking the rage? haha

I watched it to see what the presser was all about, you should have watched it as well. Yeah he has a one year old daughter...ok and? A one year old daughter that he has full custody of, which doesn't say much for his ex wife. What does that have to do with Matheson asking Holland how much of his soul did he search before hiring him?
I could care less about the journalist, however he may be the type that doesn’t believe not talking about something means it will go away. And yes, the thirty year old and his family are front and centre. Hopefully they can use this additional opportunity for all their benefits.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I wish just one time Holland would give it back to these pieces of shit.

After his "soul searching comment" Holland should have replied "Jim I have no idea on earth what you mean by soul searching but I did my due diligence and several of Evanders former coaches vouched for him... I guess you know everything like Leon said"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad