Prospect Info: Vaclav Karabacek (2014, 49th) – '18-19: Clears unconditional waivers, ELC mutually terminated

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He was injured before the season and has never played a pro game before. He's now played 5.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I always wondered if Karabacek's heavy, north-south game would translate to the pro game. It seems like certain players don't light it up in juniors, but can still produce in the pros. I hope he's one of those.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
First AHL game, first AHL point. An assist.

Was a nice play just inside the blue line on the rush as well.

I liked him in camp/preseason after he was drafted. Would be nice if he could get back on track.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hopefully that is a lesson to guys that get in their own heads if they don't make a team or don't get a call up.

Control what you can control.

Exactly. Sometimes adversity can bring out the best in a player, mature them quicker, make them a better pro.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

The Elmira Jackals, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and the AHL's Rochester Americans, proudly celebrating our 10th season in the ECHL, announced today that forward Vaclav Karabacek has been named an Alternate for the 2017 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic presented by I LOVE NY.

Karabacek, 20, is currently on recall with the AHL's Rochester Americans after he played just nine games with the Jackals from late November through the middle of December. In those nine games, the Praha, Czech Republic native had 11 points (5 goals, 6 assists), leading the Jackals to a 4-3-2-0 record.

The rookie was named the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for November 28-December 4 after producing six points in three games. Karabacek is the lone Jackals player named to the 2017 ECHL All-Star Classic. The full All-Star Classic roster can be found on ECHL.com.

http://www.jackalshockey.com/news-1/karabacek-named-an-echl-all-star-alternate

LaxSabre - Vaclav could be sent down to play in the games or at least take part in the skills competitions as the event is taking place on Wednesday, January 18. (The Amerks don't have a game mid-week like they did last week. Amerks have a game on Saturday, January 14 at Toronto with their next game being at Providence on Friday, January 20.) If he doesn't participate on the ice, at least allow him to attend. Congrats Vaclav on the honor!

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So this gem has been on IR since 11/23. Anyone have any details?

Still regret that they signed this guy, let alone drafted him.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Drafting him and Cornel in the second when there was some great defensive prospects was just a disaster. What was Murray thinking. When we drafted them I thought crazy why are we not drafting defence

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Drafting him and Cornel in the second when there was some great defensive prospects was just a disaster. What was Murray thinking. When we drafted them I thought crazy why are we not drafting defence
Murray's worst draft. Touted as a phenomenal scout and this is what he produced in the first 3 rounds with all the picks from Regier. Karabacek even got a preaseason game after his draft and then he missed curfew and got cut from the WJC team and its been downhill. (1 point in 7 games in the ECHL before the injury)

2nd Sam Reinhart (on pace for 24 points this year, albeit after putting up 42, 47 points as a 2nd overall who isn't great at really anything other then hockey sense although with his potential can be a solid winger on a 2nd or 3rd line who can put up 25-30 goals Andreychuk light with the right skilled players but he won't be a line driver)
Available: Draisaitl, W. Nylander, Pastrnak, Ehlers

31st Brendan Lemieux
Available: Barbashev, Demko, McKeown, Point, Dvorak, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Montour, Heinen, Arvidsson

44th Eric Cornel (22 points in 110 AHL games)
Available: McKeown, Point, Dvorak, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Montour, Heinen, Arvidsson, De Leo

49th Vaclav Karabacek (ECHL)
Available: McKeown, Point, Dvorak, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Montour, Heinen, Arvidsson, DeLeo

61st Jonas Johansson (ECHL)
Available: Point, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Heinen, Arvidsson, DeLeo, Blais, Wallmark, Bjork, Valiev, Tryamkin

74th Brycen Martin (ECHL, 0 points in 21 AHL games)
Available: Point, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Heinen, Arvidsson, DeLeo, Blais, Wallmark, Bjork, Nogier

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Murray's worst draft. Touted as a phenomenal scout and this is what he produced in the first 3 rounds with all the picks from Regier. Karabacek even got a preaseason game after his draft and then he missed curfew and got cut from the WJC team and its been downhill. (1 point in 7 games in the ECHL before the injury)

2nd Sam Reinhart (on pace for 24 points this year, albeit after putting up 42, 47 points as a 2nd overall who isn't great at really anything other then hockey sense although with his potential can be a solid winger on a 2nd or 3rd line who can put up 25-30 goals Andreychuk light with the right skilled players but he won't be a line driver)
Available: Draisaitl, W. Nylander, Pastrnak, Ehlers

31st Brendan Lemieux
Available: Barbashev, Demko, McKeown, Point, Dvorak, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Montour, Heinen, Arvidsson

44th Eric Cornel (22 points in 110 AHL games)
Available: McKeown, Point, Dvorak, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Montour, Heinen, Arvidsson, De Leo

49th Vaclav Karabacek (ECHL)
Available: McKeown, Point, Dvorak, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Montour, Heinen, Arvidsson, DeLeo

61st Jonas Johansson (ECHL)
Available: Point, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Heinen, Arvidsson, DeLeo, Blais, Wallmark, Bjork, Valiev, Tryamkin

74th Brycen Martin (ECHL, 0 points in 21 AHL games)
Available: Point, Labanc, Kase, Forsling, Heinen, Arvidsson, DeLeo, Blais, Wallmark, Bjork, Nogier
You can't just cherry pick the good names 3.5 years later lol. There are plenty of names that were bad picks for other teams as well.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
You can't just cherry pick the good names 3.5 years later lol. There are plenty of names that were bad picks for other teams as well.
If you followed the draft you wouldn't be saying this. First our defence was hurting so the natural pick was defence. When Karabacek and Cornel were picked they were both reaches and Cornel was predicted 3rd round or later. Take a look back at the draft thread, myself and others were calling for McKeown, Dougherty and Montour to be drafted.

I don't have a problem with a bust in the second round. I have a problem when team need is defence and there is very good defensive prospects on the board and Murray is reaching. It just didn't make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad