News and Blog Report: Vaccination or Negative Test Required for Oilers Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It’s an applied totalitarian measure. Applying such when it will have no affect is only legitimizing it.

AB1ECC66-EEFF-4795-99FA-C27F01738990.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I am not sure. I’ve had to get 4 tests. 2 were the q tip into the brain one. 1 because I was exposed (it was negative) and 1 because I had to fly to California. One was nasal cavity (in Phoenix so I could return to Canada). One was throat swab (Calgary Airport coming in from the USA).

The one you’d need to get into an Oiler game I imagine will be the throat swab or the qtip brain injury one.

Interesting about the throat swab, I don't believe that I've heard of that one.

Well if it is that intrusive that would be an additional turn off for non vaccinated individuals to go to games.

I totally agree. But with vaccine rates in the mid 30 and 40 percentiles down south the variant for a change to infect at a rapid rate and now it’s a problem all over.

Being really honest, the biggest problem is travel. Has been from day f***ing one. Had China shut shit down, had the US and Canada done the same, etc. things could've been much different. Now variants are spreading swiftly because travel is going full bore. Too many selfish people traveling, not quarantining properly, etc. Here we are overflowing with tourists and tons of locals are still traveling leisurely like it's no big deal, going to places like Vegas for instance. As far as I'm concerned we need to get the rest of the world vaccinated if people in the US and Canada stop getting their shots.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed, social distancing and masks in the classrooms seems like the proactive approach. Covid isn't done with us yet.

Here they are not social distancing in Intermediate or High Schools which is ridiculous IMO. We keep getting calls at ;east once or twice a week about kids in the school testing positive. It's just a matter of time before my kids will be a close contact of someone that tests positive. Some of the kids are being sent to school sick by their parents. It's a complete cluster.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I guess J&J's booster provided a 9 fold increase in antibodies. Some good news, now we just need to see what the real world efficacy is for Delta.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hey I know I’ve been off the rails with anger and acrimony in this thread and won’t shy away from that. In fact I own it outright. No worries there.

Compassion fatigue has set in. I can’t debate stupid anymore. Willful ignorance is not a human right. Goalposts being moved doesn’t prove a point. Being good at Google doesnt equate to a PhD in molecular genetics or biomedical science. Asking the same question a bazillion times and still pretending to not understand why a vaccine is required is simply a strategy to wear down and obfuscate the truth. Not getting a vaccine “because you have freedom of choice” therefore because I don’t have to I won’t is not a rational reason for not being responsible.

So yeah - I’m tired of their bullshit. All of it. All of them.

Being told you can’t go to a hockey game in a private building with a test or shot is not a violation of their rights.

So yeah - I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!!! :ha::ha::ha: :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I was thinking of that movie, what was it, network, when talking earlier today with yourself and reading others. heh

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I don’t think the oilers organization has thought through the,” vaccinated or test negative” concept. Seems to me it could be evidence of the infection rate at games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad