News and Blog Report: Vaccination or Negative Test Required for Oilers Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hey all I’m saying is we went from 2 weeks to flatten the curve to show me your papers in just a little over a year. How much further are we going to be next year?:help:

Extraordinary circumstances (like a once in a 100 year pandemic) call for extraordinary measures. Again, if you don't want to share your vaccine status there are alternatives. You can stay home, or hell, you can go get yourself a negative COVID test.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Extraordinary circumstances (like a once in a 100 year pandemic) call for extraordinary measures. Again, if you don't want to share your vaccine status there are alternatives. You can stay home, or hell, you can go get yourself a negative COVID test.
So have 20000 people sharing air when they can all transmit and be infected even though they are vaccinated? Does that make sense? You know, in a once in 100 year pandemic.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hey I know I’ve been off the rails with anger and acrimony in this thread and won’t shy away from that. In fact I own it outright. No worries there.

Compassion fatigue has set in. I can’t debate stupid anymore. Willful ignorance is not a human right. Goalposts being moved doesn’t prove a point. Being good at Google doesnt equate to a PhD in molecular genetics or biomedical science. Asking the same question a bazillion times and still pretending to not understand why a vaccine is required is simply a strategy to wear down and obfuscate the truth. Not getting a vaccine “because you have freedom of choice” therefore because I don’t have to I won’t is not a rational reason for not being responsible.

So yeah - I’m tired of their bullshit. All of it. All of them.

Being told you can’t go to a hockey game in a private building with a test or shot is not a violation of their rights.

So yeah - I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!!! :ha::ha::ha: :laugh::laugh::laugh:
William Holden approves. (And about 5 people here know what that means).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So have 20000 people sharing air when they can all transmit and be infected even though they are vaccinated? Does that make sense? You know, in a once in 100 year pandemic.
Haven't you been firmly against vaccines, masks, lockdowns and literally ever Covid measure under the sun the whole time?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Haven't you been firmly against vaccines, masks, lockdowns and literally ever Covid measure under the sun the whole time?
No, exactly the opposite actually. However restraint must come from the individual. Not coercive government means.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly? No it doesn't. You won't be finding me at an Oiler game this year. But in a scenario where it is allowed without any restrictions on attendance, requiring a vaccination or a negative COVID test is the least that can be asked.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Same sheep living in fear on here. Pfizer will make 35 billion off you this year lol better line up for one of many booster shots coming lol some of you should be locked up while normal rational people live their life. None of you clowns have any right to tell anyone what to do with their body. Look after your own health. Here is how brainwashed so many are. The only people at the Oilers games who for sure won't spread covid are those who test negative. But you sheep double vaxed can easily spread lol so much more to say but i sèe 95 percent on here are asleep and waiting for their next marching orders from government. The funny thing is in 2 years many of you will regret being fooled and it will be too late by then.
Is that when Trump comes back to be president? lol.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Same sheep living in fear on here. Pfizer will make 35 billion off you this year lol better line up for one of many booster shots coming lol some of you should be locked up while normal rational people live their life. None of you clowns have any right to tell anyone what to do with their body. Look after your own health. Here is how brainwashed so many are. The only people at the Oilers games who for sure won't spread covid are those who test negative. But you sheep double vaxed can easily spread lol so much more to say but i sèe 95 percent on here are asleep and waiting for their next marching orders from government. The funny thing is in 2 years many of you will regret being fooled and it will be too late by then.
I see your bad takes aren't just exclusive to McDavid.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Honestly? No it doesn't. You won't be finding me at an Oiler game this year. But in a scenario where it is allowed without any restrictions on attendance, requiring a vaccination or a negative COVID test is the least that can be asked.
It’s an applied totalitarian measure. Applying such when it will have no affect is only legitimizing it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Cmon Bryan. Any map and news story clearly shows the Deep South is is by far and away in the most trouble and has been for some time.

I have heard that Florida is in the shit right now, beyond that I don't have time to worry about every state or country for that matter. I just find it hilarious that everyone bitches about conservative states only while I live in a very liberal state and the Delta variant is skull f***ing us in spite of mask mandates inside, the government and employers trying to force their employees to be vaccinated, etc. It gets to a point that you have to tip your hat to the virus and say that it really is highly contagious and it will be making the rounds almost no matter what we do as a society.

Furthering this, do you think that it is just conservative rednecks that don't want to be vaccinated? There are many hippies (how many conservative hippies do you know?) that don't want it either. This goes beyond politics for some people, for some it is a matter of having something shoved down their throat as if they are now in the CCP, for some they would simply prefer to fight the virus naturally and build natural immunity. Some wanted to wait for CDC approval, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I read this thread and am so glad these AV idiots won’t be allowed in Oilers games.

That is unless they get a foot long qtip jabbed into their brain each time. Mind you when you have no brain there’s no issues with damaging anything.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have heard that Florida is in the shit right now, beyond that I don't have time to worry about every state or country for that matter. I just find it hilarious that everyone bitches about conservative states only while I live in a very liberal state and the Delta variant is skull f***ing us in spite of mask mandates inside, the government and employers trying to force their employees to be vaccinated, etc. It gets to a point that you have to tip your hat to the virus and say that it really is highly contagious and it will be making the rounds almost no matter what we do as a society.

Nobody has said only conservative states have issues with Covid. But the data clearly and I mean unequivocally has shown the Deep South has been the leading issue for many many weeks if not months. Now it’s spreading everywhere.

If one willfully ignores the patterns then one chooses to be willfully ignorant of the facts and they are the facts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I read this thread and am so glad these AV idiots won’t be allowed in Oilers games.

That is unless they get a foot long qtip jabbed into their brain each time. Mind you when you have no brain there’s no issues with damaging anything.

One of my family members was tested and they just did a swab inside the nose, mind you they were symptomatic and the test came back negative. Are the asymptomatic tests still the ones that they go way up the nasal cavity?

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
One of my family members was tested and they just did a swab inside the nose, mind you they were symptomatic and the test came back negative. Are the asymptomatic tests still the ones that they go way up the nasal cavity?
I think it has always depended on the symptoms you are experiencing. I do prefer the nasal swab though if the choice was mine. For asymptomatic I'm not too sure what they choose.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nobody has said only conservative states have issues with Covid. But the data clearly and I mean unequivocally has shown the Deep South has been the leading issue for many many weeks if not months. Now it’s spreading everywhere.

If one willfully ignores the patterns then one chooses to be willfully ignorant of the facts and they are the facts.

Yet when I do tune into the news that is mostly what I hear. FWIW I think that it is insane to have kids doing in person learning in full classrooms without masks. I'm just saying that this damn thing is coming because if it can hit a place like Hawai'i with lots of restrictions hard, it can hit just about anywhere hard.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I am not sure. I’ve had to get 4 tests. 2 were the q tip into the brain one. 1 because I was exposed (it was negative) and 1 because I had to fly to California. One was nasal cavity (in Phoenix so I could return to Canada). One was throat swab (Calgary Airport coming in from the USA).

The one you’d need to get into an Oiler game I imagine will be the throat swab or the qtip brain injury one.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yet when I do tune into the news that is mostly what I hear. FWIW I think that it is insane to have kids doing in person learning in full classrooms without masks. I'm just saying that this damn thing is coming because if it can hit a place like Hawai'i with lots of restrictions hard, it can hit just about anywhere hard.

I totally agree. But with vaccine rates in the mid 30 and 40 percentiles down south the variant for a change to infect at a rapid rate and now it’s a problem all over.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think it has always depended on the symptoms you are experiencing. I do prefer the nasal swab though if the choice was mine. For asymptomatic I'm not too sure what they choose.

It was very non-invasive so that was nice. I have heard from others that it is very uncomfortable for the one that they go way up the schnoz.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Agreed, social distancing and masks in the classrooms seems like the proactive approach. Covid isn't done with us yet.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad