Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 6th. worst team.

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
The latest decisions made on this roster look like a GM desperately trying to win with a weak hand. Only luck will change this direction or a new outlook.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
The latest decisions made on this roster look like a GM desperately trying to win with a weak hand. Only luck will change this direction or a new outlook.
What decisions?

The Raps have had insane injuries and are filling holes as they run out the string.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
What decisions?

The Raps have had insane injuries and are filling holes as they run out the string.
Yup, decimated, and it might work out just fine in the end.
The team is positioned so well to head north in the standings fast with a shrewd off-season.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
What decisions?

All of them, clearly I'm speaking about going forward, they're just running out the schedule currently collecting easy revenues. People need to stop giving excuses to management and start holding them to account for the obvious steady performance decline.

Reactions: KapG

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
So have the Raptors sucked enough to get a top pick, or is it not protected where they are?
Raps currently have the 6th worst record.
They traded a conditional pick last year for Poetl, which is top six protected.
Pending the lotto, if the pick is <=6, the Raps keep it. If it’s =>7, it gets conveyed to the Spurs. That protection carries over for at least one more year….maybe two more after this one/
Not sure on the exact odds, they could conceivably move up, but overall it’s pretty close to 50-50 that they get it this year.
They’ve also got Indiana’s pick this year (around 17 atm) and the Pistons 2nd, which is the top pick of the second round right now.

Reactions: ULF_55

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Raps currently have the 6th worst record.
They traded a conditional pick last year for Poetl, which is top six protected.
Pending the lotto, if the pick is <=6, the Raps keep it. If it’s =>7, it gets conveyed to the Spurs. That protection carries over for at least one more year….maybe two more after this one/
Not sure on the exact odds, they could conceivably move up, but overall it’s pretty close to 50-50 that they get it this year.
They’ve also got Indiana’s pick this year (around 17 atm) and the Pistons 2nd, which is the top pick of the second round right now.
Basically we need to stay behind Memphis (currently one win behind them) and not move down in the draft lottery

Can’t believe we couldn’t get this pick top 10 protected

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Yup, decimated, and it might work out just fine in the end.
The team is positioned so well to head north in the standings fast with a shrewd off-season.
If we keep our pick, adding a top 6 pick to Quickley, Barrett, Barnes isn't such a bad young group to build around.

Plus we'll have Indiana's first, and that early Detroit second to add talent.

Although I think best-case scenario we are a play-in team next year. If you get a top 6 pick this year and make the play-in next year, losing that pick wouldn't be so bad.

It would really hurt to trade 7th OA for Poeltl.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004

Tolzman, scouting lead, gives very political answers regarding Raps drafting strategy. Given the horrible talent depth currently, makes you really question whether they can turn things around. If I'm in MLSE, I start considering changes.

On Zach Edey potential, I'd be shocked if they considered him, not their style. I'm a big believer that NBA up is really soft today, having a physical 7'4, 300 lb centre who knows his role can cause a lot of problems. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

Tolzman, scouting lead, gives very political answers regarding Raps drafting strategy. Given the horrible talent depth currently, makes you really question whether they can turn things around. If I'm in MLSE, I start considering changes.

On Zach Edey potential, I'd be shocked if they considered him, not their style. I'm a big believer that NBA up is really soft today, having a physical 7'4, 300 lb centre who knows his role can cause a lot of problems. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

I think Edey is a great fit to have a second Jakub (if the Raps can get him in the 2nd). For the 1st, BPA all the way (Sarr at 1 would be amazing)

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Where is Edey projected to be picked?
The rankings are still bouncing all over the place.
I’ve seen him ranked anywhere from 16-30.
10 years ago, he’s prolly a lotto pick.
I’m not sure he’s a reach for the Raps at the Pacers pick, depending on what happens with their pick, but maybe I overrate the novel value of picking a Canadian kid….and maybe I’m 10 years behind the times, ha.

• Haha
Reactions: trellaine201

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Where is Edey projected to be picked?
The highest seems to be around 16, but a lot of boards have him as a 2nd rounder (due to his lack of 3 ball).

While this might limit his ability to space the court, he could still be a very effective big man.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
So Malachi Flynn just put up 50!! points for the Pistons. I know that team is a mess but did the Raps give up to early on him or was this once in solar eclipse kind of moment??

• Wow
Reactions: aingefan

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
So Malachi Flynn just put up 50!! points for the Pistons. I know that team is a mess but did the Raps give up to early on him or was this once in solar eclipse kind of moment??

He wasnt doing anything here. Good for him, think Nurse screwed his development and by the time Darko was here it was just time for a fresh start all around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad