Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 6th. worst team.

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
If I were the Raps, I would talk to Bronny's camp about him potentially being the 2nd rounder and see what they think (and make a free agent offer to Lebron)

There's a chance that Bronny goes higher than that, but most of the NBA guys aren't that high on Bronny's upside.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
If I were the Raps, I would talk to Bronny's camp about him potentially being the 2nd rounder and see what they think (and make a free agent offer to Lebron)

There's a chance that Bronny goes higher than that, but most of the NBA guys aren't that high on Bronny's upside.

Although I'd love LeBron on the Raps just because he's the biggest star in the league the last 20 years. I am not sure how open he and his son would be to Toronto. We don't have a lot of pieces to put around him to win, which still matters to him I'd assume. Would pressure the Raptors into further mortgaging the future for a year or 2 if your lucky of a 40 year old player. If he leaves LA, look at that state of that roster and they have all the resources and attraction in the league.

On paper Quickley, Barret, Barnes, LeBron, Poeltl could do some damage... but it's not likely his most appealing situation or even in the top 5 or 10.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Although I'd love LeBron on the Raps just because he's the biggest star in the league the last 20 years. I am not sure how open he and his son would be to Toronto. We don't have a lot of pieces to put around him to win, which still matters to him I'd assume. Would pressure the Raptors into further mortgaging the future for a year or 2 if your lucky of a 40 year old player. If he leaves LA, look at that state of that roster and they have all the resources and attraction in the league.

On paper Quickley, Barret, Barnes, LeBron, Poeltl could do some damage... but it's not likely his most appealing situation or even in the top 5 or 10.
My offer isn't come here and we'll acquire stars to play with you.

My offer is come here to a team that has a starting spot open for now and play for a team that will actually try to develop your son. Honestly, the Raps would be a power in the East with that one move, but this would be about having him around the other guys more than about bringing a star and thinking that one player magically makes the team the team to beat.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
My offer isn't come here and we'll acquire stars to play with you.

My offer is come here to a team that has a starting spot open for now and play for a team that will actually try to develop your son. Honestly, the Raps would be a power in the East with that one move, but this would be about having him around the other guys more than about bringing a star and thinking that one player magically makes the team the team to beat.

San Antonio would be my guess if he left. Just a suspicion.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Wiz win last night over the boys put the Pistons back in last overall, making their pick the first in the second round for the Raps.

Raptors sitting in 6th last, so a chance they keep their pick.

Next up, Pacers fall to 8th?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
10 straight losses. Ah well, the season went off the rails pretty quickly. Too many injuries on a club that is already rebuilding, can we stop the season now? Please? I hate getting humiliated like this.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Weird how Porter and Quick are out for personal reasons but nobody knows what those reasons are. I guess we're not owed an explanation, but it looks strange. Are they quitting on the team and laying on a beach somewhere? Haha

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Weird how Porter and Quick are out for personal reasons but nobody knows what those reasons are. I guess we're not owed an explanation, but it looks strange. Are they quitting on the team and laying on a beach somewhere?

Reactions: Suntouchable13

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This is the exact slippery slope I pretty much knew would happen in a matter of time with the barrage of gambling ads there are for sporting events, including those in game. This had me questioning the impact on the integrity of the game it would have, and lo and behold, and here we are. Not surprising in the least.

The leagues set themselves up for it, and in the end they may have screwed themselves over in doing so. I just think this is only the beginning...

kb

Aug 28, 2009
This is the exact slippery slope I pretty much knew would happen in a matter of time with the barrage of gambling ads there are for sporting events, including those in game. This had me questioning the impact on the integrity of the game it would have, and lo and behold, and here we are. Not surprising in the least.

The leagues set themselves up for it, and in the end they may have screwed themselves over in doing so. I just think this is only the beginning...
More like the curtain is finally being pulled back...

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I bet there are higher profile players who are involved in stuff like this but it's easier to make an example out of someone like Jontay

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Bet.jpg

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I bet there are higher profile players who are involved in stuff like this but it's easier to make an example out of someone like Jontay

Average NBA salary is 12 million. These guys don't bet against themselves and fake injuries on 1 or 2k bets. Seems like he is betting himself into a Euro Ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00