Raptors Discussion: v96| Playoff Round 1 vs Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Disappointing end to the season, would have been nice to be a bit more competitive but gotta hand it to the coaching staff and team given how shorthanded they were.

The team had so many roster holes - no real center or even a 7 footer, 1 NBA level point guard all year, no real bench outside of 2 maybe 3 guys if you include Thad Young. Credit to the team for being being here.

It was definitely a development year for the team, they just happened perform way above expectations which is becoming normal for the Raptors.
i dont even mind not having a center, this lineup worked out really well for the most part, our problem is we dont really have any shooters. we need some changes to the offense i think, given the fact we have a bunch of guys around 20ppg and no real "go to" player on offense we should be close to the top of the league in assists, we play hero ball way too much for a team with no real heroes(besides pascal at times) if we passed the ball more and got guys more open looks in rhythm i think we wouldnt have so many droughts on offense.

great season overall, need to tweak some stuff..but i aint mad!
time to put scottie and precious to work in the offseason..they are the key to our future imo.

edit: i would love to go out and grab mo bamba in the offseason too, i think we could develop him into a monster.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
i dont even mind not having a center, this lineup worked out really well for the most part, our problem is we dont really have any shooters. we need some changes to the offense i think, given the fact we have a bunch of guys around 20ppg and no real "go to" player on offense we should be close to the top of the league in assists, we play hero ball way too much for a team with no real heroes(besides pascal at times) if we passed the ball more and got guys more open looks in rhythm i think we wouldnt have so many droughts on offense.

great season overall, need to tweak some stuff..but i aint mad!
time to put scottie and precious to work in the offseason..they are the key to our future imo.

edit: i would love to go out and grab mo bamba in the offseason too, i think we could develop him into a monster.

Masai and Bobby will plug in the holes. This team will be back here next year and the one moving on. Oh and Embiid is a prick.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'd refuse to shake Embiid's hand, or would grab his left hand and squeeze as hard as I can. Guy is just a complete asshole.
Guy's both a prick and a flopper. What a combination.

Do him and Harden and Maxie have to run to the refs EVERY time anyone comes near them?

Also, although the Raps were definitely let down by their shooting in this game, I think it's kind of ridiculous that Joel Embiid ended up with as many foul shots as the entire Raptors team...

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Any concern over how the leafs were all at the Raptors game? A crowded arena is a good place to catch covid right before the playoffs.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I honestly thought that not only were they going to win tonight, but they'd also have made history winning four straight to complete the comeback from 3-0. Disappointing. Onwards and upwards from here.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
any possibility of the Raps acquiring a superstar like Zion? Since Kawhi left, we are severely outgunned by the elite super teams. It is nice to be back in the playoffs again, but we urgently need a superstar or two. Maybe get back De Rozan as well as add Zion.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
any possibility of the Raps acquiring a superstar like Zion? Since Kawhi left, we are severely outgunned by the elite super teams. It is nice to be back in the playoffs again, but we urgently need a superstar or two. Maybe get back De Rozan as well as add Zion.

Trade Siakam and tank one more year then dip in to free agency. Got some good depth/supporting pieces like Trent and the team should be handed over to Barnes next year regardless. Main hole being needing a legit centre who can move the ball.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Any concern over how the leafs were all at the Raptors game? A crowded arena is a good place to catch covid right before the playoffs.
I hadn't though of this but now that you mention it ...

Trade Siakam and tank one more year then dip in to free agency. Got some good depth/supporting pieces like Trent and the team should be handed over to Barnes next year regardless. Main hole being needing a legit centre who can move the ball.
LOL no, not a chance.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
WE have to get over it at some point.
And? If it was up to me, I'd say stay as safe as possible with the playoffs a few days away. Covid is raging right now, I know several young healthy people who have been infected recently that haven't fully recovered and are still feeling tired weeks later.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
And? If it was up to me, I'd say stay as safe as possible with the playoffs a few days away. Covid is raging right now, I know several young healthy people who have been infected recently that haven't fully recovered and are still feeling tired weeks later.

My point is that I am sick of living in fear of it. I didn’t even think for one second that they might catch it last night at the game until the OP mentioned it.

Reactions: theaub

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My point is that I am sick of living in fear of it. I didn’t even think for one second that they might catch it last night at the game until the OP mentioned it.
I didn't think of it either but now that I have ...

I'm sick of living in fear but I'm also sick of losing in the playoffs. Ask yourself this, how would you feel if we found out say after game 1 that Marner wouldn't be playing in game 2 because he had covid? Would you think that yeah, maybe going to the Raptor game (and not wearing a mask while there unlike many other fans) wasn't such a good idea after all?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I didn't think of it either but now that I have ...

I'm sick of living in fear but I'm also sick of losing in the playoffs. Ask yourself this, how would you feel if we found out say after game 1 that Marner wouldn't be playing in game 2 because he had covid? Would you think that yeah, maybe going to the Raptor game (and not wearing a mask while there unlike many other fans) wasn't such a good idea after all?

I get what you’re saying, yes, that would be upsetting. Having said that, do you think this is the first event they have attended? They never went out to eat somewhere at a restaurant or what have you before last night? We don’t know what they do in their spare time. Not to mention that they play in crowded arenas, so if they catch this thing, it could have come from anywhere. I wouldn’t trace it back to the Raps game.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I get what you’re saying, yes, that would be upsetting. Having said that, do you think this is the first event they have attended? They never went out to eat somewhere at a restaurant or what have you before last night? We don’t know what they do in their spare time. Not to mention that they play in crowded arenas, so if they catch this thing, it could have come from anywhere. I wouldn’t trace it back to the Raps game.
Sure, we'd never know where they picked it up. Attending the Raptor game is just a sign that they're not being as careful as they perhaps should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad