Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Maybe the Lakers will trade us Harrell since they only play him 15 minutes a game.
They need size and length in the paint, preferably with a little bit of finish. Harrell is almost unplayable against certain matchups. Too similar to Boucher in that regard.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
They size need length in the paint, preferably with a little bit of finish. Harrell is almost unplayable against certain matchups. Too similar to Boucher in that regard.

Yeah I know, just find it funny that teams have these guys and dont use them much. He has a little more bulk, plus they have shown they can shut down teams with the small ball approach.

just not sure what’s out there that wouldn’t cost them much.

Whiteside? He’s pretty lazy.
JV? Cost would be too high
Myles Turner? Would love it, but doubt Indiana trades have

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yeah I know, just find it funny that teams have these guys and dont use them much. He has a little more bulk, plus they have shown they can shut down teams with the small ball approach.

just not sure what’s out there that wouldn’t cost them much.

Whiteside? He’s pretty lazy.
JV? Cost would be too high
Myles Turner? Would love it, but doubt Indiana trades have
Yeah, but Harrell is 6’6. Watching him get killed by Jokic last year was enough for me. He’s got a better bag than Boucher but he faces the same type of matchup problems against certain teams.

Honestly, as far as bargain bin I think JaVale McGee might fit with the starters much like he did with the Warriors. Then having Baynes and Boucher off the bench gives a little more versatility. I’d run Kyle-JaVale p&r for the first 3-4 mins then send both to the bench, then bring Kyle back to run the 2nd unit. Bring in Norm and whoever the better matchup between Boucher-Baynes at 3-4 minutes then let it play from there.

JaVale definitely has some limitations but he’s proven to be able to play within a structure with strong leadership on both ends. I think he could be worth a shot for likely next to nothing.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don’t see it that way. I think they’d win that Minnesota game 9/10 times - Rubio and a few others made threes you’ll still give them all day.

I’ve been begging since before the season started for an upgrade in the front court. Actually really like Baynes - Boucher duo off the bench, but they really need to find a basic and traditional centre that can play with the starters.
Coming off the bench is definitely the ideal situation for Baynes. I think that was the biggest part of losing both Ibaka and Gasol since it left the Raptors with a glaring hole in the starting 5. Baynes was a good pickup for the bench but he doesn't suit well being consistently in the starting lineup.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
There's still enough championship DNA on this team to come up with clutch performances like last night.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Coming off the bench is definitely the ideal situation for Baynes. I think that was the biggest part of losing both Ibaka and Gasol since it left the Raptors with a glaring hole in the starting 5. Baynes was a good pickup for the bench but he doesn't suit well being consistently in the starting lineup.
Yeah, we were pretty spoiled with that duo. Between the two of them they could do everything and really allowed Nurse to dictate. They’ve had to do a lot more chasing and hunting matchups this year.

Baynes and Boucher are similar in some ways but lesser versions of. If they can find someone to bump those two back I think they’d be in very good shape.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
We're back to .500, are .05 games back of the 4 seed, and 1.5 games back of the three seed. Things are looking up.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
People are stupid.
Nurse does a lot of head scratching shit that was never going to work. He earned much of his early season criticism but to his credit, he’s gotten back to what made them successful. I was definitely one that thought it could be the beginning of the end.

They’ve found their identity but he still makes dumb mistakes, and last night is a prime example - I love Bembry and was confused when he fell out of the rotation, but Nurse starts him and his micro ball lineup against one of the most skilled ‘big’ teams and spot them an 11-2 lead early on. Why’d you do that, Nick?

Thankfully he’s at least chilled a little on the constant whining and complaining about every whistle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad