Raptors Discussion: v90| Fighting through the injuries (but not Coronavirus. NBA Suspends season until further notice)

Who wins the game Clips or Raps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Probably should have kept Brissett and Boucher in.

I also really don’t like when the offense tries to run the clock down with the lead. We don’t have anybody that can get a bucket 1 on 1. Need to try to run good sets right away IMO.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Are people serious when they say the Raps choke? We have 4 potential starting lineup players not playing (FVV, Siakam, Powell, Gasol), a bunch of G leaguers playing in their spot, and on top of it refs taking the outcome of games into their hands. We have lost 3 games this way over the past 2 weeks. Only the refs can stop us. We are showing heart and determination every night. We are still in the thick of things and things can only get better when we get our starters back.

Give it a break folks.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That fan poll about who's your all-time fan favorite from his game (Cha/Tor) is weird.

There's heavy recency bias in people voting Biyombo over everyone else, but then the next closest is the oldest guy in Oakley.

Amir being a distant 4th is disappointing. He was awesome on and off the court. I'd love him to come back to the Raps as a front-office/community ambassador type guy like JYD was.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Team is doing about all you can ask considering the ridiculous injury luck this season. They'll be a tough draw for any team not named Milwaukee when healthy.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Approaching the halfway mark of the season as the 4th seed and the only player to appear in every game is an undrafted rookie. Yeah I don't really care who the Raps play come playoff time so long as they're healthy. The championship demeanour is real and it can absolutely affect the opposition's poise and composure.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
NBA Rumour Roundup: Pistons expected to pursue Raptors' Fred VanVleet - Sportsnet.ca
The trade deadline hasn’t even come and gone yet, but looking ahead to the off-season, one player who is reportedly on the Pistons’ radar is pending unrestricted free agent Fred VanVleet, according to The Atheltic‘s James Edwards III.

That should come as little surprise to anyone who’s kept at least one eye on VanVleet’s performance from the tail-end of last summer’s playoffs to now. He’s in the midst of a career-year, averaging 18 points and seven assists in a mammoth 36.3 minutes per night, and factors into four of the Toronto Raptors’ top five lineups in terms of points differential for groups that have spent at least 75 possessions on the court together.

Point guards who perform at that level, have shown they can execute on the NBA’s biggest stage and who haven’t hit 26 years old yet are a rare commodity. Of course, the Pistons will do their due diligence — Derrick Rose, despite looking healthy and showing flashes of his former self to the tune of 17.5 points and 5.8 assists in 25 minutes per game is 31 years old and not the point guard of the future — as will any other team with cap space this summer.

But the Raptors are in prime position to keep VanVleet regardless of other teams’ plans. Toronto holds his full Bird Rights, meaning they can exceed the salary cap to re-sign him. Doing so, though, would put a dent in the Raptors’ long-term flexibility and their expected pursuit of Giannis Antetokounmpo should he become a free agent in the summer of 2021.

As for Detroit, any aspiration for the financial flexibility to make a move for VanVleet largely hinges on the fate of Andre Drummond, who holds a cap-strapping $28.7-million player option for next year — a massive sum given the team’s commitment to Griffin, who is in the third year of a five-year, $171-million deal.

Even if the Pistons were to find a trading partner for Drummond, though, there’s still no guarantee their pursuit of VanVleet would be fruitful. As recently as this past October, VanVleet was vocal about what Toronto meant to him.

“I’ve been here. This is the team that gave me my chance, I think we understand that. I’m not gonna speak too much on free agency this year just ’cause it’s a business and I have to do what’s best for me and my family,” VanVleet said during an appearance on Tim and Sid in October.

“But, I mean, I’ve been on record about how I feel about this place. This organization knows how I feel about this place. So in a perfect world, we know what would happen.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad