Raptors Discussion: V82 |Clear your Sunday too | Finals game 2: vs GSW | Jun 2, 8pm ET/5pm PT | Raptors lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
They're the champs. We weren't going to sweep these guys.

Now we need the road split.

Yup. Didnt even bother watching. Even a depleted Warriors team scares me, someone said the Raps have the edge now... Cmon! Kerr made the right adjustments, G3 with likely no KT, Nurse has to hope for the best.

Siakam, IMO, is the key for success in the rest of this series. He was too hesitant and should be more aggressive.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Golden State shot basically the same as game 1 (44% vs 46%) and actually had less free throws this time. Reffing was questionable but Raps lost this themselves by not making their shots and having porous defense in the third.

They managed to guard Curry decently again but got obliterated on those backdoor cuts, Draymond, Cousins, Bogut, Livingston all feasted there while we were busy trying to guard Curry and Klay.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned not even once how dirty of a player Curry is. He is jumping into the Raptors and we get fouled for it and he gets sent to the FT line. I’m not gonna waste my time lining up for 10 hours again.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

bentharbs

Feb 25, 2018
Game three is the most important game in franchise history. Every game from here on out will be.

We have been the better team through two games. This we must take with us to win game three.

Reactions: WildBoy

bentharbs

Feb 25, 2018
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned not even once how dirty of a player Curry is. He is jumping into the Raptors and we get fouled for it and he gets sent to the FT line. I’m not gonna waste my time lining up for 10 hours again.

Hate to say it, but this is not dirty. It is an engrained part of professional basketball, like it or not.

Reactions: The Cobra

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Also love all the angry hot takes. If before this series anyone told you that the Raptors would split the first two games and their loss would be a close one mostly down to 1 bad quarter where their shot deserted them, you'd probably take it. But here we are in the moment and there are so many people that are screaming like they just didn't show up and got blown out by 30.

+1

I get that losing makes people unhappy but some of the anger in here is pretty hilarious. We had a cold streak, it happens. We didn't have our best game, that happens too. I still like how we match up against GS though and think there's an excellent chance we come back to Toronto tied 2-2.

Let's Go Raptors!!

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Gonna need way more from Lowry if we want a chance team low -17 and fouls out on some really stupid fouls

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
My dad said its pathetic the Raps need to beat an injured team (dont feel sorry) to win a title... I said, "who cares, any adv is good for us, the warriors are great."
After the series is over you will find out that Kawhi played injured and Lowry's thumb is worse than he lets on. All teams have injuries.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Raps early foul trouble, justified or not, caused the 3rd quarter run from the warriors.

Their shooting shot them in the foot. They had enough chances at the end to get the game back.

Lots of adjustments to make for game 3 with no more home crowd.

Crowd wasn't great last night, compared to game 1.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

I wouldn't call it being dirty. But how do the refs not catch on to the fact he leaps into the defender? The guy has the smoothest delivery going, yet he somehow flails his body forward when someone goes up to block a shot.

Reactions: The Cobra

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Refs killed an early blowout and got Gasol and Lowry limited minutes.

18-0 run definitely kills us but those 2 things early IMO made it a ball game rather then an early blowout.

Reactions: WildBoy

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
They're the champs. We weren't going to sweep these guys.

Now we need the road split.

This is true, but last night felt like a wasted opportunity, and we did it to ourselves. The defence did it's part but just about everyone had a horrendous second half offensively, and it wasn't because of Golden State's stifling defence. I lost count of the open looks we missed.

Reactions: WildBoy and Tuggy

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Raps have still won 4 of the 6 quarters so far. That 3rd quarter killed them and too bad they couldn't convert more in the 4th but there were bright spots throughout. Tough to have multiple key guys at the brink of foul trouble the whole game. I'm confident they can split there.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This is true, but last night felt like a wasted opportunity, and we did it to ourselves. The defence did it's part but just about everyone had a horrendous second half offensively, and it wasn't because of Golden State's stifling defence. I lost count of the open looks we missed.

Yup, big chance missed last night.

Series is far from over, but now best of 5 instead of a 2-0 lead.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Horrendous shooting in the fourth and not being able to be aggresive on d due to ticky tacky calls piling up cost them that third quarter. The 18-0 run is unacceptable as is not going for a run out on igoudala there at the end.

I did like that box + 1 and creative d looks there when GS couldnt score for 4 minutes. Seems like it hurt Currys feelings that they played hard defense on him when he made that dumb janky d comment. His dumbass does know that when you trap and a guy goes for a steal with another player breaking up court its going to lead to open guys right?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Tough game to lose. If you had told me going into the series that it'd be 1-1, I would've been happy with that. But the game was there for the taking, just couldn't hit the shots at the end.

I also expect GS to go on those runs, they've been doing it for 5 seasons, but you have to limit it to 8-10 points. Can't let them run up 18 before you get a point.

With that said, outside of that 5 minute stretch, the Raptors D still gives me a ton of confidence.

And not that I like seeing anyone get hurt, Thompson injuring himself while flailing to draw a foul on a jumper is karma. Next time Curry backs into a 7 footer, I hope the primary point of contact is Ibaka or Gasol's elbow.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Big missed opportunities in the last 6 minutes, held the Warriors without a basket and we could not capitalize.

They showed their championship will down the stretch, depleted or not they know how to win these games.

They had no answer for Bogut, guy kept on getting lobs all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad