Raptors Discussion: V82 |Clear your Sunday too | Finals game 2: vs GSW | Jun 2, 8pm ET/5pm PT | Raptors lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Because at that point they needed to box out for a quick rebound to advance the ball.

I get Gasol not leaving his man, but after everyone rotated around and closed off of the passes and switches, it was like they all just stood there and let Iggy take the shot. Someone should've at least tried to challenge him a little bit.

Also love all the angry hot takes. If before this series anyone told you that the Raptors would split the first two games and their loss would be a close one mostly down to 1 bad quarter where their shot deserted them, you'd probably take it. But here we are in the moment and there are so many people that are screaming like they just didn't show up and got blown out by 30.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
If Adam Silver really cares about the league, he should do something about the refs.

LOL

Adam Silver is the reason why the reffing is like this.

Hope Klay and Cook don’t come back for the series.

Refs gave GSW life in the 3rd. Raps were atrocious in the 2nd half.

The most frustrating game I’ve seen this playoffs.

A big opportunity missed tonight.

EDIT: meant refs gave gsw life in the 1st half

Reactions: The Cobra

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Welp we had our chances. Too many wide open looks missed and bad turnovers
The Raps had no chance after the 1st half putting them in foul trouble. When a team is forced to shoot above 50% just to stay in the game do to foul trouble taking your D out your done against the Warriors.

This is why I have zero emotion in watching BasketBall it's a fixed league worst than what go's on in soccer all the way from the Jordan era who carried and traveled just about every possession... Real Basketball gets played in Europe and the NCAA.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Complain all you like about the refs, but the Raptors lost this because they couldn't shot worth **** in the second half.

Agreed but double digits going into the 2nd half would have been nice.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not easy to shoot when you’re sitting big minutes because you’re in foul trouble. Raps had to go to their hot hands in Kawhi/FVV because of that and the Warriors threw doubles at them.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
What's scary is GS only had to play 1 quarter of really good basketball to win with a depleted roster.

I mean the bs calls in the 1st half is what allowed them to play the way they did in the 3rd. If raps are not in that much foul trouble doubt gsw starts the quarter on a 14-0 run. We would have been much more aggressive on D.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Raps had no chance after the 1st half putting them in foul trouble. When a team is forced to shoot above 50% just to stay in the game do to foul trouble taking your D out your done against the Warriors.

This is why I have zero emotion in watching BasketBall it's a fixed league worst than what go's on in soccer all the way from the Jordan era who carried and traveled just about every possession... Real Basketball gets played in Europe and the NCAA.

For all that went wrong in the third, the Raps re-established their D in the 4th and put themselves in a position to tie, though there was a stretch where they were just too cold offensively and couldn't come all the way back.

To your second point, I feel like I'm watching the WWF. It's a cartoon league with a ton of chintzy calls and superstar egos.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You're damn right. It was a screw job.

The fact that the NBA is looking around at all the hype in this Toronto market, 3rd or 4th largest metropolitan area in North America, and making cheesy calls in favour of Oakland, is hilarious. The priorities are just weird.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
I mean the bs calls in the 1st half is what allowed them to play the way they did in the 3rd. If raps are not in that much foul trouble doubt gsw starts the quarter on a 14-0 run. We would have been much more aggressive on D.

Don't like this narrative. Our defence was very aggressive in the 4th with more on the line. The 3rd quarter was just full of mental lapses and lackadaisical play.

Biggest culprit? Bricking open shots.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
The fact that the NBA is looking around at all the hype in this Toronto market, 3rd or 4th largest metropolitan area in North America, and making cheesy calls in favour of Oakland, is hilarious. The priorities are just weird.

US TV ratings. They don't give a rat ass about Toronto.

And let's not dismiss Golden State by saying it's just Oakland., It's really all the Bay Area which is huge too

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I get Gasol not leaving his man, but after everyone rotated around and closed off of the passes and switches, it was like they all just stood there and let Iggy take the shot. Someone should've at least tried to challenge him a little bit.

Siakam leaked up court when Kawhi went for the steal and when it didn't happen it was game over. Probably not the worst risk.

Raps played like trash and only lost by five, but the narrative of whether its a good omen to steal a game in Oakland or a missed opportunity will have to wait for a couple weeks.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The closer the series the better for the NBA. Theres no doubt the refs managed this game for the Warriors though. That first half was a joke. Raps could have been up 15 going into the third. It completely changed the outcome.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
f*** man that game was rough

Always hurts more when you lose your money on your favourite team

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sucks to waste such a great game from Kawhi and Freddie. The D was great in the fourth, the box and 1 really through off the flow of GS.

We do really need people to shoot with more confidence, once a couple of 3s missed it seemed there was an extra pump fake every now and again or an extra pass or hesitation. Shoot with authority and knock more down! Going to need it going to Oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad