Raptors Discussion: v79| Playoffs '19|Round 2 vs PHI | Game 7: Sum, May 12 | 7pm ET / 4pm PT| Series tied 3-3| SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
If Giannis ever develops a consistent jumper that he has confidence in...R.I.P to the rest of the NBA.
Yah it almost feels like the NBA God's are like well we gave you everything else you need gotta give you one glaring weakness or its not fair.

Reactions: AreBe

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Raps look like a confident bunch... What are our chances against Sixers?
Simmons being a 6 10 point guard offers wierd match ups, if we figure that out. We also will have to deal with them having the best PF/C and of course Butler. We take 2 out of the 3 advantages away we will win.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Despite not having big box-car stats, Marc Gasol changed this team. His defensive IQ and switches added another element to the defense. His ability to pass the ball, set solid screens and shoot the open 3 completely changed the offense. The amount of times I see him up top making plays compared to Ibaka/JV who would get the ball and dribble handoff or just move the ball along is crazy. It's opened up the offense so much.

I wasn't sure about the trade thinking he was getting old but he still brings so much to the game.

This Raps team has a legit chance at the championship. GS looks beatable.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Simmons being a 6 10 point guard offers wierd match ups, if we figure that out. We also will have to deal with them having the best PF/C and of course Butler. We take 2 out of the 3 advantages away we will win.

Defensive matchups for the Raps

Simmons - Kawhi
Redick - Lowry
Butler - Green
Harris - Siakam
Embiid - Gasol

Gasol and Kawhi have already given fits to their matchups during the season, we saw how Gasol took out the Magic's primary option, and Embiid is not even 100%. That team as a whole has still not quite figured out how to play cohesive basketball and buy in to their designated roles, and the Raps have the playoff experience on their side.

Reactions: Its not your fault

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Simmons - Kawhi
Redick - Lowry
Butler - Green
Harris - Siakam
Embiid - Gasol

Gasol and Kawhi have already given fits to their matchups during the season, we saw how Gasol took out the Magic's primary option, and Embiid is not even 100%. That team as a whole has still not quite figured out how to play cohesive basketball and buy in to their designated roles, and the Raps have the playoff experience on their side.
It also helps when one of their players can't even shoot. The Nets are not good enough to exploit that, the Raptors are going to have a field day with Simmons.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

Simmons - Kawhi
Redick - Lowry
Butler - Green
Harris - Siakam
Embiid - Gasol

Love to here it I think Redick vs Greens 3 point shooting will be fun to watch.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I think the Raptors should be the favorites but the 76'ers have several players that can just go off and steal some games. I really like the way Gasol/Leonard match up with Embiid/Simmons.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Toronto is taking this series in 6 games, we are simply a better team in my opinion. This is the best Raptors team of all time and it's not even close. I will be pretty shocked if we lose. We are more experienced and we have the mental advantage + home court + the best player in the series playing at a ridiculous level. This is low key one of the better defensive teams of the decade. Gasol + Kawhi will shut them down.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Just thinking how crazy that this time last year our big 3 was Derozan, Lowry and Ibaka and this year it’s kawhi, Siakam, Gasol. How many teams change their big 3 on the fly as smoothly as the Raptors while remaining top 3 in the league both years, not tanking or using free agency? Massai is the goat lol

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Just thinking how crazy that this time last year our big 3 was Derozan, Lowry and Ibaka and this year it’s kawhi, Siakam, Gasol. How many teams change their big 3 on the fly as smoothly as the Raptors while remaining top 3 in the league both years, not tanking or using free agency? Massai is the goat lol

Lowry and Ibaka are still on the team too.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

I wouldn't say Gasol took Lowry's spot within the big 3, it just morphed into a big 4 with how important each of their roles are.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I wouldn't say Gasol took Lowry's spot within the big 3, it just morphed into a big 4 with how important each of their roles are.
I’m fine with that. I don’t know enough about advanced NBA analytics to quantify who’s more valuable between Lowry‘s playmaking and Gasol’s passing/defence, unless you value PER

After Kawhi + Siakam the rest just seem to have their roles. I guess Lowry is still the third scoring option though if you go by FGA, I hope he can step up though

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I’m fine with that. I don’t know enough about advanced NBA analytics to quantify who’s more valuable between Lowry‘s playmaking and Gasol’s passing/defence, unless you value PER

After Kawhi + Siakam the rest just seem to have their roles. I guess Lowry is still the third scoring option though if you go by FGA, I hope he can step up though
Lowry is still 3rd after Siakam and Leonard. Lowry impacts the game in so many ways that even when he's not scoring his impact is undeniable. When he's playing like he has post game 1, the Raptors are scary good.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Lowry’s an excellent defender as well. He made it incredibly difficult for Fournier last series and his post defence negated any big man trying to switch on him.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
'Snap out of this ... or you’re going to die': Keon...
Despite the high salary, Clark wasn’t willing to follow the physical regimen required of an NBA player. While others kept in shape during the summer, he only started working out in training camp. As a member of the Toronto Raptors, he once asked veteran Charles Oakley, who was in his mid-30s at the time, about his longevity.

“Oak, how did you stay in the league so long?” Clark asked him.

“I never got out of shape,” Oakley said.

“I guess I won’t be in the league that long,” Clark said.

Despite being blessed with extraordinary talent, Clark wasn’t willing to do what was necessary to maximize that talent.

“I never put my full ability on the basketball court. I’ll leave it as that. I never played up to my full capabilities.”

He stepped on the court when the coach called his name and picked up a hefty cheque for doing so. He admits he didn’t always act in a professional manner.

“I was literally smoking cigarettes at halftime when I was in Toronto. I mean, who does that shit as a professional athlete?”
“They think it’s all glitz and glamour (the NBA), but if you don’t have a good strong team around you, things can go to shit extremely quickly.”

After serving half of his eight-year sentence, Clark was paroled in July 2017.

Today, he puts his newfound oratory skills to good use, spending much of his time visiting high schools, basketball camps, and prisons to share his story.

“I allow people a glimpse behind the veil of what they think professional basketball consists of…I give them the ups and downs of what can come with it.”

He lets people know there’s more to life than money.

“People have it twisted. They think money is the key to success and it’s definitely not. The key to success is knowing who you are, enjoying who you are, and making who you are as strong as possible. That’s what happiness is, at least in my world.”

Most importantly, Clark says he’s been able to stay sober since being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille