Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I honestly wonder how much of that is just coasting in the regular season. They've got 5 all stars and have won 3 of the past 4 championships. The regular season is irrelevant to them right now.

no doubt.

us having a better record than them doesn't mean much.

but I do think the downgrades in Green and Klay's games in particular are real.

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
no doubt.

us having a better record than them doesn't mean much.

but I do think the downgrades in Green and Klay's games in particular are real.

Green I wouldn't even bother defending. If I'm playing them, I'm forcing Cousins to go off, and put my best defenders on Steph and Durant

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Green I wouldn't even bother defending. If I'm playing them, I'm forcing Cousins to go off, and put my best defenders on Steph and Durant

yup.

and that's the other thing - we match up well against them.

not only do we not have any defensive holes in the lineup, but we have very good matchup defenders for all of their offensive threats.

kawhi/siakam on KD
Green/Kyle on Steph/Klay
Gasol on DMC

Reactions: Kurtz

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
yup.

and that's the other thing - we match up well against them.

not only do we not have any defensive holes in the lineup, but we have very good matchup defenders for all of their offensive threats.

kawhi/siakam on KD
Green/Kyle on Steph/Klay
Gasol on DMC
Not to mention guys like Ibaka, OG that you wouldn't be worried about defending guys

Bron Bron getting injured and the Lakers being trash has made me a Raptors fan for this postseason.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
yeah. tbh a healthy raps team should take out all of them and give GS a legit run.

it's actually insane that they've been this good while having a different lineup every single game.

Nusrse doesn't get enough credit for the job he's done in my opinion.

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
Nusrse doesn't get enough credit for the job he's done in my opinion.
He's got my coach of the year vote if I had one lol. What coach bud has done for the Bucks is impressive but they haven't had to deal with the injuries/load management that the Raptors have had. And everyone knows coach bud is a great coach from his time in ATL. What Nurse has done as a rookie coach is pretty remarkable.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Boston is so annoying. Has Kawhi or Lowry ever came out and said "I don't see anyone beating us in a 7 game series"? I am glad we gave a good beatdown.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
GXhhX9d.gif

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I hope we get Detroit in the first round. Every game will be a home game pretty much. This is also a completely different team than who Casey coached, so it's not like he would have an advantage.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It would be great if Boston and Philly played each other in the 1st round. One of them will be gone. They are probably terrified of the possibility of playing each other in the 1st round.

Last edited:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It would be great if Boston and Philly played each other in the 1st round. One of them will be gone. They are probably terrified of the possibility of playing each other in the 1st round.

Philly got a massive break yesterday when Paul George sat for OKC last night, which resulted in them grabbing a win in a game that they should have lost. That may propel them to the 3rd seed - a lot will depend on their next 5 games culminating with a game against Indiana. If they go 3-2 and beat Indy, I think 3rd seed is theirs.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
The Pacers aren't finishing with the 3rd seed. Their schedule is brutal down the stretch.

Orlando
Chicago
@ Milwaukee
@ Philly

New York
OKC
@ Denver
@ Portland
@ LAC
@ Golden State
Denver
@ OKC
@Boston

Orlando
Detroit
@Detroit
Boston
Brooklyn
@ Atlanta

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I understand it’s regular season but nurse has to find ways to keep some offense on the court. This lineup to start the 4th was just abysmal.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
What a finish!

The refs did everything they could to steal that win from us FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad