Raptors Discussion: v69| It's no longer playoff time. | Raptors eliminated in 2nd round by Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
preview-web-playoffs2017-050717.jpg

2017 Playoffs: Game 4 Preview - Raptors vs. Cavaliers
Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: May 07, 2017

http://www.nba.com/raptors/gameday-050717

The Toronto Raptors look to extend their season on Sunday when they face the Cleveland Cavaliers. With the Cavs owning a 3-0 series lead, it's win or start the summer for Toronto.

Tip-off: 3:30 P.M. ET

Broadcast info: TSN, ABC / TSN1050

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Casey/Lowry/JV imo. Its time to reconstruct the core. Does that mean rebuild? I dunno. It would not surprise me if masai makes another blockbuster deal.

We need someone like Paul George or even a Hasan Whiteside. But if Lowry won't be back then who will be at the point? If they don't bring back Lowry then they will have to do some sort of a blockbuster deal in order to stay in the playoffs. In reality, though, just playoffs don't interest me any more. I want a chance to win. I wish we could keep Lowry and bring in another All-Star then we're talking. Either you rebuild, or you take another step forward. Anything else is just a waste of time. Treading water shouldn't be an option. Either close the gap or rebuild.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Damn, this feels so hopeless lol.

Pretty much is.

Outside of Demar there is no other offensive option. Kyle is out, Ibaka hasn't really looked good since rolling his ankle in game 2 of the first round, JV has had moments but nothing sustained and Casey has never shown an ability or willingness to use JV as an offensive focal point and to top it off and maybe most important we haven't been able to hit the 3 ball.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Pretty much is.

Outside of Demar there is no other offensive option. Kyle is out, Ibaka hasn't really looked good since rolling his ankle in game 2 of the first round, JV has had moments but nothing sustained and Casey has never shown an ability or willingness to use JV as an offensive focal point and to top it off and maybe most important we haven't been able to hit the 3 ball.

Hopeless not just for now but for the foreseeable future. What can they do to close the gap and beat LBJ in the future?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hopeless not just for now but for the foreseeable future. What can they do to close the gap and beat LBJ in the future?

Hope for some impossible reason Lebron decides to retire early?

However my concern is that there is no reason this should be swept by the Cavs. At minimum lose in 6 like last season.
Casey needs to go. Good coach overall but way too many errors that I think is preventing this team from reaching its true potential.
Any coaching candidates available? There are like only 2 that I know kind of well in Jeff Van Gundy and Stackhouse.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004

Outside of a superteam I think we had the best team on paper to do it but absolutely everything has to go perfect.

Basically every facet of your game has to run at 100% for four games and that is close to impossible.

Besides the health of Kyle and Ibaka(who I don't believe is healthy) I think the biggest issue is our 3 point shooting. To beat Cleveland you have to shoot the lights out.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Outside of a superteam I think we had the best team on paper to do it but absolutely everything has to go perfect.

Basically every facet of your game has to run at 100% for four games and that is close to impossible.

Besides the health of Kyle and Ibaka(who I don't believe is healthy) I think the biggest issue is our 3 point shooting. To beat Cleveland you have to shoot the lights out.

We do need a shooter or 2 but at the same time, you can't acquire the Jason Kaponos of the world either.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Yeah I wouldnt be surprised if Ibaka isnt healthy. However I dont think Casey's protect the paint defensive system and Cavs 3 point shooting is a good match at all.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
They pick up guys like Dwill, Frye, Korver and those guys stick almost all of their shots. It's unbelievable. Our guys on the other hand are hit or miss. Very inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad