Raptors Discussion: V62 0 Round 2 (Post Season Play Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Wow, he's out for the series. Biyombo is going to have to come up huge for us to win now.

Worst luck ever....

Mad Brills*

Whiteside isn't going to be 100% for the rest of the series regardless.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
That's just great news :/ arguably our best player. Heart and soul, intensity. *sigh* but I guess it's part of the game.

Whose backup C

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That's just great news :/ arguably our best player. Heart and soul, intensity. *sigh* but I guess it's part of the game.

Whose backup C

Biz Biyombo. They're going to have to match Miami when they go small with Whiteside on the bench (if he plays). I think they need to get Joe Johnson into the game and have Patterson play 5. Sure af cannot have Scola play anymore, what a mess he was last game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Biz has filled nicely for JV when he was out with his broken hand. Lowry will have to step up and he did last game after JV was hurt. You don't lose much with having Biz in the defensive end, but of course he does not have an offensive game at all. We'll just have to hope that Lowry found his stroke. If he did, we should be fine without JV.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Terrible news regarding JV. I was optimistic yesterday when he was listed day to day. If Whiteside is out it will be a wash, but Lowry and Derozan are going to have to step up now for us to have a chance. We just lost our greatest offensive threat in this series.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Biz will have to keep up his intensity and continue to grab boards for us. Defense is obviously not an issue.

If only his offense were half as good as Jonas'.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Big loss for the Raps. JV has been the raps best player of the playoffs Hopefully he returns to the lineup in round 3 if they make it.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
That's pathetic. I wonder if the NBA is even going to fine him.

Yea thats uncalled for, you respect, what would happen if cory joseph was warming up when the american anthem was playing. It would have every sports outlet calling for his head. I never liked wade personally and this just gives me a reason to dislike him even more.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Unless they go with james johnston and run with a smaller lineup.

I think well see jv in this series if the heat tie it up or take the lead. But having kyle back if he keeps playing like he did in the second half imo should be enough to get us into the cav matchup.

If demar also finds his game and jv plays like he has it could be an entertaining series.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Wade is such a idiot. You say you're not disrespectful yet you just disrespected the Canadian anthem...DUMBASS!

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
Who is our backup to Biz? Nogueira (or however you spell his name)? I'd think they would bring in scola or james johnson before nogueira.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Who is our backup to Biz? Nogueira (or however you spell his name)? I'd think they would bring in scola or james johnson before nogueira.

I would say Jason Thompson is technically next on the center depth chart but I highly doubt we see him or Bebe.

Most likely we go small with Patterson at the 5 and unfortunately Scola will probably be in the rotation as well.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Good thing Miami doesn't really have a good backup C either. Biz should be grabbing every board and Derozan is gonna have to step it up and Lowry is gonna have to play like he did at the end of that last game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Whiteside won't play, they have to drive every chance they get. Especially DD, the guy settles for so many jumpers instead of penetrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad