Raptors Discussion: V62 0 Round 2 (Post Season Play Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Massive games by DeRozan and Lowry. I have been on DeRozan this entire playoffs but I have to give him his due tonight, came through in a big way same with Lowry. First time all playoffs those 2 had great games together.
If they can play like that consistently from now on, the Raps may end up putting a lot of pressure on the Cavs.

Right now, Casey really needs to develop a strategy around preserving huge leads. Being more conservative, limiting the jump shots if things don't go our way, and a more disciplined D game will help produce a stronger product.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If they can play like that consistently from now on, the Raps may end up putting a lot of pressure on the Cavs.

Right now, Casey really needs to develop a strategy around preserving huge leads. Being more conservative, limiting the jump shots if things don't go our way, and a more disciplined D game will help produce a stronger product.

I actually think they need to be more aggressive with the lead, way too many times in these playoffs they settle for jumpers and kill the clock...it hasn't worked. They need to attack, attack, attack. Outside of maybe Winslow Miami has ZERO! shot blocking.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Even with a well rested, heavily favored Cleveland team waiting in the next round, it would be great to make it to the conference finals for the first time in franchise history. We have two cracks at it now.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Even with a well rested, heavily favored Cleveland team waiting in the next round, it would be great to make it to the conference finals for the first time in franchise history. We have two cracks at it now.

yeah and that's why they play the games. Cleveland may be favoured on paper but let's get there and see for ourselves. 1 more to go baby!!! so jacked up right now.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
do they have any chance against Cleveland?

Cleveland just tore Atlanta a new one, their offense is on fire. And #fancystats indicates that Atlanta had a better defense than the Raps, soooooo.....

That said, regular season Cleveland and Toronto were very close.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Going into the playoffs I just wanted an ECF berth and anything positive after that is icing on the cake. I figured we might be able to push the Cavs to 7 if we played great ball but Cleveland has hit another gear in these playoffs offensively and we're missing two important starters (including the guy who would guard LeBron for 40 mins a night). The way Cleveland is playing right now, they'd sweep us. Atlanta has the second best D in the league and the Cavs put up 20+ 3s in back to back games on them. Those numbers are so gaudy even the Warriors haven't done it in the playoffs.

Edit: JV is the one matchup we'do want to exploit against them so his injury really hurts too unless he makes a strong comeback.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
honestly, Miami has looked terrible the entire series. they can't hit shots to save their lives. also so many turnovers. We should've killed them in 5. if only joseph coul'dve hit that last shot last game, we'd be talking about the Cavs right now. I'm confident they can take them next game.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
honestly, Miami has looked terrible the entire series. they can't hit shots to save their lives. also so many turnovers. We should've killed them in 5. if only joseph coul'dve hit that last shot last game, we'd be talking about the Cavs right now. I'm confident they can take them next game.

we should've swept them in all honesty. If we played with any sort of nerve in OT in game 1 that's a win, we won game 2, win game 3, had a good lead with like 5 mins left in game 4 but blew it...and now we win game 5. This series should've been over a long time ago.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
we should've swept them in all honesty. If we played with any sort of nerve in OT in game 1 that's a win, we won game 2, win game 3, had a good lead with like 5 mins left in game 4 but blew it...and now we win game 5. This series should've been over a long time ago.

Not only that but even when Lowry and Derozen were crap we'd be within a possession of winning it. they better close out the series with a big win on Friday.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Cleveland is on another level right now. They took two games from GS last year without Love and Irving in the finals. The trio still hasn't lost a playoff game together.

a Conference Finals appearance is all we should really expect..that was my goal for this team coming in. Anything more than that is just gravy. 1 more and this season will be a success in my eyes. Without JV Cleveland are going to kill us and really are we really going to get upset about it? How can we? Beat Miami in the next 2 games and enjoy the Conference Finals.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Miami has been sleeping thru most of the series.

Not really. They just aren't very good. The Raps are the team who's been sleeping. Up 3-2 with their two all-stars hurting and playing like garbage. Raps could have taken this in 5 tbh. And that's not arrogance because no matter who wins this series, it's inevitable that they'll get murdered by Cleveland. That's the worst part. Even if you win this series you'll be lucky to go 5 in the next round.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Seemed like some solid coaching that game. Or is it just me?

Casey smartened up a bit and didn't call many DD ISO's tonight. See how much more effective he is when he's moving the ball and getting in the paint instead of trying to be Kobe Jr? Totally different results.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hope they learn from their previous game 6 experience. I think we've been good on the road in miami for the most part and that bit of confidence should help us.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Not really. They just aren't very good. The Raps are the team who's been sleeping. Up 3-2 with their two all-stars hurting and playing like garbage.

I guess. I have been watching much more bball than i ever have and all these other teams look so much better. But who knows if we can up the game.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Amin Elhassan ✔‎@AminESPN
DANNNNNNNNNNN....*ping* THE TORONTO RAPTORS.....*ping* play a lot better...*ping* with 8 men on the floor. *ping*

Skip Bayless ✔‎@RealSkipBayless
Kyle Lowry just saved Toronto from DWade.

Miami and ESPN in total shambles right now

And this tweet is one of the dumbest things I've ever read...

MarkJonesESPN ✔‎@MarkJonesESPN
Deng playing the 5,Miami out scored TOR 22-8 in gm4. If Raps go with Biyombo,Heat have edge bec.= size but Deng's offense > Biz d & rebs

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Casey smartened up a bit and didn't call many DD ISO's tonight. See how much more effective he is when he's moving the ball and getting in the paint instead of trying to be Kobe Jr? Totally different results.

He also called a handful of successful plays, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad