Raptors Discussion: v45|#WeTheNorth|BRUUUUUUUNOOOOOO!!!!!! (avatars=post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Think about how many times in years past they'd lose to teams they should have beaten? That rarely happens to good teams, Raps let it happen a lot. They are not anymore. That is an encouraging sign of progress.

So true. Since the Rudy Gay trade, we rarely lose to teams much weaker than us. That sounds like an easy thing to do, but it's really not.

There's so much this team can improve on but overall, can't really complain too much. And the fact that they're 8-2 and still have so much room for improvement has it's positive side to it as well.

From where I sit, the 3 main areas for improvement:

1 - Derozan - smarten up, stop forcing shots so much
2 - JV - hoping for a big step forward from last year
3 - Ross - same as JV

These were the 3 biggest question marks going into the season and the jury's still out on all three. It's early though, it sure is nice to be a lock for the playoffs and have all year to work on stuff.

Last edited:

Jaysfanatic*

JV is taking bigger leaps, but Casey is also being an idiot with him.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So Kobable Bring Brong last night had 24 field goal attempts in the first half alone... Since Kobable entered the league in 1996, only 6 times has that happened, 4 of those times by Kobable.

Jaysfanatic*

So Kobable Bring Brong last night had 24 field goal attempts in the first half alone... Since Kobable entered the league in 1996, only 6 times has that happened, 4 of those times by Kobable.

What is this saying?

Shwaguy*

JV is taking bigger leaps, but Casey is also being an idiot with him.

Let's see if he let's JV build on his performance against Utah, we'll need him against Memphis and historically he's played pretty damn well against Gasol/Z-Bo

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Grizz just hammered the Rockets big time. Harden held to single digits.

Grizzlies are legit. They are elite defensively and Raptors are going to have a miserable time trying to score against them. Everyone should bench their fringe players against them in fantasy.

Looks like Rockets have slowed down their pace big time and aren't playing that run and gun game anymore. I suppose it'll be better for their playoff run but they are not as fun of a team to watch anymore.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Kings are protesting the game against Memphis a few nights ago that the inbound on the game winning lob play was tipped. It's funny because the Grizz were once on the wrong end of a similar situation. Only time I can remember another protest, the Grizzlies (back in the Vancouver days) were up by 1, the Lakers looked like they scored the winning bucket on an and 1 play, but the ball was in Shaq's hands as time ran out... they upheld it because the foul happened with 0.2 or 0.1 left, even though the clock malfunctioned (and given this is the Staples Center... that should not come to anyone's surprise :laugh:) and stayed on 0.6 seconds for a while.

That protest was denied.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Rockets are the worst team. Legit. It's just Harden and Howard ball hoggin

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Rockets are the worst team. Legit. It's just Harden and Howard ball hoggin

Ariza gets plenty of touches too. Howard/Ariza/Beverley are great defensively as well and Harden is elite at getting to the line. Definitely not a bad team. Terrence Jones is injured too and is a pretty big part of their future success.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Ariza gets plenty of touches too. Howard/Ariza/Beverley are great defensively as well and Harden is elite at getting to the line. Definitely not a bad team. Terrence Jones is injured too and is a pretty big part of their future success.

Watch them. As a team, they're awful. A bunch of individual talents put together trying to do the same thing.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Game #11: Memphis Grizzlies (9-1) vs. Toronto Raptors (8-2) Weds
Nov. 19th @ 7:30PM on TSN

naismithcup.gif

TOR.png

MEM.png

Probable Starters:

Grizzlies

PG Mike Conley
SG Tony Allen
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Zach Randolph
C Marc Gasol

Raptors

PG Kyle Lowry
SG Demar Derozan
SF Terrence Ross
PF Amir Johnson
C Jonas Valanciunas

Last edited:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Ah yes, it is so refreshing to watch the Raptors when the Leafs aren't playing.
It's time we beat a perennial contender team and mark our place in the league

Last edited:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I don't think we're going to win today but it would be a big statement win if we could... Best in the east vs best in the west, 10-1 vs 8-2

Shwaguy*

Hey does anyone here think this years/eras Leafs remind you of the whole Bosh/Jose/Bargs era Raptors, I know they do for me.

Shwaguy*

Also we're totally winning today, calling it, Jonas plays well against their frontcourt for whatever reason.

For those scared of the Memphis frontcourt's size and rebounding, just throwing it out there that they have the same issue as us, 24th in rebounding on the year.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Also we're totally winning today, calling it, Jonas plays well against their frontcourt for whatever reason.

For those scared of the Memphis frontcourt's size and rebounding, just throwing it out there that they have the same issue as us, 24th in rebounding on the year.

The only issue I have is, I could see JV getting into foul trouble early in this game.

We're going to miss JJ tonight. He's ideal for these matchups.

Shwaguy*

The only issue I have is, I could see JV getting into foul trouble early in this game.

We're going to miss JJ tonight. He's ideal for these matchups.

I get Jonas has his trouble with the refs not being very favourable to him/committing dumb fouls, but hey maybe we're lucky and he gets one of their guys in foul trouble since he's so good at drawing fouls.

Yes and no on the JJ, we'll miss him every night cause he's been a huge contributor for us, but Memphis is one of the teams I think we'll miss him the least, because their scoring off the wing is less than ideal to say the least. It'll be the Cavs we miss him against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad