Raptors Discussion: v45|#WeTheNorth|BRUUUUUUUNOOOOOO!!!!!! (avatars=post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Toronto's record against...

Current playoff teams - 2-2
Current non-playoff teams - 6-0

Hard to get too excited about the 8-2 start.

They're taking care of business when it comes to team they should be beating. Good teams do that. But they haven't shown yet they're anything more than an average playoff team.

Both losses also came against team's who ran their offence through their bigs. Raps need some d help and size down low.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I just hate the Leafs playing on the same night, as the Raptors and as a dyed in the wool Leaf fan, I was switching back ond forth all night, to catch as much of the Raptors game as I could but with the leafs so deep in the hole in the 3rd period, I swiched over to watch the Raptors play the 4th quarter, occasionally switching back just to see how bad the Leafs were losing however The Raptors with Lowry and DeRosen, were a real treat and it was a great 4th quarter to watch.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada

They're taking care of business when it comes to team they should be beating. Good teams do that. But they haven't shown yet they're anything more than an average playoff team.

Both losses also came against team's who ran their offence through their bigs. Raps need some d help and size down low.

Yup and they play the Grizz next who have a couple of tough low post guys too. And James Johnson is doubtful. Not gonna be an easy one. :sarcasm:

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto

While that is true, both of their loses, they helped beat themselves. The Miami game, they missed I think it was 15+ free throws, and Chicago, they couldn't hit and open shot to save their lives and Derozan was a shell of his usual self.

Shwaguy*

This is the NBA, any team can compete on every night, hell even our expansion team beat the 96 Bulls, can't really discredit the wins against the other teams, most teams won't/don't go perfect against teams they should beat, see Chicago losing to Indy last night (Yes no Rose but we've won games without both Amir and Val), Jazz beating the Cavs etc.

2-2 against good teams isn't even that bad and is too small a sample size to worry about, we've competed in every game. We could all tell it wasn't due to a lack of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
This is the NBA, any team can compete on every night, hell even our expansion team beat the 96 Bulls, can't really discredit the wins against the other teams, most teams won't/don't go perfect against teams they should beat, see Chicago losing to Indy last night (Yes no Rose but we've won games without both Amir and Val), Jazz beating the Cavs etc.

2-2 against good teams isn't even that bad and is too small a sample size to worry about, we've competed in every game. We could all tell it wasn't due to a lack of talent.

Just curious as to who the two good teams are that the Raps beat?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think we're still better than Miami over the course of the season.

Chicago is clearly the best team in the East.

We're pretty much playing like what we were projected to be - the 3rd best team in the east.

Also gonna take dat JV pic.

Last edited:

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
The Raps look good, the Bulls game was lost largely due to a ridiculously poor 3rd quarter.

Would've liked the W against the Heat, too. However, 8-2 looks good. Will see how we match up against the Grizz.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
At this juncture, I wouldn't say the Bulls are the best in the conference. The Raps were playing well to start, ended up with an atrocious 3rd.

They are a different animal with Rose playing decent minutes, he looked immensely explosive and quick against the Raptors.
A couple of those drives to the basket, where he contorts at bizarre angles looked like vintage Rose, circa 2009-10.

Cleveland, Washington, Chicago and Toronto will all compete for the #1 seed.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Really though, regular season games aren't a good sample for postseason play. Bulls and Celts beat up on '11 Miami during the season and then got walloped in the playoffs. Raps could just as easily beat them up, or they themselves could get destroyed when it comes to the postseason. It all depends on how much better they can be in a best of 7. I'd certainly hope DeRozan wouldn't be throwing up around 15 bricks in a playoff game trying to get into a rhythm.

Jaysfanatic*

Ahhh yes. I forgot about the Washington game. But would it not be debateable to call the Hawks a "good" team?

They're no pushovers that is for sure. They're not great, they're not bad. They're a 5 or 6 seed.

Jaysfanatic*

Carter was BARELY booed last year, in fact he got some cheers as well. Want to go for that game and cheer him myself.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
when's the last time a toronto team had this record? i'm enjoying this ride, even if it's short. if we can make the playoffs consistently, then we have something to build off of.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Toronto Raptors @Raptors
James Johnson (right ankle sprain) did not participate in Monday's #Raptors practice. #WeTheNorth

Bluejaysfan*

Bulls record...

Current playoff teams - 1-1
Current non-playoff teams - 6-2

You were saying?

Jaysfanatic*

Think about how many times in years past they'd lose to teams they should have beaten? That rarely happens to good teams, Raps let it happen a lot. They are not anymore. That is an encouraging sign of progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad