GDT: V | "Hail Mary" | Oilers VS. Canucks | 10.17.14 | 7:30PM | Rexall | SNOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lampshade*

Aw man that sucks for that kid. Puck to the head. But god damned the Sedins are classy. Gave him a stick.[/QUOTE

Classy and skilled. I can only imagine if they were on the oil. Deep play off run for sure.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not with how they're playing. Not enough good chances so far. Frustrating to see.

I don't think they've given up but it seems close. Their play definitely tapered off and they resorted to passing on 2-on-1s.

Vancouver has boxed them out effectively and they're not even going for 2nd/3rd chances.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
They're playing decent, but they're not really producing many chances offensively, especially in threatening areas.

Hard to imagine them score more than one goal next period the way they're going.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
and i thought i was the only one getting messages from Canuck fans

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think they've given up but it seems close. Their play definitely tapered off and they resorted to passing on 2-on-1s.

Vancouver has boxed them out effectively and they're not even going for 2nd/3rd chances.

I think we're too scared right now to take any chances because recent history suggests there's a higher chance that it ends up in our net than theirs. :(

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Why the heck would he? He has done absolutely nothing to deserve more then 2 million a year.

I agree 100% with a bridge deal. I think the giving our "first line" long term big money deals without expecting them to play defence was a huge mistake.

That being said he is worth more than 2/yr. Just on pedigree alone. It sucks, but he was a #1 pick and can use that to negotiate. I'd expect 3.5/yr in the current market.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
yeah there would be a lot of bonuses to having the sedins on the team;

-twin magic
-only have to pay for one bed at hotel
-hairy feet
-just need a metal pole instead of Christmas decorations
-chance to track a pot of gold
etc.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
If it's any consolation the Canucks won't be seeing meaningful playoff hockey for a good number of years. Makes me smile:laugh:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If it's any consolation the Canucks won't be seeing meaningful playoff hockey for a good number of years. Makes me smile:laugh:

Well they'll be 3-0 in about 45 minutes and we'll be 0-4-1.

I think we're too scared right now to take any chances because recent history suggests there's a higher chance that it ends up in our net than theirs. :(

I feel like they fired their best shot and it didn't work. And again they make one mistake and it's in the back of their net. The guys have to be wondering what it takes to win at this point.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Are you serious or is this another no offer is worth Hallsy thread? If your serious, the Sedins would significantly improve the oilers. Leadership, winners (Olympic level as well) and yes even stats career wise any current oiler will have to really work for.

Get lost. You're stupid valuation and sedin worship is not wanted. And no we don't need more shrimp forwards who can't stand up for themselves

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This team needs to win this game, playing relatively well and losing would be another huge kick in the junk to this team's confidence (whatever confidence they may still have).

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
0 combined goals for Nuge, Eberle, Perron and Pouliot is simply not good enough in a 5 game stretch.

One of these guys needs to get on the board here.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lets keep this thread about the game talk and not moderation. If you wanna stay in it, keep it on topic.

might I suggest any poster who feels on other boards we are being goaded or feel other posters are being nasty to us--keep hitting the report button on posts that you find questionable and explain why

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
We can't complain about the calls in this one. That's as obvious a 4 min high stick that you get. Guess the ref didn't see whose stick actually hit him. Don't understand the hate on Hamhuis either, RNH was a willing combatant and it's not like Hamhuis is a big fighter. He hadn't fought in 4.5 years.

Hall is forcing plays out there, doing a lot on his own. Part of it is likely due to Ebs being mia and Arco not really finding the puck offensively.

Yak looks elite outside of some sloppy board work on the GA. RNH looks ok, still too weak on the puck though. Purcell and Fayne went puck chasing on the goal, I think Fayne thought Purcell had Vrbata covered. Communicate boys. The Sedins are too skilled to miss out on an open man like that. Otherwise Fayne-Marincin has looked good. The pairings in general has looked decent, surprising when you start playing your best guys. Nikitin is having his best game so far.

Drai has had some smart offensive plays, sometimes turns the wrong way in his own zone, he's still figuring out what works and what doesn't at this level. I don't mind him staying up, ideally he'd play something like 60-70 games with some PB time to watch the game from above. Sadly our depth isn't good enough for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad