Post-Game Talk: Utterly Rittich-ulous Leafs Lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
I guess I wasn't very clear when I was talking about the fight. I don't mean that we should see a player fighting every game or even every other game. What I meant was, you can notice with some teams how the players know they have each other's back. With our team I don't see or notice that. Maybe it's just me.
As for knowing how to skate and so on, I think we both know how games are played in the playoffs. Often there is not much room to skate, so a team has to be able to work around that. I'm not sure we have learned how to do that consistently yet. Now it comes back to our team playing like Jekyll and Hyde. This team needs to know how to play at a consistent level. They need to know that they can't just turn it on when they feel the need to. That hasn't worked for the last three or four years and it's certainly not a recipe for success. And as for the goaltending, I am hoping that Andersen will soon be back and have Campbell as the back up.

I can agree to that. The talk was they brought in Thornton, Simmonds, Bogosian, Spezza to bring some character to the room. To have them rub off on the young guys about teamwork, accountability etc.
Thornton/Simmonds have done nothing on the ice worthwhile, and the teamwork, character etc isn't there. In all honesty they don't deserve a roster spot at this point.

Zach Hyman is a lunchpail guy. He got his knee blown up by a completely dirty play. Zero response. I don't necessarily mean a fight either. Score. Hit. Be hard to play against and win for your teammate. Nope, nothing. So I do agree with your point there.

Bogosian has been okay to me. Nothing special, but I didn't think he's been hurting us either.
Spezza has been one of our most important players to be honest.

This team has has the identity of having things come easy for since they drafted Matthews imo. He's so talented and gifted that he wins games by himself, and he has.
When he's held in check, and the rest of the team has to work for a win, we seem to sputter. They second guess their talent and scramble. It's happening with the PP now. Teams are limiting Matthews and the rest of the team do not know how to respond.

Playoffs will be tight, and tough. Columbus clogged it up last year and made the Leafs work for space instead of an all out offensive juggernaut. Pair that with questionable goaltending and we saw how the series ended up. They need to figure it out, and soon. As Montreal can play a very similar game.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yup it's working fine
jRsVWfZCHYxSrz6dwQ8CbD2E_-3CJqHy5XQbds9yakQvHCMMyKfxAmHBpZjRmqT1NaOpIgwVMqPcpy3xHMeBGA7ZP65GBPHFxkBi80kSXO0kleh2CiZEFS6bWXFvRxzWpcyKxBtT
I mean, what do you think the style change would have done? Would it have made our goalie stop basic shots without traffic from the proper side? Would less quality chances result in more goals for us?

You change your style to either tighten up defensively or create more offensively. We were good both games in those areas.

Weird graphic btw, the "evidence" here would suggest we heavily outplayed the Nucks but the goaltending in both nets played a significant role in the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad