Pre-Game Talk: Utah vs Edmonton Friday 7 PM

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
One thing I just found out is if the move to Utah happens, The Oilers will play the last game in Arizona for the to be renamed Coyotes.

That's kind of cool, and sad

Honestly I hope this kicks some people's asses and the Coyotes relocate to a new arena in Phoenix. Utah can get an expansion franchise

Reactions: SecretOilersFan

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Utah-Jazz-Logo-1980-1996.png
Seen somewhere they should call the team the Utah J*z* :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
im gonna wait for more than 1 game until I think of Holloway has one of our best 12. Hes shown flashes and fallen off before. He plays a dangerous game and ends up hurt often. He had great game last night, build on it.
Even when he's not playing well he's an out of control bowling ball who adds chaos to the game. There is value in that imo, especially when things get tighter during the playoffs. He could lay a single hit in a game that makes a difference

I think it depends on whether Kane can create chaos again. If he's not wreaking havoc we need Holloway

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Utah MLMs.

Rest McDavid as much as needed, glad to see he's not just pushing through it at this point. Sadly might mean Kucherov beats him to 100 assists.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
SLC is a good market. I know people say Quebec deserves a team but they'll do really well in Utah. They're very passionate and intense about the Jazz. Arizona will prob get an expansion team if they can figure out an arena, NHL doesn't want to lose that massive market.
It would be so fitting if the Arizona lost their team but resurrected them as an expansion team. Exactly what they did to the Jets

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
So this scenario is not out of the realm of possibility.
Oilers win their next 5 games finish with a 111 pts, Dallas loses their last 2, Rangers lose their last 2
Oilers win presidents trophy with the most unlikely of comebacks from a historically bad start to the season. Oilers still end up playing Vegas in the first round, who immediately activate 20 million in cap space off of LITR......

We still spank them and win the cup! :partytime:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
If Dallas loses either of their remaining 2 games in regulation and we go 5-0 we'd finish 1st in the West.
We could actually still jump ahead of Dallas and New York with a tie break if they go 1-1-0

Edited, was wrong about NewYork, they have 110 pts

Last edited:

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Toronto blows the lead 3 times, down 5-4 late and tie the game and still lose in regulation. Matthews 2 away from 70 goal in the embarrassing loss.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
So this scenario is not out of the realm of possibility.
Oilers win their next 5 games finish with a 111 pts, Dallas loses their last 2, Rangers lose their last 2
Oilers win presidents trophy with the most unlikely of comebacks from a historically bad start to the season. Oilers still end up playing Vegas in the first round, who immediately activate 20 million in cap space off of LITR......

We still spank them and win the cup! :partytime:
Also HowTF do we have 5 games left when most teams have 2-3, that's criminal.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad