Pre-Game Talk: Utah vs Edmonton Friday 7 PM

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Utah coming in with the young guys rolling. Guenther the former Oil King doing the Oilers a solid with a 4 point night against the PDO Princesses last night. McDavid probably sitting out and Pickard probably starting so I’d guess the lineup card stays the same otherwise. Edit - Carrick Ceci not skating at practice so Ryan Stetcher might draw in.

The 3rd line looks great with Holloway McLoed Perry but let’s see if Holloway can play consistently like this. Oilers can’t let off the gas pedal if they want a hope to finish first and avoid the Kings for a 3rd consecutive year.

Utah’s players minds might be elsewhere with the rumors swirling that they would be leaving for greener pastures but they can’t play much worse than Vegas did last night.

Still - should be one for the W column.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Utah-Jazz-Logo-1980-1996.png

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I am really enjoying watching leafs fans get themselves into a pretzel, saying that scoring goals is significantly more valuable than getting assists when discussing Matthews achievments, but then in a different thread stating that Hymans goals don't count because all he does is tap in back door feeds from McDavid. Which one is it??

Quite the mental gymnasts in Laff land

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I know the Oilers are probably foaming at the mouth for another crack at the Canucks but they can’t look past the Yotes. They are playing solid spoiler hockey right now.

We win these 2 games and that puts an insane amount of pressure on the Canucks to beat both the Flames and a hopefully still very motivated Jets squad.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Utah coming in with the young guys rolling. Guenther the former Oil King doing the Oilers a solid with a 4 point night against the PDO Princesses last night. McDavid probably sitting out and Pickard probably starting so I’d guess the lineup card stays the same otherwise. Edit - Carrick Ceci not skating at practice so Ryan Stetcher might draw in.

The 3rd line looks great with Holloway McLoed Perry but let’s see if Holloway can play consistently like this. Oilers can’t let off the gas pedal if they want a hope to finish first and avoid the Kings for a 3rd consecutive year.

Utah’s players minds might be elsewhere with the rumors swirling that they would be leaving for greener pastures but they can’t play much worse than Vegas did last night.

Still - should be one for the W column.

As the standings sit today Vegas actually would cross over into the central and play Dallas round 1. Nashville is the likely match up for our division winner, while LA and Vegas are close for 3rd in the PAC.

Oops misread your post, I'll leave it up though

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I am really enjoying watching leafs fans get themselves into a pretzel, saying that scoring goals is significantly more valuable than getting assists when discussing Matthews achievments, but then in a different thread stating that Hymans goals don't count because all he does is tap in back door feeds from McDavid. Which one is it??

Quite the mental gymnasts in Laff land
Yep. If Hyman is just scoring easy tap in goals from McDavid that makes the assist pretty important. You would think they would see the contradiction there.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
This Utah/Arizona/Phoenix/Salt Lake city team is working hard and this is a massive trap game with Vancouver the following day

I don't feel great about this one.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
So it's clear to me that Holloway is one of our best 12 forwards...what does your ideal playoff game 1 roster look like?

Problem is there's no room. The only vulnerable spot on the roster is 4C which is a position Holloway can't play, or at least can't play well.

You can't scratch Janmark or Kane for him so he sits until someone else has to come out.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Problem is there's no room. The only vulnerable spot on the roster is 4C which is a position Holloway can't play, or at least can't play well.

You can't scratch Janmark or Kane for him so he sits until someone else has to come out.

Janmark and Brown could come out and alternate.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Draisaitl Henrique
Holloway McLoed Perry
Janmark/Brown Ryan/Carrick Foegele

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Janmark and Brown could come out and alternate.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Draisaitl Henrique
Holloway McLoed Perry
Janmark/Brown Ryan/Carrick Foegele

Issue here is the penalty kill. The Oilers essentially use 3 forwards consistently on the PK: RNH, Janmark, and Brown. You would be scratching one of them for a player who absolutely will not fill that hole which is just not something I see the coaching staff being willing to do and I don't really blame them for their unwillingness.

Ryan/Carrick is the 4th forward for the PK generally so you can get away with rotating them because they replace eachother in the role.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Issue here is the penalty kill. The Oilers essentially use 3 forwards consistently on the PK: RNH, Janmark, and Brown. You would be scratching one of them for a player who absolutely will not fill that hole which is just not something I see the coaching staff being willing to do and I don't really blame them for their unwillingness.

Ryan/Carrick is the 4th forward for the PK generally so you can get away with rotating them because they replace eachother in the role.

RNH Brown/Ryan
Henrique Carrick/Janmark
Foegele/McLoed

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So it's clear to me that Holloway is one of our best 12 forwards...what does your ideal playoff game 1 roster look like?
im gonna wait for more than 1 game until I think of Holloway has one of our best 12. Hes shown flashes and fallen off before. He plays a dangerous game and ends up hurt often. He had great game last night, build on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad