Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I dunno man. Every time I've watched Barkov against the Rangers, it's obvious he's a really good player but he doesn't have the foot speed to scare me. He doesn't push back defenses, he doesn't command respect off the rush as a puck carrier. That's the Rangers biggest weakness and in no way does he exploit that. He likes to set up in the zone and the Rangers will gladly defend that all day long.

Defensively, I don't doubt he's legit. But we also have a couple elite defensive centermen.

I expect a lot of the top talent in this series to negate each other and to see the majority of whatever scoring we get to be from both teams bottom 6.

Also, for everyone (or probably just that one guy because it's a trash take) that thinks the Rangers haven't beaten strong competition yet..Carolina would have curb stomped Boston. Every single day and twice on Sunday. That is an excellent team and the Rangers started playing with their food after going up 3-0. To the victor goes the spoils, the Rangers handled business in the regular season to draw Washington. They earned a tune-up round, this core has proven itself in the playoffs in 22' as well
He scored one of the prettiest rush goals of the entire season against the Rangers this year

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Rangers have 1 Cup in the last 84 years.
Messier aided.

Messier screwed up the greatest hockey chant of all time.

1940….1940….1940.
Funny but the Panthers have NEVER won the Cup, as in zero, zippo, nada!!. Since the Panthers entered the NHL its Rangers 1 Cup to Panthers 0 Cups!! Don't worry we will start a new chant for the Panthers this year- NEVER... NEVER... NEVER

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Barkov>Zibenejad
Tkachuk>Panarin
Reinhart>Kreider

Carolina is not a great team, not in the playoffs. You can think that all you'd like but nothing over the last half decade indicates they're a "good" team in the playoffs. They're regular season, paper tigers.

Bruins and Lightning beat both the Capitals and Canes if they were to face them in the playoffs this year. Rangers have cruised all season. Florida will be a wake up call.

Look, everyone wanted Carolina to win and pumped them as cup favorites with the fancy stats. But since they are out now we can stop pretending and recognize they were never good. Panthers in 3 with a forfeit in game 4 as NYR can't handle the real contender. But if the Panthers do wind up losing then they weren't any good in the first place.

What I'm trying to say is, rangers are like Columbus tier.
LOL!! How did Columbus get to the Presidents Trophy Tier!!

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I think the cats tune the rags up game one and it gets really chippy and nasty from there. Could go either way in the end I think, the coach battle will be interesting too. The cup will be won by the Eastern team this year though.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I get some fans are down on Florida after their last series, but come on, they're a great team. As a NYR fan, this was the potential matchup many predicted. To get through the East you'll need to get past Florida, and that's going to be extremely difficult.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I get some fans are down on Florida after their last series, but come on, they're a great team. As a NYR fan, this was the potential matchup many predicted. To get through the East you'll need to get past Florida, and that's going to be extremely difficult.
Words of wisdom from a smart and educated Ranger fan. I fear the Rangers but they still need to go through us to get to the mountain top. The Cats have a better team than last year they are a confident bunch and favored on the money line. It’s not surprising that the Rangers got here they are a great team but this ain’t the regular season they will see a very determined bunch of Cats.

Reactions: TheWrongWay

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It was more of a slog to get past Boston that I predicted. The Panthers are not playing that well tbh. Certainly, they are capable of more. Tkachuk is having nowhere near the same impact as last year. Luckily Barkov looks better this year.

I think Rangers take this in 6.

If it is going to 7 surely it will be quite close...
Broons and the Panthers were definitely a slog, as they were both playing big boy hockey. There wasn’t much room out there for pretty plays.
FL focusing on trying to stay out of the box, seems to have dialed back the pot-stirring aggression a little. “Certainly, they are capable of more.” Yep, we’ve only seen flashes of them when they really got it rolling. Something has seemed a bit off, in several of their games.

Funny but the Panthers have NEVER won the Cup, as in zero, zippo, nada!!. Since the Panthers entered the NHL its Rangers 1 Cup to Panthers 0 Cups!! Don't worry we will start a new chant for the Panthers this year- NEVER... NEVER... NEVER
Can you do it right after you do the one about Potvin?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I think the cats tune the rags up game one and it gets really chippy and nasty from there. Could go either way in the end I think, the coach battle will be interesting too. The cup will be won by the Eastern team this year though.
Buy one-get one free special offer on the tune up, this week only!

Cats bite the Big Apple, return to Sunrise up 2-0 :popcorn:

This series is going to be close, and I expect it to be fun to watch.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
LOL!! How did Columbus get to the Presidents Trophy Tier!!
Luck, refs, bettman, the United states power play mercantile system, goaltending, lucked out on panarin, Fox only wanting to go to the rangers, the senators blowing the Mika trade, Carolina letting trocheck leave. Cheating to get Laf who turned out good after all.

Get the picture? They are Columbus without all of that

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He scored one of the prettiest rush goals of the entire season against the Rangers this year

Pretty sure Reinhart scored that goal if we're talking about the puck bobbling thing

I refuse to believe that the Rangers are going to allow him to bobble the puck with his head down for 7 seconds in the middle of the ice during the ECF without putting him into the 5th row

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I just want to see a giant subway godzilla rat get tossed on the ice in NY.
If it’ll get me a spot in an nhl promo commercial, I’ll do it.
It could be my big break :sarcasm:

“someone threw a live one! Well, it wasn’t ‘live’....but it was real!!”
-Jaromir Jagr 1996

Pretty sure Reinhart scored that goal if we're talking about the puck bobbling thing

I refuse to believe that the Rangers are going to allow him to bobble the puck with his head down for 7 seconds in the middle of the ice during the ECF without putting him into the 5th row
Lolollololol “7 seconds”.
They would’ve hit him on that play if they weren’t either mesmerized or already twisted into a knot.

Reactions: Laus723

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Post the bet slip or you're full of shit. FLA in 5 is currently +500, easiest money you could ever make. Nothing to lose for you right!
Don’t you know Panarin has to face Bobrovsky and not Andersen? Bobrovsky is basically Ken Dryden with his .902

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Rangers fans are really loving pumping up their own tires, you should be happy you have such a great team, but let's not pretend that this is some huge mismatch of a ECFs. Lol

Gonna be a long and physical series, you can count on that.

Uh..Legitimate Rangers fans aren't pumping our own tires. To be fair they won the president's trophy and won their first 7 playoff games. They made relatively easy work of a Carolina team that was considered to be a cup favorite. Had they not taken their foot off the gas being up 3-0 that series would have been over in 5. Your fans are the ones that think you're winning both games at MSG and "Panthers in 5."

Whatever hype they've generated is legit. They've done this with Adam Fox playing obviously injured and a shell of his former self.

That being said, the Panthers were always the team I wanted to face the least. Them and the Rangers are very obviously the 2 best teams in the East regardless of who made it to the ECF; I think they're both better than anything still standing in the West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad