USNDTP 2015-2016 Thread

savepercentage

Oct 13, 2015
Wrong Island, N.Y.
The U-17's played well against Canada Red in the Exhibition on Friday. Some sloppy moments though as I'm sure the nerves of starting the tournament came into play just a bit. I really like Gildon, had a few turnovers but he shows great escapability and a nice reach when defending guys 1 on 1 because of his size. Moves really well out there. And does Tommy Miller play for Victory Honda's U-18 team? Just curious.

I'm a huge Gildon guy, I think he'll be something else, even if he isn't with the NTDP next year.

Like last year, Miller plays for the Victory Honda U18s. No U16 for him––he was with Compuware's U16s in 2013-14. The fact that he's not a full-time roster player is sickening. At least Sasha Chmelevski was invited and declined.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Went out to Youngstown to see the U-18's play the Phantoms. Youngstown isn't as talented as last year losing talents like Connor and Sherwood but it was a good game nonetheless. Keller is fun to watch as he just cuts through the neutral zone so effortlessly. Bellows played a real physical game to match his skill as well, it was nice to see that. There was a few times were Chad Krys tried a little to much to make things happen and that could hurt him if he ever made this years World Junior team. Greenway is a punishing defenceman but needs a lot of work, especially with his skating.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Went out to Youngstown to see the U-18's play the Phantoms. Youngstown isn't as talented as last year losing talents like Connor and Sherwood but it was a good game nonetheless. Keller is fun to watch as he just cuts through the neutral zone so effortlessly. Bellows played a real physical game to match his skill as well, it was nice to see that. There was a few times were Chad Krys tried a little to much to make things happen and that could hurt him if he ever made this years World Junior team. Greenway is a punishing defenceman but needs a lot of work, especially with his skating.

I agree with your assesment or Keller and Greenway. Greenway needs help with his skating. As for Bellows, he can shoot the puck well. But outside of shooting the puck he seemed disinterested in the game. As for Krys his game is still at the bantam level in that he tries to skate through everyone etc and end ups turning over the puck. His game needs to mature in that he needs to move the puck and use his teammates. He would have much more succes if he did that. Look at the way his Fox distributes the puck, he uses his excellant vision to make his teammates better. I cannot say the same for Krys. If Krys is the best that USA hockey can bring to the world juniors - they are in trouble.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I agree with your assesment or Keller and Greenway. Greenway needs help with his skating. As for Bellows, he can shoot the puck well. But outside of shooting the puck he seemed disinterested in the game. As for Krys his game is still at the bantam level in that he tries to skate through everyone etc and end ups turning over the puck. His game needs to mature in that he needs to move the puck and use his teammates. He would have much more succes if he did that. Look at the way his Fox distributes the puck, he uses his excellant vision to make his teammates better. I cannot say the same for Krys. If Krys is the best that USA hockey can bring to the world juniors - they are in trouble.

Oh no there's older players that will be there that are better than Krys. I'm just saying he got an invite to the summer evaluation camp so he's on the radar, plus a lot of people seem to think he'll get an invite to camp in December, he might be one of the last cuts. I have liked Fox's game since I first saw him at last years U-17's. What you just said about him is a pretty fair assessment, so I'll leave it at that.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
This thread has been quiet for awhile...

Detroit Red Wings rookie All-Star and NTDP alumnus Dylan Larkin was at last night's game, and was signing autographs for the season ticket holders before the game. I am not much for autographs, but a friend of mine is a big Wings fan and autograph collector so I had a puck signed for him. Larkin seems like a nice young man.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
There was a nice crowd for Saturday night's Star Wars themed game versus Green Bay. I did not hear the final attendance, but it looked like the biggest crowd so far this season -- I would estimate at least 1,800. Both games against Green Bay were very entertaining -- the Gamblers were the best USHL opponent we've seen so far, IMO. Lots of fast skating and back and forth action, especially in the 3rd period Saturday.

I am interested to see how well the 5 Nations event draws next week. We plan on attending only two games, as we had commitments for the other nights.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Not a very big crowd for yesterday's Five Nations tournament games. The announced crowd for the evening game between the US and Finland was about 800, and the crowd for the early game between Russia and Sweden was noticeably smaller. However, supposedly the pre-game ticket sales for Saturday's games is at 1,400 right now, so hopefully there will be a good crowd for the US - Russia game that evening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad