Useless Thread MDCCXXXVI: i can't believe zaide changed the format last time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ceres your thoughts on Chris Evans being paid £2 million of our licence fee pounds per year

Chris Evans, much like Chris Moyles who is the first similar person who immediately comes to mind, is remarkable as a public media figure in that he is paid an exorbitant amount of money (read: any money at all) relative to the amount of radio listeners/TV viewers who say they can stand the sight of the insufferable *****.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I remember being given gifted status in elementary school. Didn't do a goddamn thing for me but raise teachers' expectations to high heaven. One of my teachers had me illegally re-tested in 8th grade without telling my parents because she didn't believe I was gifted. Passed it again and my parents lost their ****, school district policies were changed immediately and the teacher almost lost her position.

I think if I had been given the opportunity to take university level literature and philosophy courses in early highschool I would have been a lot more interested and done better but whatevs, I'm enjoying what I study now and am in no rush.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
I remember being given gifted status in elementary school. Didn't do a goddamn thing for me but raise teachers' expectations to high heaven. One of my teachers had me illegally re-tested in 8th grade without telling my parents because she didn't believe I was gifted. Passed it again and my parents lost their ****, school district policies were changed immediately and the teacher almost lost her position.

I think if I had been given the opportunity to take university level literature and philosophy courses in early highschool I would have been a lot more interested and done better but whatevs, I'm enjoying what I study now and am in no rush.

is your IQ 152

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Chris Evans, much like Chris Moyles who is the first similar person who immediately comes to mind, is remarkable as a public media figure in that he is paid an exorbitant amount of money (read: any money at all) relative to the amount of radio listeners/TV viewers who say they can stand the sight of the insufferable *****.

I dunno about that, I think Chris Moyles is/was way more popular than Chris Evans, however the hatred of the latter was probably recently exacerbated by Top Gear

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I dunno about that, I think Chris Moyles is/was way more popular than Chris Evans, however the hatred of the latter was probably recently exacerbated by Top Gear

The best bit has been frothing Mail readers giving it "such and such is paid 50,000 license fees a year for that lefty cartel it's a DISGRACE" when they completely misunderstand the concept of merchandising and how the BBC makes a lot of its money.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
The best bit has been frothing Mail readers giving it "such and such is paid 50,000 license fees a year for that lefty cartel it's a DISGRACE" when they completely misunderstand the concept of merchandising and how the BBC makes a lot of its money.

My favourite has been all the people calling it a tax

You don't have to pay the licence fee if you don't watch telly. Watch Netflix and **** instead or use other methods if you really can't live without telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad