7. Rock Show
8. Feeling This
9. Always
10. Stay Together For the Kids

Out of those, I would say Adam's Song is probably my favorite

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
mfw waiting for the Jesus of Suburbia video to get its first airing on Channel 4 back in the day

Sep 19, 2008
All the Small Things is the only Blink 182 song I know

Green Day the time of your life song and the American Idiot song and that song Sassafras Roots

that's it

don't really listen to that kind of music

Sep 19, 2008
Americans are so excited about this draft day today

in Europe they don't have stuff like drafts

even for the soccerball great teams just buy other great players and there is no equality in terms of a draft

@Siamese Dream I guess the only draft you heard of is the NHL draft lol

Sep 19, 2008
The first draft was held in 1963, and has been held every year since. The NHL Entry Draft was known as the NHL Amateur Draft until 1979. The entry draft has only been a public event since 1980, and a televised event since 1984.[1] Up to 1994, the order was solely determined by the standings at the end of the regular season. In 1995, the NHL Draft Lottery was introduced where only teams who had missed the playoffs could participate.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
There was a time when NBC would almost exclusively play Fall Out Boy during hockey coverage.

And it was always that same song too.

Probably heard the "light em up" part of the chorus thousands of times

Sep 19, 2008
A draft where teams have a fair chance to pick players instead of just the same old clubs buying talent :laugh:

Can you imagine the pre-draft NHL days?

Montreal literally won like 25 stanley cups buying the best talent in Quebec province and their territory :laugh: Because players like Jean Reambeau and what's his name who started that riot were all Quebecois they automatically became Habs lol. What a dumb system.

Sep 19, 2008
Remember when Rocket Richard hit somebody and the NHL suspended him for that hit and riots broke out :laugh:

Opposition players continued to try to stop Richard through physical intimidation, and he often retaliated with equal force. The situation led to a running feud with NHL President Clarence Campbell.[62] Richard had been fined numerous times by Campbell for on-ice incidents and at one point was forced to post a $1,000 "good-behaviour bond" after he criticized Campbell in a weekly column he helped author for Samedi-Dimanche.[63] Richard was among many in Quebec who believed that Campbell treated French Canadian players more harshly than their English counterparts.[64] The simmering dispute erupted after an incident in the Canadiens' March 13, 1955, game against Boston, when Hal Laycoe struck Richard in the head with his stick.[65] Richard retaliated by slashing viciously at Laycoe's head, then punched linesman Cliff Thompson when the official attempted to intervene.[66] Boston police attempted to arrest Richard for assault following the incident, but Bruins officials persuaded them to withdraw on the promise that the NHL would handle the situation.[67]
Following two days of deliberation, Campbell announced that he had suspended Richard – who was leading the NHL's overall scoring race at the time – for the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs.[68] In English Canada, Campbell was praised for doing what he could to control the erratic Richard. Unknown to most at the time, Campbell had long wanted to impose a lengthy suspension on Richard over his previous outbursts. As NHL president however, Campbell ultimately answered to the league's owners and they were reluctant to see such severe discipline imposed against one of the league's star players on account of their value in increasing game attendance.[69] In French Quebec the suspension was viewed as an injustice, an unfair punishment given to a Francophone hero by the Anglophone establishment.[8] Richard's supporters reacted angrily to Campbell: he received several death threats and, upon taking his customary seat at the next Canadiens game, unruly fans pelted him with vegetables, eggs and other debris.[65] One fan threw a tear gas bomb at Campbell, which resulted in the Forum's evacuation and the game's forfeiture in Detroit's favour. Fans fleeing the arena were met by a large group of demonstrators who had massed outside prior to the game's start.[65]
The mob of over 20,000 people developed into a riot. Windows and doors were smashed at the Forum and surrounding businesses. By the following morning, between 65 and 70 had been arrested.[70] Over 50 stores were looted and 37 people injured. Damage was estimated at $100,000 ($946,099 in 2018 dollars).[71][65] Richard had also attended the game, but left immediately following the forfeit. Frank Selke attempted to persuade him to return to try to disperse the crowd, but Richard refused, fearing that he would instead further inflame the passions of the mob.[72] He took to the radio the next day asking for calm: "Do no more harm. Get behind the team in the playoffs. I will take my punishment and come back next year and help the club and the younger players to win the Cup."[65]

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
blink-182's top all-time songs on Last.fm

1. All the Small Things
2. I Miss You
3. What's My Age Again
4. Adam's Song
5. First Date
6. Dammit
7. Rock Show
8. Feeling This
9. Always
10. Stay Together For the Kids

Out of those, I would say Adam's Song is probably my favorite

See

Man Overboard, Anthem Part Two, Carousel and Down are better than half of that list

I remember how triggered Shareefruk or whoever it is on the Entertainment board got when I suggested Take off Your Pants and Jacket as an album where every song is outstanding

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
See

Man Overboard, Anthem Part Two, Carousel and Down are better than half of that list

I remember how triggered Shareefruk or whoever it is on the Entertainment board got when I suggested Take off Your Pants and Jacket as an album where every song is outstanding
probably because that was a terrible shout tbf

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
probably because that was a terrible shout tbf

It was a semi-trolling answer to be honest because I recognise it's bad objectively, but if you take into consideration the low standards of the genre it's a correct answer

My serious answer was the Audioslave self-titled album but they don't really count because they're a super group, my other nomination was a Social Distortion album

Sep 19, 2008
still working through american pie 2 but fear the movie will expire

only bad thing about free movies is that you only get to watch for 30 days

THey had Harry Potter 2 and 3 a few months ago and they were only for 30 days

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Red Hot Chili Peppers all-time top 10 on Last.fm

1. Californication
2. Under the Bridge
3. Scar Tissue
4. Otherside
5. Dani California
6. By the Way
7. Can't Stop
8. Snow
9. Give It Away
10. Around the World

It's a shame there's nothing older than Blood Sugar Sex Magic. All of their 80s stuff has such a better and funkier sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad