Useless Thread MDCCXCII: John Kreese Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
maybe I should code for NHL lol

EA doesn't even understand puck physics anyway

I would fit in well there

Sep 19, 2008
Surely you know your argument is full of gaping logic holes and you're just f***ing with us, right?
literally the eclipse debugging ide UI

iu

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
it's true

run a debug in IDE

it literally follows logic flow of variables so you can detect where errors may be going on that don't show up on the compiler

That's not the point. If they're asking that as an interview question, they obviously don't want you to just run it through a compiler.

In fact, if they asked that question and you were completely clueless, then they simply wouldn't hire you.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Can you explain how a plane flies?

"Damn it, I'm a pilot. The plane does all that boring shit and I just fly the thing."

I don't know about anyone else, but I would prefer a pilot that can explain how planes stay airborne over one that can't.

Sep 19, 2008
Can you explain how a plane flies?

"Damn it, I'm a pilot. The plane does all that boring shit and I just fly the thing."
It's true

I was watching a documentary on Air Force One the other day. They are putting in a new electronics system in there. It is supposed to be easier to fly with and more digital than the multiple dials you see now.

I'm not saying you need to understand the physics of air flight in heavy detail, you just need to know the controls and dials.

415431.jpg

421470.jpg

@Fixed to Ruin

Sep 19, 2008
I drive a car. Let me try to find the velocity of the moving object A and the force measured by the vector -> A.

Or I can just f***ing turn the car key and drive.

Sep 19, 2008
Willie: I could use some help, I don't know much about this thing.

ALF: Me either, I just turn the key and it GOES!
I don't know why I'm getting shit for this

most common people aren't concerned with the inner workings of technology

I turn TV on it shows me picture

I turn CPU on it shows me game

etc

why bother with the nitty gritty inside. Only a nerd cares about that shit. "OH NO THE CATHODE RAY CONVERTER IS BROKEN I CAN'T SEE SHIT" let the repairman fix it

Too many people try to do things themselves. I am not a renaissance man. I am not a repair man. f***ing shower head broke the other day here I didn't bother fixing it with plumber's tape I just called for help. It costs more but I can't do home repair. I'm not a carpenter. The toilet paper dispensers here weren't even drilled in right when I moved in, I said, "Let the carpenter and handy man do it". It was sticking out broke AF for like 2 months before they fixed it in one day.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
It's true

I was watching a documentary on Air Force One the other day. They are putting in a new electronics system in there. It is supposed to be easier to fly with and more digital than the multiple dials you see now.

I'm not saying you need to understand the physics of air flight in heavy detail, you just need to know the controls and dials.

415431.jpg

421470.jpg

@Fixed to Ruin

325474.jpg

326942.jpg

328193.jpg

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
@LarryFisherman will you return or cross out the Cherokee from your car now that you find it hurtful and offensive to Native Americans

I'm not saying it is or isn't "hurtful" to them. If those of Cherokee descent come out and say that it's bullshit that one of the most popular SUVs sold over the last decade has their tribe name and heritage slapped on it, and Jeep changed it up, I'd be fine with that.

I'm not personally offended by names which bear these names and symbols, mostly because I don't think it's generally done with malicious intent. Stupidity and oversight, likely, but not malicious. Thus, I'm good with growing and adapting to the times and dropping these types of naming conventions moving forward.

I would not sell my Jeep. I typically de-badge my cars regardless of name because I like the look of it better, but on my model the "GRAND CHEROKEE" is embossed below the door in the trim and I wouldn't do anything about it, no. I would also buy another one if this one was wrecked or stolen or whatever.

Sep 19, 2008
But cancel culture said Cherokee is offensive now

So you have to tape over or remove the emblem from your car in order to adhere to political correctness :rolleyes:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
But cancel culture said Cherokee is offensive now

So you have to tape over or remove the emblem from your car in order to adhere to political correctness :rolleyes:

It's pointless to act like one specific consumer has any bearing on society as a whole. Besides, there's no such thing as ethical consumption.

The fault lies solely on the company commercializing the name.

It's the same general idea as the issue of recycling. Trying to offload responsibility on the consumers is to ignore the big picture, where the problem is caused by the companies that are producing these billions of plastic bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad