Useless Thread MDCCLXXI: I'm pickle Chip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I can't answer that. I'm just trying to explain to you the point Zaide was trying to make, I'm not debating the merits of the device itself since I know nothing about it.

Pressure cookers are NOT a one-stop shop in the kitchen. As a reasonably adequate home cook that comes from a line of great Italian home cooks (and I sometimes live up to my family), the only things I ever use a pressure cooker for are the following:
- canning vegetables (which cannot be safely canned in boiling water canning due to their lack of acid)
- braising/slow-cooking when I do not have the time to do so properly using my cast iron dutch ovens and such
I see. And did you partake in the bistecca fiorentina in Firenze?

Sep 19, 2008
As much shit as I give @OmniCube for age and or outdated thought I would strongly advise you visit the old country as soon as travel is permitted. You won't never regret it.

Nothing you could find in USA would be as good as Sicilian pizza, or gelato by the Spanish steps, or bistecca alla fiorentina.

Sep 19, 2008
All this food talk reminds me there is nothing to eat here and I must order BK off doordash :rant:

so hungry

member 157595

A pressure cooker does the same thing Zaide's machine does

Listen, we know I can buy that machine for 1500. We know that.

It's just the matter of buying a 1500 hunk of junk or a pressure cooker that does the same thing for 100 dollars.

This isn't really rocket science. The 100 dollar machine does what the 1500 dollar machine does.

Again, I don't know anything about the machine and I don't care because I'm not really the target audience for it.

As much shit as I give @OmniCube for age and or outdated thought I would strongly advise you visit the old country as soon as travel is permitted. You won't never regret it.

Nothing you could find in USA would be as good as Sicilian pizza, or gelato by the Spanish steps, or bistecca alla fiorentina.

I would very much like to go but international travel is not trivial for someone with my responsibilities. It requires a lot of planning and there are some private family issues that make travel all but impossible for the rest of 2020.

One of my most treasured possessions is my great-grandfather's pocket watch, which was given to him by his parents at some point before he left for America. It was passed down to me.

Sep 19, 2008
Again, I don't know anything about the machine and I don't care because I'm not really the target audience for it.

k

I would very much like to go but international travel is not trivial for someone with my responsibilities. It requires a lot of planning and there are some private family issues that make travel all but impossible for the rest of 2020.

One of my most treasured possessions is my great-grandfather's pocket watch, which was given to him by his parents at some point before he left for America. It was passed down to me.
go back to italy

Sep 19, 2008
Like I went to Spain, Portugal, Germany (twice), Italy, France, Belgium and Luxembourg all between 2015 and 2019 :laugh: no excuses

life is short so travel

shame the only travellers we have here are @RayP and @Miguel Cairo

Sep 19, 2008
Zaide would be distraught to learn most asian (Korean / Japanese / Chinese) food doesn't use cheese

Sep 19, 2008
JO4GWW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad