이 세상은 너 뿐이야
소리쳐 부르지만
저 대답 없는
노을만 붉게 타는데

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO

i must diversify my assets like Sejeong !!

@TheGreenTBer

@LarryFisherman

just a few things

first, i really don't like korean tv. it's way too chaotic for my f***ing anxiety. why is everything always so bubbly and exacerbated? is that just the culture and how people talk to each other normally?

two, why does she take off her mask when she's sitting at the table? like, she's wearing it when she gets in and at the start, but as soon as she's closest in proximity to another human she takes it off?

third, why is she doing all of this manually with paper?

fourth, why is she going into the bank to transfer money?

i believe that's all my questions.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
also, my dad was always very good with money. he made a good living and made really smart moves financially, so the only thing i've ever known money-wise is about smart habits and really good money management. luckily i've been able to take on some of those traits and build a nice life for myself. i'm at a disadvantage due to house pricing, but that's a topic for another day.

do other adults with decent really have no clue about savings+retirement+investing? people really just throw all their money into a checking account and never think about how to put that to work or what happens in the future?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
@John Price what happens when your regularly scheduled deposits dry up? I assume that stuff is coming from an elder, an elder who you will almost certainly outlive. are they scheduling deposits until the day you die? are you screwed when the distributor is no longer alive? how will you live into your old age?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... do other adults with decent really have no clue about savings+retirement+investing? people really just throw all their money into a checking account and never think about how to put that to work or what happens in the future?
Based on the volume & targeted audiences of the investment brokerage advertising I've seen on daytime TV since the pandemic came to the U.S., I reckon there are a fair amount of Boomers & the generation they spawned whose "strategy" is just that. Another clue to that unfortunate situation is the number of seniors back in the workforce after their supposed retirement.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@John Price what happens when your regularly scheduled deposits dry up? I assume that stuff is coming from an elder, an elder who you will almost certainly outlive. are they scheduling deposits until the day you die? are you screwed when the distributor is no longer alive? how will you live into your old age?
Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the answer......which we all know is never going to come. :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
just a few things

first, i really don't like korean tv. it's way too chaotic for my f***ing anxiety. why is everything always so bubbly and exacerbated? is that just the culture and how people talk to each other normally?

two, why does she take off her mask when she's sitting at the table? like, she's wearing it when she gets in and at the start, but as soon as she's closest in proximity to another human she takes it off?

third, why is she doing all of this manually with paper?

fourth, why is she going into the bank to transfer money?

i believe that's all my questions.

Koreans and Japanese variety shows in general are full of text on screen and subtitles. They are full of sound effects and side commentary as the guests usually sit with the hosts in studio, reviewing something that happened in the past (as you can see in that video Sejeong is seen with several hosts talking about the bank :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad