Olympics: USA vs Germany

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
As a fan of Finland I'm very interested of this match. If Germany would get a win on regular time or OT, that would shape up the seedings of top teams for the playoffs quite differently.

USA - seed 1 = Beat germany on regulation or OT/SO
Finland - seed 1 = Germany beats USA on regulation or OT/SO

Seed 1 = path to face Sweden later on the semifinal stage. Who doesn't get seed 1 out of FIN & USA plays against ROC/RUS at semifinal stage if they survive the QF round as well. By no means QF round is easy for almost any of the teams, but it's still quite interesting which teams can't face each other before the medal games and so on.

Ice hockey at the 2022 Winter Olympics – Men's tournament - Wikipedia

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Assuming that USA and Canada win in regulation today, this is how it continues:

Qualification
Canada vs China (again)
Czech vs Swiss (again...)
Denmark vs Latvia (Slovenia 2014 2.0)
Slovakia vs Germany

QF
USA vs Slovakia/Germany
Finland vs Czech/Swiss
Russia vs Denmark/Latvia
Sweden vs Canada

Russia is the worst group-winner but kinda gets a free pass to the SF, funny how things can turn out...

And as a Czech, I'm now even more disappointed in the Denmark game fack-up. Finland is my gold medal favorite, so the QF will be the end of the line. I would've rather faced any of the 11 other teams

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Assuming that USA and Canada win in regulation today, this is how it continues:

Qualification
Canada vs China (again)
Czech vs Swiss (again...)
Denmark vs Latvia (Slovenia 2014 2.0)
Slovakia vs Germany

QF
USA vs Slovakia/Germany
Finland vs Czech/Swiss
Russia vs Denmark/Latvia
Sweden vs Canada

Russia is the worst group-winner but kinda gets a free pass to the SF, funny how things can turn out...

Denmark has been pretty impressive so far, but before facing ROC/RUS Denmark might have tough time with Latvia. RUS/ROC vs Denmark wouldn't be a free pass for ROC/RUS. Group phase match of DEN-ROC/RUS was 0-1 untill 59 mins 54 secs, untill the empty netter.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Its 1:1 ?

Thats suprising.

I was on a bike ride so i missed the first part of the game.
Maybe better that way :D

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
German powerplay is really letting them down. 0/4 against Canada, 0/3 against China and 1/6 today. The are really good at icing the puck though :sarcasm:

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
At least Germany's play has improved, if they get their special teams going there's a chance to tie it in the 3rd..
I feel like aus den Birken looks more calm in net than Niederberger, hope I won't jinx it now..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Germany has been the most disappointing team so far, frankly. Considering their WC results, last Olympics, Kahun and Rieder being able to play they seemed like a medal contender. Instead, they got 1 goal win against China and a sound beating by NA teams.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad