WC: USA Roster

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Very happy and possibly could be a line. Think this might be Kreider’s 1st WC.

Glad team USA did something. Didn’t want to see American Dream lose it

Kreider’s second WC but first since leaving college. USAH has struggled for years to get good US players like Kreider to commit who came before the 2013 WJC team. Seems like the guys from the 2013 WJC team up until now who have turned pro look at this tournament a lot more fondly than older players. Larkin, Gaudreau, Hanifin good examples. Hopefully this means the attitude towards this tournament is getting more positive for US players. Kane committing would help a lot too

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Also helps that Kreider won't be coming off of being banged up in the playoffs with the Rangers. Should be fresh for the US.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saad isn’t the only Blackhawks player deciding whether to play at Worlds. Patrick Kane has also reportedly expressed interest in playing, and Craig Custance of The Athletic notes that if Kane decides to play that it would lead to his Chicago teammates, including forwards Saad, Alex DeBrincat, Vinnie Hinostroza, Nick Schmaltz and defenseman Connor Murphy also wanting too.
“If he’s in, everyone is in,” one NHL source told Custance.

what a load of crap - if Kane is in they all will go, why can't these guys just come without Kane lol!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
from Keller for the World Championship-
“I’d definitely look into it, see how my body’s feeling,” said Keller. “Any time you get to represent your country, it’s a special honour, and it’s a lot of fun.”

from reports, he seems a lock to play - also he took JJ's passing pretty hard, seems he wants to honor him this year as well.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
I doubt he comes again...he came last year and likely takes a break. Him and Lee really didn't do much here last year either= I would take him 100% just not sure he answers the call yet again.

Lee led USA in goals, third in Tournament, had 5 PPGs, didn’t really do too much?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lee led USA in goals, third in Tournament, had 5 PPGs, didn’t really do too much?
comment was mainly for Nelson, honestly recall Lee scoring a few goals, I do not remember him looking that good overall though.. I would take them both in a heartbeat considering I doubt we get anyone like Kane, Eichel, and Gaudreau. Lee would be great to have once again, no doubt,

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
agreed, but plenty of early round loses for him and he never came...happy he is here, just crazy to think he hasn't played for his country in like 6 years.
the only time the rangers were eliminated before the 2nd round that kreider was a pro was in 2016.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the only time the rangers were eliminated before the 2nd round that kreider was a pro was in 2016.
can add players after the first 2 rounds of NHL playoffs, though most come after round 1- I remember him declining or hearing he declined a lot...not trashing the guy, happy he is here, just saying it seems like it has been forever since he has represented his country. he has been in the playoffs so I have always given him the benefit of the doubt...hope he brings Skjei with him here again.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Larkin is the new ****ing Captain America!! - that kid continues to answer the call even as a RFA - so much like Ryan Kesler and his passion for USA Hockey

He is fairly smart to basically leave that in USA hockey's court. But I said awhile back it wouldn't surprise me if he figured out a way to go especially with the death of JJ this year. He made a point of addressing what a loss that was for him personally and all of USA hockey. Playing for Team USA is very important to him and I think he will answer the call for the next few years while the Wings rebuild.

But it is a low risk move if you're Larkin. Hockey USA needs to figure out his insurance, if they are unwilling to do that he isn't the bad guy if he doesn't end up going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad