GDT: USA (5) vs. Canada (4) • Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Part 3

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Calgary is now accepting "Thank you" letters from American fans for the performances of Adam Fox and Tyler Parsons.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Shootouts suck.

Why can't they just play OT until someone wins it? That game was incredible and completely lost it's lustre as soon as OT finished.

Hockey is a team game. Shootouts must be eliminated at all levels of hockey. :rant:

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Man for such an unbelievable and memorable game that has got to be one of the most anti climatic and dull finishes imaginable.

Without even getting into the shootout being there, 1 goal on 10 shooters? especially in a 4-4 game? blue-balled x100 from that

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder how many Canadians would be griping about the shootout if Canada had won?

That's disrespectful to how much the majority of us care about this game and enjoyed it.

Go back and look at how many of us said "either way shouldn't be a shootout".

Nevertheless, the USA won. I congratulate you and tip my hat, respect. Congratulations on a well earned Gold medal, nothing but respect for that American team. Well earned Gold.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
LOL at all crying about the shootout, we won fair and square we are the better team, Canada had two 2 goal leads and couldn't hold it. Too bad too sad.

Agreed. I think this US junior team is simply better than Canada. One of the greatest games I've ever seen, kudos to the refs and players

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I wonder how many Canadians would be griping about the shootout if Canada had won?

ME!! First of all congrats to the Americans.

I say it every ****ing year, EVERY YEAR get rid of the shootout. I was saying to my family when OT was starting that who ever wins let it be in OT and not go to a shootout.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
That overtime was fantastic, loved every minute of it. Glad USA won but it is a shame that it went to a shootout.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
What an exciting game to watch! I just wish it could have been continuous overtime. Oh well. Go USA and congrats to Canada on a very fun game.

Also, the majority of the fans here have been all class. Great tournament guys

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

To a man Canadians were saying they couldnt stand this going to a shootout 5 minutes before the ot period was over.

We don't like it and if you just read the pages you will see that.

Congrats on your victory, Canadian fans hating shootouts has nothing to do with anything about that .

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Gold medal games should not end in a shootout. It just shouldn't.

A skills competition basically decided the winner. :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad