Us Versus Them Prospects(work in progress)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Trochek and Shore have put up similar AHL numbers to Pumpel and Prince

It's hard to get excited about Bingo players like
Hoffman - cleared waivers last year
SDC - Not good enough for nhl so went to Russia
Schneider - If he does not make the Sens hits waivers
Wideman - if he does not make Sens hits waivers

Not a lot of potential in Bingo

Really, because Puempel scored more goals than both combined, while Prince had 1 fewer; that seems like something to get excited about. Stone and Hoffman both paced at a considerably higher level, not to mention Pageau. It's also worth noting that Hoffman broke out after clearing waivers; it's questionable whether he'd clear again.

So I guess what you're saying in a roundabout way is that they've proven nothing over our AHL'rs of a similar age.

The Fuhr*

So why complain about prospects? We were good enough at the time to make the playoffs, which you said you wished you could watch a team do.

Can't have both. You complain about not having good prospects from bombing, about not having a good team to watch, and then complain when they make the playoffs. Make up your mind.

I complain about direction

Bryan Murray said a couple weeks ago the rebuild is over

This Sens team is supposed to win the cup... I don't see it

The Fuhr*

Really, because Puempel scored more goals than both combined, while Prince had 1 fewer; that seems like something to get excited about. Stone and Hoffman both paced at a considerably higher level, not to mention Pageau. It's also worth noting that Hoffman broke out after clearing waivers; it's questionable whether he'd clear again.

So I guess what you're saying in a roundabout way is that they've proven nothing over our AHL'rs of a similar age.

Trochek had a pretty good rookie campeign in the A and Shore had 30Pts in 40 games or so last year.

My issue is the Sens need to be levels ahead of the Cats, Wings, Bolts

It's not enough to just be as good as them

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Also, since Shore has been brought up as a good example of an up-and-comer for Florida, it's worth mentioning that Alex Chiasson is the same age as him, they both put up similar numbers in their senior college years, and Chiasson has already scored 22 more points at the NHL level. It's nice to look flashy as a prospect, but it means nothing if it doesn't translate to the NHL.

Zibanejad, same age as Bjugstad. Better production to the tune of 15 points and more defensively reliable. (Or, if you prefer, only five points less than Huberdeau.) Pageau, one year younger than John McFarland, same age as Rocco Grimaldi. Better stats than both combined. Stone, same age as Howden. Similar NHL-level production so far. Ceci, two years younger than Gudbranson but nearly the exact same season last year.

I could keep going. But I would sure hope you'd see my point by now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Also, since Shore has been brought up as a good example of an up-and-comer for Florida, it's worth mentioning that Alex Chiasson is the same age as him, they both put up similar numbers in their senior college years, and Chiasson has already scored 22 more points at the NHL level. It's nice to look flashy as a prospect, but it means nothing if it doesn't translate to the NHL.

Zibanejad, same age as Bjugstad. Better production to the tune of 15 points and more defensively reliable. (Or, if you prefer, only five points less than Huberdeau.) Pageau, one year younger than John McFarland, same age as Rocco Grimaldi. Better stats than both combined. Stone, same age as Howden. Similar NHL-level production so far. Ceci, two years younger than Gudbranson but nearly the exact same season last year.

Year younger than Bjugstad actually.

The Fuhr*

Nice... Ottawa should be substantially better then the Cats three years from now by the sounds of it

If the Cats are a 80 point team then we should expect 90-95 points from the Sens

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Nice... Ottawa should be substantially better then the Cats three years from now by the sounds of it

If the Cats are a 80 point team then we should expect 90-95 points from the Sens

Weird. When I checked the 2013-14 standings...

Ottawa 88 points
Florida 66 points

The Fuhr*

Weird. When I checked the 2013-14 standings...

Ottawa 88 points
Florida 66 points

I'm thinking about the future... The Sens rebuild is officially over according to BM

So this core of talent the Sens have need to be good enough to win the cup... If it's not then what's the point?

I did not see Tallon announcing his rebuild over and Cats ready to contend

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Year younger than Bjugstad actually.

Technically speaking, you're correct. I'm going by today's age (they're both 21) but Bjugstad will be 22 in two days.
I'm thinking about the future... The Sens rebuild is officially over according to BM

So this core of talent the Sens have need to be good enough to win the cup... If it's not then what's the point?

Ever hear of a sophomore slump?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Oh right, because when a GM says the rebuild is over that means that no further signings or trades can be made to continually improve the team. I guess we're stuck with this roster forever or until the next "rebuild" comes.

The Fuhr*

Oh right, because when a GM says the rebuild is over that means that no further signings or trades can be made to continually improve the team. I guess we're stuck with this roster forever or until the next "rebuild" comes.

How many forwards 24 or younger can you say the Sens have that will hit 50 points in the NHL?

The Sens are not going to win a cup with no talent up front

I'm looking at a treadmill team the way it's made up...

The Fuhr*

Cedric Paquette is probably the Bolts 10th best prospect and he's just as good as Mark Stone

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
How many forwards 24 or younger can you say the Sens have that will hit 50 points in the NHL?

The Sens are not going to win a cup with no talent up front

I'm looking at a treadmill team the way it's made up...

At first glance I'd easily say Turris, Zibanejad, Stone, Chiasson. I'm fairly confident Hoffman, Lazar and Puempel will be there too, and there's reason to believe Guptill, Pageau, Prince and possibly Lindberg could one day hit that mark if all goes well in their progression. I fail to see a point in this...

The Fuhr*

At first glance I'd easily say Turris, Zibanejad, Stone, Chiasson. I'm fairly confident Hoffman, Lazar and Puempel will be there too, and there's reason to believe Guptill, Pageau, Prince and possibly Lindberg could one day hit that mark if all goes well in their progression. I fail to see a point in this...

Hoffman who cleared waivers last year is going to hit 50Pts?
I doubt Chiassion is going to get 260PP minutes as a Sen too

I think Turris, and Zibanejad are the only players that can be expected to hit 50Pts

Turris is this teams best forward... How many other teams in the East would he be the best or second best forward on?

The Fuhr*

Have you ever watched him play? That is very wrong and baseless. The only thing he is better at than Stone is taking penalties.

I have watched Paquette play, his rookie season in the A was every bit as good as Stones rookie season

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hoffman who cleared waivers last year is going to hit 50Pts?
I doubt Chiassion is going to get 260PP minutes as a Sen too

I think Turris, and Zibanejad are the only players that can be expected to hit 50Pts

Turris is this teams best forward... How many other teams in the East would he be the best or second best forward on?

1. Yes. Waivers aren't the kiss of death, as much as you'd like to claim they are. Keep in mind he was passed through in late September, when most teams have their rosters already set. Nobody is going to open a hole for a player who was 23 and coming off three scoreless games and a mediocre sophomore slump season in Bingo. He's only gotten better since.

2. Doubt the powerplay time all you want. I still think he notches 50 points easily. His shooting percentage last year was unsustainably low.

3. That's your opinion. We'll agree to disagree on this one. But I reserve the right to say I told you so.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

That seems overly optimistic. 50 pts is not all that common, only 21 players have ever reached that mark wearing a Sens uniform (the current iteration of the franchise).

I would agree that many of the players you list have that potential, but none are locks (except Turris who already has). Zibanejad and Lazar have the best shots at it imo, followed by Stone, and Chiasson. I'd be happy if one out of the rest were to reach that target.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Trochek and Shore have put up similar AHL numbers to Pumpel and Prince

It's hard to get excited about Bingo players like
Hoffman - cleared waivers last year
SDC - Not good enough for nhl so went to Russia
Schneider - If he does not make the Sens hits waivers
Wideman - if he does not make Sens hits waivers

Not a lot of potential in Bingo

Shore put up ******** numbers and Trocheck put up decent numbers but definetely not comparables to Puempel or pageau. 6 goals by a top 6 forward at almost any level is unexceptable and Pageau out produced Trocheck point and goal wise in less games.

The Fuhr*

Shore put up ******** numbers and Trocheck put up decent numbers but definetely not comparables to Puempel or pageau. 6 goals by a top 6 forward at almost any level is unexceptable and Pageau out produced Trocheck point and goal wise in less games.

So Pageu will be a significantly better player then Shore and Trocheck?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
So Pageu will be a significantly better player then Shore and Trocheck?

His limited stature is a knock against him. Obviously its impossible to say whether he'll be significantly better because anything can happen but so far hes the better more developed player. People get to caught up in HF's grades for prospects when all that really matters is cold hard production and execution of play. The 20 goal scorers have 20 goal potential the 6 goal scorer have 6 goal potential at least i believe theres a significant correlation between producing at in lower league and producing at the NHL.
Producing at pro levels is more showing of a persons talent then producing at junior and NCAA levels

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad