Movies: Us (2019 - Jordan Peele Directing)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Was OK, but disappointing. Didn't love the ending/twist. Didn't really make much sense and was left with too many questions.

Wasn't scary, but that doesn't bother me a bit. I prefer suspense/thrillers anyways.

Really enjoyed Get Out though.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
The trailer had it penned as a horror movie, and it wasn't one. Movie looked great, but fell flat and was pretty boring after the house invasion. There was a lot of hype going into the film and it's hard to leave the theatres being anything but disappointed. Especially with how great Get Out was.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
It was good but definitely not great. Reminded me of It. A much better movie than horror film. The film kinda loses its suspense and potential for a horror film when the doppelganger family attacks. The setup up until that point was fantastic. The trailer kinda gave away all the scary/creepy parts. The ending/twist was very predictable and I guessed it halfway through the movie.

Overall great acting, concept and symbolism just a little disappointed because I was kinda of hyped for this.

I thought the first home invasion was one of the film's high points. Well filmed, full of tension, with a nice blend of comedy and suspense. All of Peele's strengths were on display.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

30,000 retweets and 102,000 likes.

Was anyone aware this was a thing? That Nyongo was being criticized?

I feel like these stories are made up so people can post something inflammatory like the above and then that fuels engagement until the next fake controversy. But also, there has got to be a ton of bots in those numbers.

Also, wasn't Twitter getting rid of showing likes and RT numbers?

Also a bit more on topic. I haven't seen the movie. I am just not a horror/thriller guy so even though I freaking loved Get Out, i'm just not that interested in this one.

Get Out really, REALLY should have won best picture last year.

Fantastic post. You nailed the bots thing.

Just a heads up, Us is out there for download now. Just watched it. An excellent Thriller ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad