Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I bet Geno has some bruised ribs.. What it sounds like to me anyway and is a similar time frame for recovery for those.

Also who sits when Maatta comes back?

I could see them giving Maatta a game or two just to get his legs backs before the playoffs but he wont be in the lineup if everyone is healthy the rest of the way.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I could see them giving Maatta a game or two just to get his legs backs before the playoffs but he wont be in the lineup if everyone is healthy the rest of the way.

Yes, he will. This is going to be a travesty, but he'll be in for Pettersson.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maatta should be in for JJ.

Maatta shouldn't play unless we're in one of those "dire situations" where a shake-up is required, like losing the first two games of a series or on the brink of elimination.

Especially with how much time he's missed, he's going to be rusty as hell.

Reactions: Pengwins

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Defense isn’t the problem right now I don’t think adding Maata does anything and he should be used as a 7th D ready for an injury.

Who on this team is going to score goals? That’s another story.

Are we missing Malkin and ZAR this much?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Defense isn’t the problem right now I don’t think adding Maata does anything and he should be used as a 7th D ready for an injury.

Who on this team is going to score goals? That’s another story.

Are we missing Malkin and ZAR this much?

Uh no

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Uh no? Are you saying we are not missing ZAR? Because we can’t score more than 1 goal in a game right now and it can’t all be because of Malkin who really hasn’t been that great second half of this season

Yes. His impact next to Malkin's - even a slumping Malkin - is insignificant.

Reactions: ncm7772

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Yes. His impact next to Malkin's - even a slumping Malkin - is insignificant.

Well of course he doesn’t mean as much as Malkin what am saying is by missing both it’s hurting our depth so much that we can’t score? ZAR is nothing more than a 4th liner but maybe he’s more important for us than we think

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
This is a league where an absolute nothing player can injure a superstar and face zero penalties/repercussions.

Gotta love the NHL.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
This is a league where an absolute nothing player can injure a superstar and face zero penalties/repercussions.

Gotta love the NHL.

Lemieux said it best when he called it a garage league. You can take your stick and break a mans ribs even when the puck is no place near him and that is fine. Swimg your stick lazily after someone hits their stick in your lower back then punches you in the head and you get suspended. It really is what will eventually get me to stop watching hockey after decades of this crap. Watching the league ruin Lemieux’s career was sickening. Players groomed him up on a nightly bases in the 80’s and early 90’s.

I have told myself this is it when Crosby and this group hangs it up. I hope I stick to my guns because the league doesn’t deserve my money. Torn because I love Mario and as long as he owns them I will most likely support them. Only league that doesn’t protect its money makers.

Reactions: td_ice

Sideline

May 23, 2004
G skating almost guarantees a bruised/cracked (same recovery) rib. It makes too much sense.

And now that the Pens are doing well, he can rest even more and with a rib injury, you need rest. Need it.

I've had pretty serious burns, deep cuts, dental surgery, and broken bones. Some of those hurt more consistently than a pretty minor rib injury, but while the rib injury was healing it was fairly common that out of nowhere it would stop me in my tracks. Breathing the wrong way would wreck me. Rib injuries suuuuuck.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Reese looks to be out longer than most thought. Ruhwedel as well but both probably back for the playoffs. Malkin skating is a good sign in that he can move around. Yes he isn't shooting yet but probably close to doing so. Pens need to win the next two home games and semi-lock up the metro top 3.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've had pretty serious burns, deep cuts, dental surgery, and broken bones. Some of those hurt more consistently than a pretty minor rib injury, but while the rib injury was healing it was fairly common that out of nowhere it would stop me in my tracks. Breathing the wrong way would wreck me. Rib injuries suuuuuck.

100% agree. I cracked rib 8 (lower) actually playing at PPG Paints (boards are freaking high!) and I played through the game. No problems at all. Didn't feel anything that night. Woke up and started feeling it. Went to the gym, was lifting and it absolutely stopped me in my tracks. As you said, took my breath away.

Couple of days later I had to get an x-ray as it wasn't going away and it was cracked rib 8. Sooooo many days I felt like I could do everything and then out of nowhere it would just stop me. So it's frustrating because you feel 100% but you have to give a few weeks to heal.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think ZAR in for someone like Wilson or A. Johnson is a big difference, actually. Wilson especially is a black hole of offense.

justaguy15

Jun 7, 2016
Yeah, the rib cage stuff can be horrible. I dislocated cartilage and broke off my xiphoid process playing football in HS. Couldn't do any weightlifting for over a year and still experiened occasional stabbing pains 15 years later, with nothing the doctors could do about it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think ZAR in for someone like Wilson or A. Johnson is a big difference, actually. Wilson especially is a black hole of offense.
I want to see a 4th line of Aston-Reese, Cullen, and Johnson. I think that's the kind of wingers that makes a guy like Cullen more useful.

Wilson is worse than a black hole of suck.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Johnson should not be playing over TB.
It has very little to do with anything you think.

Blueger - He's a C, he's better as a C, he's actually very good as a C and I would entertain moving Cullen to LW if Blue was the 4C. But Sully likes to keep him as wing right now.

Johnson looks better as a Winger than a C. Then again, I haven't seen him at C. Also, I was probably one of the most vocal Blueger supporters on here, almost to an annoying degree. You really think I want Blueger out of the line-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad