Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
It has very little to do with anything you think.

Blueger - He's a C, he's better as a C, he's actually very good as a C and I would entertain moving Cullen to LW if Blue was the 4C. But Sully likes to keep him as wing right now.

Johnson looks better as a Winger than a C. Then again, I haven't seen him at C. Also, I was probably one of the most vocal Blueger supporters on here, almost to an annoying degree. You really think I want Blueger out of the line-up?

I see what you are saying but TB also penalty kills. That is something we desperately need in the playoffs. Sully has to figure out where to play him. I'd swing Cullen to LW like you suggest.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I see what you are saying but TB also penalty kills. That is something we desperately need in the playoffs. Sully has to figure out where to play him. I'd swing Cullen to LW like you suggest.
I'd start resting Cullen right now to be honest. He could use a few games off at this point, or rotate him in and out every other game and give Blueger reps at 4C.

Get a better glimpse of a future 4th line next year - I'd roll Johnson, Blueger, Anyone but Wilson.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'd start resting Cullen right now to be honest. He could use a few games off at this point, or rotate him in and out every other game and give Blueger reps at 4C.

Get a better glimpse of a future 4th line next year - I'd roll Johnson, Blueger, Anyone but Wilson.

Yup. Really no reason to play Cullen every game. Let him get a few games off and have fresher legs for the playoffs.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Letang on the bike and maybe just a precaution. But it makes sense to rest Letang and give him another 5 days to get back to health. Much needed three days off is big this time of year. Next two home games are big and win those two especially the Canes and then Sully can plug and play as needed. Finish in the top 3 in the Metro is the goal especially playing the Islanders in round 1.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
When Letang came back against Carolina he was asked if the injury took longer then expected.

He said their was no timeline for his injury, it just depended when he felt comfortable to play.

You have to assume this is the same situation.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yup. Really no reason to play Cullen every game. Let him get a few games off and have fresher legs for the playoffs.

Well that's why you don't blow easy games in Nov, so that you have the option of resting your guys who are older or logged a TON of mins this year (Dumo)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What the f***? Did they bring Letang back too early? Or is he basically just a stiff breeze away from going on IR every time he plays?

Reactions: Lustaf

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
What the ****? Did they bring Letang back too early? Or is he basically just a stiff breeze away from going on IR every time he plays?

I can't remember what player it was (I was preoccupied at the time) but he did take a rough ride into the boards vs Dallas. Clean check, just seemed like Letang didn't absorb it very well

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I can't remember what player it was (I was preoccupied at the time) but he did take a rough ride into the boards vs Dallas. Clean check, just seemed like Letang didn't absorb it very well

But that, in itself, is worrisome. When you play big minutes like he does, you're going to take some heavy bumps. If he's going to get hurt every time he takes one, that's going to be an issue.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What the ****? Did they bring Letang back too early? Or is he basically just a stiff breeze away from going on IR every time he plays?

He’s probably going to be injured for the rest of the season and he’ll play as long as he’s not too sore and/or can manage the pain...
Sounds like something that could keep getting aggravated

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Guessing because it’s pretty much certain the team makes it now, that Letang and Malkin are being rested to get fully healthy.

Reactions: RichWVU

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Why no Riikola? :(

I don't know, he's down in WBS now and it should be Trotman. Or Trotman to Wheeling. I don't care, just no Trotman. Riik has had some issues but he's had some good stretches and should absolutely be playing over this guy.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Three days off now and doing fairly solid in terms of points in the standings so Letang and Malkin can kinda take all the time they want really. But will be interesting to see if either/both are ready three days from now.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I wonder how long Letang will play with this neck injury. He may just want to retire, and I wouldn't fault him for it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Olli is travelling with the team, so I would suspect he's going to play vs Nashville. At this point, I don't know if I would rather see Trotman play or him. But hopefully the time off maybe makes him put more effort into each of his strides?

I hope for too much and allow it to disappoint me.

Reactions: BHD

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Olli is travelling with the team, so I would suspect he's going to play vs Nashville. At this point, I don't know if I would rather see Trotman play or him. But hopefully the time off maybe makes him put more effort into each of his strides?

I hope for too much and allow it to disappoint me.

Pretty easy decision - Maatta all the way. If we're missing Letang, having someone who's only playing 15 minutes or so (5 of last 7 games) is not a good idea. Him being faster or a RD doesn't make up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad