Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think we simplify our game when Letang is out of the lineup and the lot of mediocre defenseman we have play a lot better.

The solution isn't trading Letang, but I would hope Sullivan can coach Letang to play a simpler game so his partners don't drown.

what are u talkin about.

your statement has no grounds in reality, based off this season.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
what are u talkin about.

your statement has no grounds in reality, based off this season.

Johnson went from like a -15 from with Letang in the line all the to a -1 since Letang has been hurt, with Johnson playing ~5 more minutes a night.

Petterson is a +10 all the way from the negatives.

Gudbranson is making JR look like a genuis right now, although we can't really compare how he plays with Letang in the line up yet

Just saying my opinion is that mediocre defensemen are playing more minutes and doing better with a simplified defensive scheme. I think our D try to play up to Letang's level when he's in the line up, and they fail. And I'm grounded in reality. Thanks, though.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Johnson went from like a -15 from with Letang in the line all the to a -1 since Letang has been hurt, with Johnson playing ~5 more minutes a night.

Gudbranson is making JR look like a genuis right now, although we can't really compare how he plays with Letang in the line up yet

Just saying my opinion is that mediocre defensemen are playing more minutes and doing better with a simplified defensive scheme. I think our D try to play up to Letang's level when he's in the line up, and they fail. And I'm grounded in reality. Thanks, though.

Kind of a weird thought process. You think the defensemen are influenced by Letang’s game? What Letang does should have no barring on any other defenseman besides Dumoulin. I could see the arguement that some players are better with more minutes though.

Reactions: PensandCaps

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

Me being a pessimist, this causes me concern.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Pettersson was never at any point a negative for the Penguins this year. In fact, he's at an even plus/minus since Letang got hurt. On Johnson, the biggest reason he's looking better now is that he's playing on the left side with a good puck mover. Johnson also looked pretty solid alongside Letang earlier in the year, that was the only other time Johnson played LD with a PMD RD was when he was with Letang.

The idea that the team is better defensively because Letang is hurt is just insanity, it's just as stupid as saying Letang should be a winger because he's bad defensively. The problems with the defense this year have been mostly forwards and goaltending, the defensemen haven't been that big of an issue this year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hopefully Letang doesn't tweak whatever injury he has the very first physical contact he takes in practice. Him replacing Trotman and rounding out the D-pairings will be huge.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pettersson was never at any point a negative for the Penguins this year. In fact, he's at an even plus/minus since Letang got hurt. On Johnson, the biggest reason he's looking better now is that he's playing on the left side with a good puck mover. Johnson also looked pretty solid alongside Letang earlier in the year, that was the only other time Johnson played LD with a PMD RD was when he was with Letang.

The idea that the team is better defensively because Letang is hurt is just insanity, it's just as stupid as saying Letang should be a winger because he's bad defensively. The problems with the defense this year have been mostly forwards and goaltending, the defensemen haven't been that big of an issue this year.

I want to say I can’t believe this fan base is worried about a Norris candidate returning to the line-up. But, then I remember what fan base we are..

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010

We play the same defensive scheme, except the forwards actually bother to defend on a regular basis and support the break out. It makes a world of difference. We might become complacent when Letang is back but that won't be his fault and I really doubt that a veteran team would be that stupid. We have great stretches in March year after year, Letang or no Letang. JJ wasn't bad because he was trying end to end rushes like Letang, he was bad because he was always out of position in the defensive zone and couldn't hit the net to save his life.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think the forwards are trying harder because they think they need to with Letang out in general. I think Letang and Dumo going out just pretty much flipped the switch that it's time to get into gear.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

no. youre just making an incoherent rambling argument that has no facts to it.

those guys dont even play with Letang, letang has been the best or 2nd best Dman in the league this year. Try again.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
How does Letang Drown his partners?

Dumo is like a +28 with letang lol.

Letang haters are insane

Yeah Tanger has been amazing this season. Maybe his best yet. He sort of blended what everyone wanted him to do last year to protect his neck and longevity with his natural instincts. He also got his fitness back up to where it normally is.

He’s played smart this season.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I think Tanger should be a front runner for the Norris this season. He's been amazing. But I wouldn't be against him sitting a while longer. The team defense has drastically improved since he went down.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I think Tanger should be a front runner for the Norris this season. He's been amazing. But I wouldn't be against him sitting a while longer. The team defense has drastically improved since he went down.
Disagree with your Tanger/Norris premise based on / of games played alone, you have to be amazing for longer than that imo to be a Norris contender. team is tightening up though like you said so with PO approaching let him rest and heal before he goes reckless Viking on the ice again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad