Mon. 23vs. Philadelphia Flyers7:00 PM ET NESN PLUS - NHL NETWORK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Wed. 25vs. New Jersey Devils7:00 PM ET NESN PLUS
1:30 AM 9/26 NHL NETWORK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat. 29vs. Chicago Blackhawks3:00 PM ET NESN PLUS - NHL Network
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
NHL Network will show road games
(games could be blacked out in New England)

September 21st 8:30 PM at Chicago - NHL Network will show a condensed 1 hour game at 12 NOON - Sunday 9/22

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

September 19th 7 PM at Philadelphia ( feed from NBC Philadelphia)
September 21st 8:30 PM at Chicago (feed from NBC Chicago)

NO TV ANYWHERE for game at New Jersey September 16th
(split squad - Devils also playing that night in Montreal)

Thanks
The New Jersey crew at Monday's Prospect game said they'd be streaming the September 16th game

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
It’s the year 2019.

NESN Plus and NHL Nerwork exist.

Every game should be televised.

First, NESN is apprently showing all three local home games. That's literally all I've ever asked for. I can't expect Jack and Brick to pack it up to go to Jersey or Philadelphia for a day for a preseason game. So, I have to give them props for that. I'm happy keeping Jack and Brick from doing away games if it means they're more available to do other stuff like cover playoff games or spend more time with pre/post shows. Or, heck, even if it just gives Jack some more time to do some pre-season reading - honestly, hate on him all you want, he prepares meticulously.

Second, the other RSNs are picking up the away games, except for New Jersey. Even that's forgivable - NJD has a split squad. Do you really want the New Jersey equivalent of Tom Caron calling a game for one of the two games? I'll pass.

As far as coverage, yeah, I hope NHLN shows it here. It'd be great if NHLN would broadcast the away preseason games like the NFL does on Sunday: you get your local team (in our case, with away feed) if it's available, or another game if they're not playing/broadcast. If they have the capability to block regional games, I imagine they have the capability to pick and choose which regions get which RSN games. Then again, this may be expensive - I don't know if NHLN pays the RSNs per game for access to their feeds, or if it's one lump.

I hope the away games aren't blacked out in New England. That would just be stupid - NESN's not broadcasting it, so why the blackout? Bruins aren't blacked out when NESN has the Red Sox playing in late March/early April and NBCSN picks up a Bruins game. The only legit reason for blackouts is if it's available locally (with local advertisers), or for the old 1970s/80s reason: if people aren't buying tickets for the game.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

September 19th 7 PM at Philadelphia ( feed from NBC Philadelphia)
September 21st 8:30 PM at Chicago (feed from NBC Chicago)

NO TV ANYWHERE for game at New Jersey September 16th
(split squad - Devils also playing that night in Montreal)

Have the B's stopped Scheduling preseason games at smaller Hockey arenas around the area. I know they had at least one in Providence a few years ago. Preseason games would be way more popular in places like Manchester NH Or Hartford CT Than they would be at the td garden.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Have the B's stopped Scheduling preseason games at smaller Hockey arenas around the area. I know they had at least one in Providence a few years ago. Preseason games would be way more popular in places like Manchester NH Or Hartford CT Than they would be at the td garden.

They last played in Providence against NJ about 5 years ago ( and it was on NESN )

@GarbageGoal - Do you have any insight on why the Bruins don't seem interested in playing a game there anymore?

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
I remember they played in Lowell against the NJ Devils one time way back in the mid 2000's when they transitioned from the Lowell Lock Monsters to Lowell Devils.

Reactions: gumgum

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I remember they played in Lowell against the NJ Devils one time way back in the mid 2000's when they transitioned from the Lowell Lock Monsters to Lowell Devils.
Did Delaware North have the concessions for the Tsongas Center When they played there.I don't think i have ever seen the bruins come to the Centrum/dcu center for a preseason game.

Last edited:

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
Did Delaware North have the concessions for the Tsongas Center When they played there.I don't think i ever seen the bruins come to the Centrum/dcu center for a preseason game.

Not sure. I was only like 10 at the time but this was when it was still the Tsongas Arena, well before the University had the rights. I know Aramark runs things their now though

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Did Delaware North have the concessions for the Tsongas Center When they played there.I don't think i have ever seen the bruins come to the Centrum/dcu center for a preseason game.

But the Devils were the home team.

The Bruins do not want to own an AHL team - they tried that in the 70's

BUT the Bruins made it clear several years ago to Rhode Island officials that if Delaware North lost the concession rights in Providence they would move their affiliation.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019

Devils fan here, it’s viewable in market only. But obviously there are ways around that.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
About 20 plus years ago, I went to a game vs the Caps at the Centrum maybe late 80's early 90's. Also used to go to Providence every year. Got to see Ray Bourques first kinda game as a Bruin in Providence. My first game was in 1977. Last game I remember going to there was vs Philly and only real memory was Dan Kordic hammering Marc Potvin in a fight.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017

I saw the B's play against St.Louis in the Centrum in the 90's when the Ice Cats were the Blues AHL affiliate team. I got Mike O'Connell's autograph at Coney Island before the game.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
They last played in Providence against NJ about 5 years ago ( and it was on NESN )

@GarbageGoal - Do you have any insight on why the Bruins don't seem interested in playing a game there anymore?

It was longer than that. The last one I remember was 2011 against NJ.

I also recall a game when Samsanov was still on the team (he put on a skating clinic in one shift), also versus NJ.

I have no idea why they don't anymore, but supposedly Ross Brooks was big into arranging it. They are always sellouts. Seems like a perfect time to profit from concessions.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
About 20 plus years ago, I went to a game vs the Caps at the Centrum maybe late 80's early 90's. Also used to go to Providence every year. Got to see Ray Bourques first kinda game as a Bruin in Providence. My first game was in 1977. Last game I remember going to there was vs Philly and only real memory was Dan Kordic hammering Marc Potvin in a fight.

I saw the B's play against St.Louis in the Centrum in the 90's when the Ice Cats were the Blues AHL affiliate team. I got Mike O'Connell's autograph at Coney Island before the game.
I didn’t know they ever went there. It must have been only before the new garden was built.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I didn’t know they ever went there. It must have been only before the new garden was built.
There were rarely pre season games at the old Garden, team used it as a chance to get to cities that didn't have hockey (Worcester, Providence at the time) or had AHL affiliates (Maine). League used to play lots of minor league arenas and out of market games to build interest or just allow the fanbase to see the Bruins or whoever in person. Tickets were even cheaper than NHL games, which weren't expensive at the time, and you would see lots of kids at the games, like me in 1977. Orr made me a hockey fan for life watching O'Reilly in person made me a Bruins fan for life

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Apparently, we won't be getting the NBCSCH+ feed from Chicago on NESN+, or anywhere else legally. Red Auerbach and Dit Clapper would be steaming mad. NHLN has other games scheduled for Saturday night...weird, because I figured that an 06 matchup that only happens twice a year in the regular season would be catnip for them. But it is an awkward start time, at 8:30 ET.

We are swapping feeds with Philadelphia, so NESN+ will get the Philly feed for the Philly home game, and they'll get the NESN+ feed for our home game. Be prepared for obnoxious Philly fans to complain about Jack.

NHLN feeds will be blacked out locally, because we should be watching NESN+.

Can't really complain. Of the six games, 3 genuine home-grown productions, 1 online feed, 1 imported TV feed, and 1 game unavailable. You have to have NESN+, but that's not a huge barrier unless you're a college kid in the BU dorms, I think.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Apparently, we won't be getting the NBCSCH+ feed from Chicago on NESN+, or anywhere else legally. Red Auerbach and Dit Clapper would be steaming mad. NHLN has other games scheduled for Saturday night...weird, because I figured that an 06 matchup that only happens twice a year in the regular season would be catnip for them. But it is an awkward start time, at 8:30 ET.

We are swapping feeds with Philadelphia, so NESN+ will get the Philly feed for the Philly home game, and they'll get the NESN+ feed for our home game. Be prepared for obnoxious Philly fans to complain about Jack.

NHLN feeds will be blacked out locally, because we should be watching NESN+.

Can't really complain. Of the six games, 3 genuine home-grown productions, 1 online feed, 1 imported TV feed, and 1 game unavailable. You have to have NESN+, but that's not a huge barrier unless you're a college kid in the BU dorms, I think.

It is going to be hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad