Management UPDATE: Steve Staios GM and POHO, Dave Poulin Senior VP of Hockey Operations

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
No big surprise. I'll be surprised if he lands anything more than a scouting role .. if that in the NHL.

He can be an assistant GM again I think but that's as high as he should go if you want a good team. He misses big so you need a GM to be a sober second thought. But he can run a good scouting team and some of his ideas are good.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree with this.

I think his track record had good and bad to it. The NHL is an old boys league and he's been around for 25+ years. Someone would have given him a job.

But the Dandonov thing points to a personal integrity issue. I think if he never works in the league again it'll be because of that.

I am bit surprised though that we haven't heard one word of him since he got canned
When he left the team, I recall that the words used by Andlauer was that Dorion submitted his resignation and the team accepted it. That seems to indicate that he is no longer employed by the team and is not getting paid anymore. Of course, just because those words were used, does not mean that they are accurate about what actually happened.

Reactions: Loach

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
After listening to the Poulin interview (how smooth is this guy, he’s like the ultimate gentleman with an elite hockey mind I’m very happy he’s here) he didn’t say it directly but having Bowness, Staois and Poulin you have 3 generations of excellent hockey people all with contacts through different trees and it’s super great for our organization. Between the 3 of them they must know almost everyone at every level of hockey. Good on Staois for having the 3 headed monster.

Good things coming for this team. We have an excellent front office - how polished Staois and Poulin are is such a massive upgrade for this team - it’s like going from working an Uber to working at an elite law firm

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
After listening to the Poulin interview (how smooth is this guy, he’s like the ultimate gentleman with an elite hockey mind I’m very happy he’s here) he didn’t say it directly but having Bowness, Staois and Poulin you have 3 generations of excellent hockey people all with contacts through different trees and it’s super great for our organization. Between the 3 of them they must know almost everyone at every level of hockey. Good on Staois for having the 3 headed monster.

Good things coming for this team. We have an excellent front office - how polished Staois and Poulin are is such a massive upgrade for this team - it’s like going from working an Uber to working at an elite law firm
After Dorion, the added professionalism is nice, but at this point, all I care about is winning. Staios is a rookie GM and Poulin doesn't exactly have a sparkling track record.

Really hoping these guys can walk the walk.

Reactions: PlayOn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I will wait before anointing this management team as an "excellent front office".

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I will wait before anointing this management team as an "excellent front office".
Reading your posts on this subject over the last number of months, I think you have already made your mind up. You have been extremely negative.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

That’s fair. To see where Alvin taken the Canucks in 12 months from Bruce Boudreau making jokes that maybe he’d be getting fired to this team he’s built in Nashville - this should be the bar for the Sens (but Staois doesn’t have the same goalie or a proven playoff squad so it fair but this Canucks team is really impressive from where they were)

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

talk is cheap.....

Actions speak louder than words.... so when there's some action, we'll be able to make a better assessment.... right now, all sizzle and no steak.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Staois, Poulin and Bowness provide the organization with a new state of professionalism (as mentioned previously) that will give the organization some credibility that was lacking in years gone by.
The rest of the league GM's knows what a *#**show it was here and players may be more likely to play here given the changing of the guard. Still lots of work to be done but the organization is moving in the right direction.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reading your posts on this subject over the last number of months, I think you have already made your mind up. You have been extremely negative.
When Staios makes some player moves that improve the team, I will applaud them. Until then there is nothing to applaud. I have said I hope he does well.

I felt the same about Dorion when he was hired.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad