Management UPDATE: Steve Staios GM and POHO, Dave Poulin Senior VP of Hockey Operations

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Just saw the post on Instagram, I'm sure more news will follow.

I'm a huge Dave Poulin fan and think this is an awesome hire.
Poulin is a really nice hire. He knows what we need to do. I pretty much agree with everything I’ve ever heard him say about hockey.

Reactions: LiseL

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I get that he's highly respected and is a good hockey mind. But there was a time when he was trying to crap on Karlsson and his takes were completely out to lunch, I semi-resent him because of how horrible his assessment on Karlsson was at the time. I'm sure this is good for the team though.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I like him a lot as an analyst and broadcaster, Seems like a smart guy. Hopefully he'll have a positive impact on the team.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I get that he's highly respected and is a good hockey mind. But there was a time when he was trying to crap on Karlsson and his takes were completely out to lunch, I semi-resent him because of how horrible his assessment on Karlsson was at the time. I'm sure this is good for the team though.
I think he tilts towards ‘hard’ hockey but still appreciates skill. A good mindset considering our current shortcomings.

Reactions: robsenz

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Stupid.

Staios has zero experience as an NHL GM. So we changed Melnyk with Melnyk. I like Pouly, I really do. But does Andlauer only hire people from f***ing TSN1200? Wtf is this.

Like I can see him and Staios huddled around the radio , with a log fire in the background, listening to Martin and say “he would be good as a coach”, and “Pouly made some great points there, let’s offer him a job too”.

What an absolute joke of a franchise

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So does this still shake out with a GM hire in the off season and Poolie is just the assistant to Staois?

If so I like it as I always enjoy listening you Poolie talk on the ‘radio’.

I still think we need a GM and another AGM to deal with cap and contracts.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I would expect that this means we are going to see radical moves start with reconstructing the roster.

The team did not respond at all to the coaching change.

They don't have the luxury of time to fix this. I don't think this means that they don't add to the management group next year, or even appoint a new GM down the road, but this is the team deciding that they simply cannot wait to retool this team and they need someone in place who can decide on the direction and execute it starting at the TDL.

My prediction is that 3-4 big names are gone by the TDL. They will try to sell high on Bath and Chychrun. Maybe others. I don't think Chabot is moveable right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad